It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Mile rise in ocean floor Tasman sea.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Greenland is up near the arctic ocean.

Isn't that what I said?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I hate to be the one to tell you this dude but....

1. A sudden rise like that would generate enough of a wave to go around the world raising hell with low lying countries like Bangladesh. Everything is quiet though so "wha happen?"

2. US Geodetic Survey has no knowledge of such an event. "wha happen?"

3. No news agency in either OZ or Tas is aware of anything out of the ordinary. "wha happen?"

Oh one more thing is that sea was never that deep in the first place since continental shelf is below it.

conclusion: You be nuts or a fakir.

What you been smoking lately?

edit on 19-2-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Think about it you say.

Did you think about how ridiculous the sea floor moving up 2 miles is?

Don't you think that us Australians and Kiwis would have noticed such a thing?

As for Greenland and some sort of shift that you think is going on, it hasn't shifted, if Greenland has moved, then many, many siesmologists and astronomers would be up in arms, because of all the seismic activity going on as well as all the stars and planets wouldn't be where they should be.

The sun is where it should be, even in Greenland.
There was no 2 mile rise in the sea bed.

Maybe you are the one who needs to think about it?

edit on 19/2/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I live 500 metres from the Tasman Sea, there has been no change.
The tide came in and went out as usual twice today, a rise and fall of half a metre where I am.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by grumpydaysleeper
what does that mean? Is that so unusual?

It sure doesn't sound usual.

I really posted this after my little venture to the beach today. There is hardly any beach left. I know this happens from time to time but the other day there were thousands of dead jellyfish on the little bit of beach too. Is this normal? Really?

The ocean, from my layman's prospective, looks like it's swallowing the land. I know that's a little dramatic but from the steps to the Ocean from the parking lot there was maybe 15' of beach (bulkhead). That is not how it's been over the last 7 years of me being down here.

I don't know. I'm just being observant yet devoid any conclusion.

Hey Human take a look at this site - apparently the sea bed around Australia is rising 13 feet per day something very strange is happening all around us.

cj.myfreeforum.org...

They are also relating it to certain prophesies and tonight in nz the moon has a orange/brown ring around it - this is so wierd.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

That buoy has issues. This has happened before at that same buoy.

If you search the web you will find the debunking of the previous one.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I have lived on the Eastern coast of Florida for 26yrs and tons of jellyfish and the beaches getting smaller is really nothing new. It happens more and more over the years. I dont even like the beach personally because there are always jellyfish on it and in the water. No thanks!

As for 2miles rising up well that just sounds a bit odd and like others have stated it would have have made headlines I would think. I will read more about it before I decide but this is probably just an error. It would cause major problems for surrounding areas.

I just wanted to say that jellyfish even in the thousands isn't unusual for Florida. Those things freak me out! More people get stung poking the "dead" ones on the beach than those in the water. Don't poke the jellyfish!

As for beaches disappearing, after 2004's wonderful Hurricane season we had here the beach I lived on (Bethune Beach) literally had no real beach after that. If I wanted to lay out I had to do so on the dock. The beach had been eroded so bad that the beach line was pretty much all the way up to the steps of the beach approach and docks of peoples homes. There were walk ways down to the beach that have the entire bottom level of steps covered in sand. If you know how the beach walks are on the beach then you know that is a lot to be covered. It all happened in 04 and it gets worse every year. I no longer live in that area but I do know now that it is almost impossible to lay out on the beach there now.

edit on 2/19/2011 by mblahnikluver because: spelling

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
There are massive underwater volcanic ranges so vast, you couldn't imagine.

Underwater volcanics are one of the most important things in our planets climate, and we know very little about them.

There are even underwater super volcanoes that could a rise in the ocean floor before erupting. However a 2 mile rise is a glitch dude. The deepest part of the Tasman sea is only a little over 3 miles deep. For a rise of 2 miles to occur, there would have to be an apocolyptic amount of magma present. Not to mention everything would be dead in the waters around it.

The events going on aren't weird. This is part of Earths cycle. The glacial cycle is set to return to a glacial state. This is the way of the planet we live on.
edit on 19-2-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I hope you all realize the prophet Dr. Ouwor had predicted a major earthquake and tsunami would hit Tasmania and Austrailia. Perhaps this rise in the ocean floor is the beginning.

