It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 256
<< 253  254  255    257  258  259 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Has anyone seen this thread. These clouds have been seen all the way to the gulf coast.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Yep!

Saw it right before I came over here.

This New Madrid may have more twists and turns than we could imagine; the pressure of the water coming from the flood could very well be doing SOMETHING.....

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I went out to look at the sky after I read on ATS that the
clouds were just west of where I live in Ft. Wayne.
I didn't see them as my view is obstructed by tall
trees. I am getting very concerned for everyone
that lives along the Madrid or close to it. Let's hope
these clouds don't ring true for what they have
represented in the past.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

And make sure you have a hot survivalist guy with you!
Sorry, I couldn't help myself!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SusanFrey
Has anyone seen this thread. These clouds have been seen all the way to the gulf coast.

www.youtube.com...

The cloud pictures on that linked ATS thread such as the huge rings around the sun/moon and the various sundogs are EXACTLY what I see here in Mid Missouri after we get blitzed by dozens of planes flying around in x's and o's polluting our sky with whatever they are polluting it with. Very oddly, while Arkansas and others to my south and east were getting deluged with clouds and rain, we had almost NO jet traffic here and none of the usual visable heavy jet pollution and some of the bluest most beautiful skies I can ever recall seing for many years. It was great and even the birds seemed to love it, more came back than I had seen for awhile and they were most all singing AND we had 'natural' clouds for a change. I wonder where all the planes went, to Arkansas or Texas perhaps???.... Hmmmmmm...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I just saw this map on the compiling a List of Future Maps thread.

i55.tinypic.com...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I've been searching, and can find nothing in regard to the land sinking because of the water pressure on the river... I was wondering if you guys had some links so I could look into that more. I really want to understand this, I do know that the water does cause land sinkage but I was looking for anything that had been reported....... I've seen lots of pics that to the naked eye look like land sinking or giving way to pressure, but I just wanna know is anyone reporting on this?!?!?!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Robin, "Hi"....a bit off-topic, but after reading your posts the last few days, I'd like to steer you to this very interesting You Tube that maybe you can wrap your intellect around for a moment to see a different perspective regarding your agnosticism .....I'm certainly not trying to "convert" or offend anyone here, but this video might blow your mind a bit! It certainly got MY attention.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The swarm has almost stopped. There's only been a few in the last while. Even at it's diminishing rate, there have been clusters every several days. A cluster is due, or almost over due.

So, don't be surprised if a small cluster happens in the next short while. But it may be delayed because of the flooding. The mass may be holding the fault in check. The clusters may only return after the waters beging to recede.

The land my not sink due to the fact that the soils themselves are swollen. In fact, certain regions will have the soil rise as it's fill with water. It all depends on the porous nature of the particular soils in that area. Some areas will erode, while other soils will actually become denser as sediments are deposited in shallow part of the flood.

There are so many different things happening, it's impossible to know how the river and land have changed until after all is said and done.

Thankfully the region has been dominated by a dry high pressure system of late. There's a weak low pressure trough making its way east toward the midwest states. But it's nothing like th fronts that occured over the last week. I'm not discounting the disaster, I'm just saying if the weather hadn't of broke, it would have been even worse.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
AR webicorder for Wooley Hollow folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

Something just happened!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Magnitude 3.1
Date-Time

* Saturday, May 07, 2011 at 13:08:29 UTC
* Saturday, May 07, 2011 at 08:08:29 AM at epicenter

Location 35.250°N, 92.379°W
Depth 6.1 km (3.8 miles)
Region ARKANSAS
Distances

* 2 km (2 miles) NNE (21°) from Greenbrier, AR
* 8 km (5 miles) SSE (151°) from Twin Groves, AR
* 9 km (5 miles) NE (51°) from Wooster, AR
* 57 km (36 miles) N (356°) from Little Rock, AR
* 421 km (262 miles) SSW (207°) from St. Louis, MO

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Surely you must by now be considering the possibility that increased activity is HAARP-induced, as attested to by HAARP rings observable on Intellicast. Black Ops is a real possibility here, via the intentional, non-benign manufacturing of ELF waves.

thetruthabout1111awakeningcode.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Andelise

Those aren't HARRP rings that show up on the Doppler radar. The radar was operating in clear air mode, this setting is more sensitive than the other modes.

When a radar transmits energy, part of it may be intercepted by targets on the ground, such as buildings, trees, cars, or other objects. The return signal from these objects is called "ground clutter". Ground clutter interferes with the detection of meteorological targets, such as raindrops, because ground targets are large and typically produce high reflectivity. Ground clutter can result even if the main radar beam is above ground targets because part of the energy radiated from the antenna is emitted off the beam axis in what are known as "sidelobes". Back-scattered energy from the sidelobes is interpreted by the radar processor to come from the main lobe, so ground targets hit by one of the sidelobes appear to a radar user in the same relative position in the main lobe.

Clear Air Returns

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I really don't like being me. I'm laughing at the moment, because I don't want to cry. Sometimes I have the ability to be incredibly accurate. I haven't been writing much. Just thinking, reading, and observing.

Yesterday I began wondering about the lull and wondered when, or if, the clusters would return. This morning I woke up and checked the graphs and the lists, and I knew that it was now time for a cluster. If we didn't get a cluster, I was going to reassess my thinking.

Well, I said we were due for activity. And 15 minutes after I posted my watch alert, that 3.1 rolled in on schedule.

I was having my doubts. I thought the cluster might be overdue and would arrive late, if at all.
I was wrong. It was right on time.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

My ex will do in a pinch, and yes in country boy looks he is a hottie... He is one of those honey do kind of guys, he can do anything and what we have to study and research he just walks up and does. Never underestimate the redneck/hillbilly types.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Another thing we need to b3e well aware of after all of this will be west nile, it is going to surface like we have never seen.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Wow Antar, you just brought a very valid point. There is going to be SOOOOO much standing, stagnant water this summer as the floods recede and leave all that pooled water behind.

I guess one thing at a time though, eh? It hasn't even crested yet, which is just crazy. I'm praying those levees hold, but it seems there is some concern on the strength and integrity of some of them, which isn't surprising.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andelise
Surely you must by now be considering the possibility that increased activity is HAARP-induced, as attested to by HAARP rings observable on Intellicast. Black Ops is a real possibility here, via the intentional, non-benign manufacturing of ELF waves.

[redacted - no point]

:shk:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by derek_m24

Understood, and I am sure that is correct, to a point.

But, whether people are willing to acknowledge HAARP rings or not, the fact is, Dutchsinse (and others, including a dude in Hawaii) have been able to predict, with blazing accuracy, where severe weather will hit. Dutchsinse, in fact, was 100% accurate in April. That is a bit scary, in my opinion.

How this relates to earthquakes? That is where Dutchsinse loses me a bit. He has some bit of predictive capacity, but not much, in my opinion, at least so far. So, I understand if my reply seems off topic - My apologies, and I do appreciate your efforts and your work here. -Ande

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Andelise

How far in advance did this person predict these storms? Did he predict what cities would be hit? Just wondering because anyone can predict that Arkansas will have severe storms next spring. Happens every year here in the hills. Do you have link where I could read this info? Sounds interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 253  254  255    257  258  259 >>

join