It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20TH post first forum gonna keep it close to home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
im a long time lurker and i like to try to keep my opinion to myself (if im not drunk) so for my first thread im gonna ask for some detective work...

on oct 17 2010 a man by the name of micheal "eyedea" larson was found dead in his apt. he was a young VERY influential artist who mainly existed in the hip hop culture. he was against being commercial and is widely know as a genuis and an amazing innovator and inspiration to millions of people while never succumbing to the evils of mainstream society....annnnyways after weeks of silence after his unexpected death the report was he died from an opiate toxicity in his blood...it seemed to me that he just mixed medications or something since it was known that he was depressed (as most artists are lol) but in his last freestyle album that was just released (after his passing) on the last track he ends the song with the words..."and if im dead i probably was killed then"...knowing how much of a poet he was and how smart he is ( and how crazy ATS has made me) i cant help but think that there might be something going on here...yes i am drunk...and i could probably give you more information but he was never known for doing drugs or anything...he was a vessel of light..."the truth resonates" or so ive heard...i dont think he was dumb enough to accidently kill himself by mixing medications....

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ginchmaster

That is so sad and to here those last words, perhaps some one does know something - I hope your search for knowledge on this is successful.

There are so many secrets in this world!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
i brought it up on his facebook page and my posts all got deleted
and they blocked me from "like"-ing it
edit on 13-2-2011 by ginchmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
'They' typically only kill entertainers who are mainstream and do not obey their commands. I would venture to guess most people have never heard of this person, myself included. That's not to say he had no talent - I wouldn't know. But the point is, if most people know nothing of him, if his work was truly "fringe" in their eyes, they would only bother if he was making an impact by spreading the truth to a wide audience.

Sometimes some people die from drug overdoses and it is entirely their doing. Maybe he was intelligent - again, I wouldn't know. But he would not be the first intelligent person to kill themselves. That's not to say he did it intentionally either. Accidents do happen.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN
'They' typically only kill entertainers who are mainstream and do not obey their commands. I would venture to guess most people have never heard of this person, myself included. That's not to say he had no talent - I wouldn't know. But the point is, if most people know nothing of him, if his work was truly "fringe" in their eyes, they would only bother if he was making an impact by spreading the truth to a wide audience.

Sometimes some people die from drug overdoses and it is entirely their doing. Maybe he was intelligent - again, I wouldn't know. But he would not be the first intelligent person to kill themselves. That's not to say he did it intentionally either. Accidents do happen.

his mc name is eyedea listen to his music to understand who he was the song "smile" is a good example he didnt do drugs but i do understand how "# happens"...but IMO he was too smart to make a mistake like that

and yes he was well known in the indie music scene

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ginchmaster

I don't doubt he was. I'm simply saying he was not known by the majority of people. Therefore, he was not making some large impact. If he were on the level of Michael Jackson or Tupac then there may be a bit more to it. But that simply wasn't the case.

And yes, I am implying something by naming those two.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I don't doubt he was. I'm simply saying he was not known by the majority of people. Therefore, he was not making some large impact. If he were on the level of Michael Jackson or Tupac then there may be a bit more to it. But that simply wasn't the case.

haha yeah eyedea was white...www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

haha yeah eyedea was white...www.youtube.com...

I wasn't saying anything about skin color. I mentioned them because of the suspicious nature surrounding their deaths and how well-known they were.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
oh yeah i get ya but i dont think it has anything to do with them...tupac was killed cus his producer got alot of money for it..michael...who knows...eyedea was pretty much at the pinnacle...its like he figured the world out...like he had no reason to be here anymore...like he was taken because he had finished...or whatever haha

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
heres a link to the freestyles in question the last track, track 4 at the end about 3;00micheallarsen.bandcamp.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

differnt generations...he was one of the true pioneers of the underground music scene..as big as tupac or mj was mainstream is how big he was underground...in the "indie" scene he pretty much defined artistic expression for the whole hip hop culture...the impact he had was immense...jus look him up and see his following...just because he wasnt mainstream dosnt mean he didnt have as much impact

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Welcome and thanks for a thought provoking first OP.
Although I too was not familiar with the artist, I enjoy the links you've posted of his work and at least his messages will live on in his music. However, I'm with Pertolcoin on this. (Starred every post) The opiate toxicity (if true) convinces me of his drug use and given he was depressed and people tend to hide their drug use (at least I did) I'm not seeing a sinister cause. Regarding his "prophetic" verse, it makes since given the context of his body of work and that particular track. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I was VERY upset when Kurt Cobain died too and I am an older fan but never bought into the conspiracies surrounding his death.

I am sorry for the grief you might be suffering but this artist left you with the eternal treasure of his work. Sad there will be no more but if as you say he inspired millions, perhaps his vision can live on.

Nice thread.

new topics

top topics

join