It's all over his website as well. He said the people there need to repent. I'm Haitian and he came over to Haiti and spoke to the people there months before the earthquake happened. Nobody listened and alot of people perished. 11 of my dad's cousins died. And many more of my family not even accounted for. I would say that this is not a joke people and his prophecies are nothing to be taken lightly. When the Lord speaks to you even through different people, you should take heed.
edit on 19-2-2011 by ag893 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ag893

this post bothers me.a lot. I think it is out of context....hello mod?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ag893

I'm Haitian and he came over to Haiti and spoke to the people there months before the earthquake happened. Nobody listened and alot of people perished. 11 of my dad's cousins died. And many more of my family not even accounted for.

Firstly, welcome to ATS. I am sorry about your situation and hope you get closure soon, losing so many members of your family and all. How long have you lived in Haiti?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Actually, you would think that, but reports of occurances like this have happened before with no quake or noise. In Alaska, 2 or so years ago, they had a huge area rise up from under the water overnight, with no quake.

I am not saying this happened or not, but anything is possible.
edit on 19-2-2011 by iamlizzyb because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ag893
I hope you all realize the prophet Dr. Ouwor had predicted a major earthquake and tsunami would hit Tasmania and Austrailia. Perhaps this rise in the ocean floor is the beginning.

No, it's not the beginning of anything. If anything had actually occured by now any effects would well and truly be seen. Maybe if there was a tsunami and earthquake then your false prophet may be onto something.
But there wasn't, so it's not related at all.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 9Cib27
I find it suspicious that there are so many people trying to say "this didn't happen" and "this is a malfunction". PROVE it's a malfunction. OTHERWISE I have proof the sea floor just rose 2 miles.

It's a pocket of magma people.

Living in southern Australia, this has me really worried.

These magma people, just how dangerous are they?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by G.A.G.

Hi! Thanks for the welcome! Actually I don't live in Haiti. I never have. I was born and raised here in the U.S. I live in Texas right now but my homestate is Florida. I was in SW FL at the time it happened so we were far from hearing about what happened to the rest of the family compared to the east coast where most Haitians immigrate to. All of my close family is here fortunately so it wasn't that bad. But for my dad and mom it was tragic.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
All you Aussies and others out there need not to worry!

This gigantic rise in pressure under the Earth is for the fault zones in the US

The devastating catastrophe that will strike is only for the United States.

In fact, i'm in one of the states that will be under the ocean.

Oh and for all you people out there saying it's malfunction and this rise in ocean floor is impossible: you are simply debunkers. You have to provide evidence of everything as well. OF COURSE it's easier to be a skeptic. Our evidence in believing this is in the Original Post.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I agree. Its easier to be a skeptic and attack people than to look at what the OP posted and investigate it. If it didn't happen, ok, it didn't happen. However, to swing incoherent and uncogent statements at the OP is ridiculous. Give the OP some validity. I doubt the sea floor rose 2 miles, which is a lot, but maybe it was 2 meters. I dunno.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wxguru

What makes you think it was not investigated? It appears the one who did not investigate was the OP, who incidentally, provided a quote which had nothing to do with the link provided.

Studying the system used to collect data is investigation. Did the OP investigate that?
Did the OP investigate the possibility of maintenance/failure of that equipment?
Did the OP investigate the possibility of similar occurrences?

Apparently not. It's much better to just post a thread titled:

2 Mile rise in ocean floor Tasman sea

and a quote from a flakey website and tie it to a supposed event in Greenland and beach sand migration. Why investigate any of it, only skeptics are supposed to investigate.

Did you do any investigation of your own? Did you check the dataset for March 2, 2009? Did you notice anything odd? Oh, you're not a skeptic? Never mind then, you're not expected to investigate. You just take every claim at face value.
edit on 2/19/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

At approximately 0632 PST (ABOUT AN HOUR AGO) ocean buoy 55015 recorded a sudden ocean floor rise of over 2 miles (3324.8 meters) in the Tasman Sea.

www.ndbc.noaa.gov...
edit on 18-2-2011 by asala because: all capped title

That link no longer has that sentence that you posted on there. I'm going to take a look at the data on the website and see if I can compare 2/17 to 2/18.
I'm starting to see a pattern here. The government probably has a lot of legal shills stopping the flow of this information. Good Catch Human Alien...I think we are going to have to start taking screen shots or else it we'll never see the information and it never happened. Everything is normal...nothing to worry about... :/

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

The link never had that quote in it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join