It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 132
<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

As far as I know, the gas / oil companies are not being allowed to drill new wells and the road traffic has decreased in Northern Faulkner County, Arkansas. I think they ruled-out drilling is not related but they didn't rule-out disposal of waste in wells as a factor.

It's hard to find good reliable information while the ground shakes and shakes; politicians keep their mouths shut and the media keeps us trained on the latest Charlie Sheen or Lohan debaucheries. Isn't there more better news out there than of some whacked-out celebrity?

It amazes me how our media is failing. Oh, well that's what happens when you repeal the Fairness Doctrine and allow outsiders to buy all of the media companies...we get no news which is relevant or salient.

Then the USGS is under-fire for supposedly "censoring" quake data. I've been looking for the Wooly Hollow Seismograph and it's nowhere to be found...anyone have a link?

It seems as if they organize data so we would have to hunt all over the known universe for pieces we need as if to make it so hard or difficult that most would give-up being unskilled at internet searching. Amazing. One day we will wake-up from this "dream" and know the truth in things which the governments keep trying to hide from us. Is this how they think they will maintain control and power, by censoring or corrupting data and information? It's time we elected some real people who have common sense and good intelligence to not follow false sociological perspectives and ideologies which have ruined alot of what this country is supposed to have been.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

There is also the new ones that they put in last week that they don't have available to the public yet too.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

So those of you nearby... have you noticed increased road traffic heading to and from the direction of wells in your areas?

I haven't been anywhere yet today
but in the past several days, I haven't noticed any of the big blue box "frack" water trucks on the main highway (65) and when they getting ready for fracking, you'll see LOTS of those box tankers. I'm honestly not sure if they use the same type tanker to haul the waste frack water destined for the the injection wells nor have I actually seen the injection wells.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I am one that has complained about them not posting data.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Has anyone heard where the emergency meeting was going to be held at. I'd like to go and be outside at least as I'm sure they won't let anyone in.

I'm pretty sure it will be at the Arkansas Game & Fish bldg, LR.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Wierd shaking and jiggling going on. Something's gonna pop.

at 3:11pm on Mar. 3, 2011

perhaps 3:33pm

This is getting intense here. The last few days especially. And no, it's not my washing machine shaking the entire state. LOL.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I've been looking for the Wooly Hollow Seismograph and it's nowhere to be found...anyone have a link?

here you go -- use ozark folk center or wooly hollow
www.geology.arkansas.gov...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KathyG427

I am 10 miles from you Cathy...on hwy 225 at Centerville. I am sitting on a fault (in my yard) and I feel every jiggle and shake you guys do. It's like the fault and this "crack" I am sitting on as a tuning fork.

Wish some people can come put a siesmograph on my land so we can have more accurate readings. I'll sign an easement and even hook it upto the internet...know anyone who can donate the equipment?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
So I noticed some stronger 'waves' showing on GEE. Got a screen image. Is this what some of you were refering to earlier? I know this what is accepted background noise at any given time, but this does seem pronounced to me:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

No that wasn't it. It was different.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
So did it look like the top two on this image?

I posted this some time back, because although you often see something similar to this with types of interference...it seems to happen before quakes on this station

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Can you go back and pull up between 12:15 and 12:25 or so?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This map jas a lot of good data and more that can be found elsewhere onhat site.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
I posted this some time back, because although you often see something similar to this with types of interference...it seems to happen before quakes on this station

I shortened down the quote to save space in this big thread.

Just a thought, Westcoast: if it seems that those traces appear before quakes, could it be that while they look like interference, that actually they're not? I mean, not "typical" interference, but something different?

Any ideas?

Mike

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Read the post again and yes it was more along those lines, need to read and not scan. LOL!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

This may guide you in the direction you want to go. It is something already used and accepted by some researchers in other parts of the world. It also shows that ideas for science don't have to come from "real" scientists. Some people may be close enough to the events to detect smaller events.

Perhaps you can create your own local network of motion detectors.

The following information is from publicly available sources.

Hope it helps put the hunt on the right track.

Cooperative Seismographic Network

SeisMac

NPR - Your Laptop Could Detect the next Earthquake

edit on 3-3-2011 by Arluk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Yes, that is what I am thinking. That perhaps with the station that is nearest to the quakes, especially if they are shallow, are experiencing some more ground movement or something.

I am trying to pull that time up off GEE...but I have never done it before, so bear with me.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Small one but things in my kitchen are popping

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Susan, please forgive me but I'm puzzled by your response. Westcoast's post contained three lines of text and a screenshot. I didn't need to quote the first line of text or reproduce the screenshot so I left them out when quoting from her post.

I assure you that I read her post, just as I have read all of yours and the others who've posted. I cannot even begin to imagine what it's like for you and yours to be in the middle of all that's going on, but as I'm across the pond and can't help much materially, all I was trying to do in my query to Westcoast was look at the traces from a slightly different perspective and ask her opinion, as it could be another clue to working out what's going on.

Anyway perhaps I've been on here too long today and I've misunderstood what you wrote to me. That's entirely possible. It's coming up towards 11 pm now and I logged in about 14 hours ago I guess.

I offer you my heartfelt wish that you'll have a peaceful day and hopefully a chance to get some rest, because by the Lord I'm sure you all need it.

Bless you and thank you for being patient at a time when your patience is being sorely strained, and I'm sorry if I mistook your meaning.

Best regards and goodnight from here,

Mike

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Wow Susan...you must be very close. That was a really small one. I wonder if they are getting shallower?

I have gone back over the X40A and all I can find is at 11:56 there were three small, quick quakes. Maybe it showed up different on one of the other stations?

top topics

<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join