It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dir. of Nat. Intel lies to Congress or adopts politically correct stance on Muslim Brotherhood

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Why on Earth would James Clapper, the Director of National Intelligence, tell the United States Congress that the Muslim Brotherhood is a non-secular, pacifist organization?

The director of the United States' intelligence operations would be well-prepared to advise us of the political and social implications of the Egyptian unrest, and so we would expect a frank appraisal of the influence of the major coalition, the "Muslim Brotherhood."

What Congress received, and the MSM echoed, was the DNI's "assessment" that the Muslim Brotherhood was "non-secular" and "peaceful."

This flies in the face of the Muslim Brotherhood's avowed Islamic religious direction and its support of the murderous Hamas and Iranian regimes that espouse the annihilation of infidels.

Clapper is either a bald-faced liar or has adopted a politically-correct (and equally untrue) position of appeasement of the most-likely ascendant political-religious organization in the region.

James Clapper, the head of intelligence for the United States of America, has explained to Congress that the Muslim Brotherhood is “largely secular.” It further has “eschewed violence,” decries al-Qaeda as a “perversion of Islam,” and really just wants “social ends” and “a betterment of the political order in Egypt.”
This is the Muslim Brotherhood whose motto brays that the Koran is its law and jihad is its way. The MB whose Palestinian branch, the terrorist organization Hamas, was created for the specific purpose of destroying Israel — the goal its charter says is a religious obligation. It is the organization dedicated to the establishment of Islamicized societies and, ultimately, a global caliphate. It is an organization whose leadership says al-Qaeda’s emir, Osama bin Laden, is an honorable jihad warrior who was “close to Allah on high” in “resisting the occupation.”
www.nationalreview.com...

After 18 days of indecision and lack of commitment, have we now accepted the influence of radical Muslims as "the Law of the Land" in the Middle East?
edit on 11-2-2011 by jdub297 because: add to hdln

edit on 12-2-2011 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Remember the tv interview where he was asked about the terrorist arrests in London that day,he didn't even know about it so there is a third option hes an incompetant.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

Willfully ignorant is an equally valid conclusion. It would seem that there is an unspoken reticence to voice certain opinions or even comment on facts, here.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I think a thread was already posted about the same subject.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-2-2011 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

To influence Mass Media to accept change in the Middle East. So the Brotherhood could gain power.

Then Nuclear Catastrophe in the U.S. will "force our hand" into the whole situation; assaulting from Babylon.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

I think a thread was already posted about the same subject.

Not really.

Obama's "correction" fails to address the underlying inability to assess facts on their face.

It belies the administration's refusal to accept and address the fact that an Islamic religious movement influences a large part of the politics the U. S. must cope with or concede to in its larger political aims.

This administration is more and more obviously conceding to an Islamic view of the world, and of our acquiescent role in it.

edit on 11-2-2011 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Actually, the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood HAS renounced violence. Decades ago, in fact.

And it has nothing to do with Hamas, good lord. It used to have ties to the PLO due to the PLO's stance as a pan-arabist organization, but severed those ties after the PLO started decaying. Hamas was originally founded and funded to be a religious rival to the influence of the Egyptian MB and PLO. Ironically, all the funding for Hamas in those early days came from Israel, since they were the ones trying to undermine the PLO. Obviously that decision bit them in the ass.

Go to a library. You'll find more there than a rag like the "National Review" will ever be able to tell you

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Hello,

I am new to ATS.
Gosh this is a big topic. I will tabble just a tid, in a somewhat eccentric style.
I think I could help you understand why. One reason I think I might have an insight as to why this might be occurring is seemingly simple and odd, it is that I have been intimate with and I have researched a socalledPolicyAdvisor&LegislativeCouncil sort of figure and hisfather a 'so-calledleadingscholaronIslam" sort of figure. That specified information aside, this vacuum of power theory based paradigm you are analyzing things from within' is, let's say, not very "and so it goes" [inside joke for Vonnegut fans] nevertheless, it's useful.

I venture to say that the grand topic of this thread is

WHAT POWER IS TO BE GAINED THROUGH BEING BOTH THE MARTYR [ OF ALL FAITHS ] AND THE MURDERER [OF INNOCENTS] ?

It belies the administration's refusal to accept and address the fact that an Islamic religious movement influences a large part of the politics the U. S. must cope with or concede to in its larger political aims.
What you say here "Dub" is, a twist on the situation, but neverthless is the situation twisted. The religious facets are constantly coming together and breaking apart as part of the larger chess scheme to infiltrate the way of life- the economy and culture- and replicate feudalist/serfdom based society because it tailors to 'their' standards of leisure/life and general upkeep of the levels of power. If you look back through the history of "US Foreign Policy" you will notice a pattern that seems to be about religion, but it is really more about the maintenance of the blueprint for conquering.
My suggestion: follow the banks, follow the large corporations, don't follow the speeches of the Dir. of Nat. Intel. or ...I guess...do what you are doing....continue to question the legitimacy of the messages (they are, in my opinion, coming from unreliable mediums....thinktanks with banks).

edit on 12-2-2011 by K8sarvesbarkooh because: grammatical

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by jdub297

Actually, the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood HAS renounced violence. Decades ago, in fact.

