It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 135
<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Something I haven't seen mentioned before, that might be worth keeping in mind. Depending on the severity of a quake, doors and windows might go out of plumb. Which means they would not be square anymore and would be difficult if not impossible to open! Have something handy that could break a window. (Protect yourself from flying glass!) If you are higher than the first floor, having an alternate exit plan in mind would be prudent.

If I lived in an area that felt these quakes, I would leave the bathroom door open if it was a room without a window! If you live in an apartment building, have a rope or one of those over-the-windowsill fire ladders handy. You don't want to have to wait for emergency help-it could be a long time.

If you sleep on the second floor and have an extension ladder in the garage, take it out and keep it somewhere in the yard. The garage might collapse and it will be unreachable! Keep it in the backyard out of sight of burglars though! LOL! That way it will be handy for neighbors to get you out.

They need to make a new classification of PTSD for you Arkansas folks. PETSD, (Pre Event Traumatic Stress Disorder)!!! Just remember, preplanning is essential, don't worry what other people might say. If something happens, they will be coming to you for help! In the middle of an emergency it's pretty hard to think of what to do! Remember that fable of the grasshopper and the ants? Here's hoping we are all ants!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SusanFrey
reply to post by Robin Marks

Robin put this post on the facebook page please.

You mean this one.......

I urge all Arkansans to attend any meetings you can find.

I urge all Arkansans to attend the EMERGENCY meeting tomorrow. Even if they don't let you inside, gather and you decide what to do. Next.

I urge everyone to call anyone you know in Arkansas. Family, friends, a penpal. Tell them about the meeting and make the pay attention to this EMERGENCY.

I invite everyone to join the Facebook page, ARKANSAS FRIEND. Join the group against fracking as well.

I direct the curious, those that want information, to the blog full of information, FRACKING ARKANSAS.

This thread is full of information and eye-witness testimony.

I beg you all to do whatever you can to spread this message and help stop the injection wells.

STOP THE INJECTION WELLS

STOP FRACKING ARKANSAS

www.facebook.com...#!/profile.php?id=100002077642177

frackingarkansas.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Yes that one Robin.

They are saying that over 100 people have shown up so far for the meeting and they were only expecting about 50 to show up. The mayor said the seismic crews are not paying attention to their maps as to who allowed access and who didn't and they are having problems there as well. He also said some in attendance live within 5 miles of some of these wells. More at 10.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

I'm just a bit confused. Are you saying the geologists didn't understand the scope? Maybe clarify.

edit on 3-3-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

It means that they sold the same right off ways too multiple sites. or just sold the same piece of land rights multiple times.
So when they looked at there maps they said " thats my area" too which the reply was,, well u get the idea.
edit on 3-3-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Here is a map of some webcams in Arkansas and surrounding states. Not
many in Arkansas.

www.wunderground.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

What I got was that the there were complaints from some land owners about crews being on their property doing the seismic studies and that the crews were not paying attention to the maps they were given as to use as to who gave permission and who didn't to be on their property.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
A not to surprising article in the New York Times,

Drilling Down
Politics Seen to Limit E.P.A. in Regulation of Natural Gas

Here;

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

Good ideas and to have on this thread.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It got quiet for a little while but it just rumbled again and shook.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Hmmm....nothing showing on GEE.

I wonder just how shallow these might be getting?

Edit to add: small bit showed up here on Iris: LINK

some condensed lines, but no spikes on GEE...I'm thinking it is very near the surface and localized
edit on 3-3-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
How can I save this off GEE and send it? It's not anything big but a big spike on TA W40A BHZ, Wow that was wierd I was looking over to tell you what station and it all flat lined on me.

edit on 3-3-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
They are starting back up stronger, I feel them

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Showing a small one on here,

www.iris.washington.edu...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Not to worry. Got both stations up and keep them up in GEE. Nothing has happened of note. I have been through the USarray's data and waveforms for many of the quakes in Arkansas. For example, the big 4.7 that hit showed about 400 microns/sec at TA.X40A on the BHZ (broadband, high gain, vertical) channel, and 700 microns/sec on the BHE and BHN channels. Things show up weaker at W40A for some reason, even though it's closer. I have emailed two people at USarray seeking an answer as to why. No answer yet.

Here's the links to waveforms of the 4.7:
usarray.seis.sc.edu...
edit on Thu Mar 3rd 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Mar 3rd 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

You always beat the webicorder. You're real-time information.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Yup...I have noticed some odd stuff. Take the last quake for instance. Suan felt it, it recorded on Iris, but hardly shows on the stations nearest to it on GEE...othern a sharp, rolling line. Wierd. This is why I am wondering if perhaps it is getting nearer the surface. Is that IRIS station a Bore-hole, and maybe why it is acting normal while the others on the surface may be showing the ground movement? Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I dont' know if that's good or bad. LOL....more coming your way. LOL not big

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks

You always beat the webicorder. You're real-time information.

Yes, GEE is faster by several minutes than the webicorders.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Yup...I have noticed some odd stuff. Take the last quake for instance. Suan felt it, it recorded on Iris, but hardly shows on the stations nearest to it on GEE...othern a sharp, rolling line. Wierd. This is why I am wondering if perhaps it is getting nearer the surface. Is that IRIS station a Bore-hole, and maybe why it is acting normal while the others on the surface may be showing the ground movement? Just a thought.

No, sorry. That's the Transportable Array network, all above ground, not borehole.

www.usarray.org...

top topics

<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join