As with any political organization, stating a "principle," and adhering to a tenet are two different matters.

Much as I hate to cite Wikipedia as a "source," the history continues:

... [S]tarting in 1936, it began to oppose British rule in Egypt. Many Egyptian nationalists accuse the Brotherhood of violent killings during this period. ...
"General Strategic Goal for the Group in North America" makes the objectives of the MB clear: "The process of settlement is a 'Civilization-Jihadist Process' with all the word means. The Ikhwan must understand that their work in America is a kind of grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and "sabotaging" its miserable house by their hands and the hands of the believers so that it is eliminated and God's religion is made victorious over all other religions."

en.wikipedia.org...

And it has nothing to do with Hamas, good lord.

Hamas grew out of the Muslim Brotherhood, a religious and political organization founded in Egypt with branches throughout the Arab world.

www.cfr.org...

Sorry if your beliefs differ from fact. Maybe you could seek employment at the State Dept. or the "Intelligence" community?

Go to a library. You'll find more there than a rag like the "National Review" will ever be able to tell you

I have. You're wrong.

deny ignorance.
jw

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ProphetEzekiel

ProphetEzekiel can you please/care to elaborate??????????

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

"Shoot the messenger" is the weakest rejoinder, ever. Facts speak for themselves.

Want more?

The Brotherhood has not only described itself as an Islamist group, committed to implementing Sharia law, it spawned Egyptian Islamic Jihad -- which offed Anwar Sadat in 1981 and later joined forces with al Qaeda. Another Brotherhood offshoot is Hamas, the terrorist group that holds Gaza in its bloody grip. It's no fan of the Camp David peace accords with Israel, either.

www.nypost.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

This is the same freak of nature that has targeted all Americans for sexual molestion at the airports and soon, malls, arenas, train stations, etc. He's the one who claimed all Americans are potential domestic terrorists and now he says Muslims who created all the jihad recruiting and terror organizatins he is supposedly fighting to "keep us safe" are great and harmless "secular" friends of the US.

We are in it deep. Please Americans, wake up before the radical Left totally enslaves this country to a New World Order of massive control, oppression and poverty.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

The Muslim Brotherhood is not a terrorist organization .. they are a Islamic Conservative movement. They've never been implicated in any religious attack, political attack or what have you.. they only get a bad name because they were suppressed under Mubarak

Who the United States placed in power....
By assassinating his predecessor..

So that would make Mubarak and the US the terrorist.. not the MB.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

CFR report on your MB Source

One reason the Brotherhood’s commitment to nonviolence is unclear: The original Egyptian organization has spawned branches in 70 countries. These organizations bear the Brotherhood name, but their connections to the founding group vary and some of them may provide financial, logistical, or other support to terrorist organizations. Some terrorist groups—including Hamas, Jamaat al-Islamiyya, and al-Qaeda—have historic and ideological affiliations with the Egyptian Brotherhood. In addition, some of the world’s most dangerous terrorists were once Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood members, including Osama bin Laden’s top deputy Ayman al-Zawahiri. The organization is like “stepping stone,” says Evan Kohlmann, an international terrorism consultant. “[For] someone who is interested in dedicating their lives to a radical Islamist cause, it can be a pathway up…to a more serious dealing with Islam.”

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

Ahhhhh I see! .. So because the group donates to other Islamic causes like Hammas etc that the West doesn't "agree" with, whether because of violence or political stance, they must be a stepping stone into terrorism.

I like that logic.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Ahhhhh I see! .. So because the group donates to other Islamic causes like Hammas etc that the West doesn't "agree" with, whether because of violence or political stance, they must be a stepping stone into terrorism.

I like that logic.

As the old saying goes……

You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make them drink.

Once something becomes so patently obvious, then trying to explain it any more is just wasting your own time, because they just can’t come to grips with the realities of the world around them..

On that note…….. I have better stuff to do, like do an inventory of my candle stockpile while listening to heavy metal music……. Good day…….

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

I honestly do not know how to respond to to his reasoning.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
this is a continuing of the carter bunch pulling the sha out of iran....then the evil buzzards take over...when they take over egypt, let's watch that happen...then the brotherhood says on national tv we will not change any treaty in place with other nations, but they will say Israel is not a nation ...they stole the land...and will not recognize Israel.
the evil boys in the U. S. are out to do Israel in. i know Israel is acting badly...but not the real peolpe of Israel...just the nasty ones running the show there. this has become the lie these days, that Israel stole the land, not so. the land was a shamble before they grew the trees and crops, just like spoken in the scriptures long ago...the land waited for them.it's no coincidence thet biblical prophecy is hitting 100% so far...some say otherwise. they are victims, refuse to be a victim
this brotherhood is happening on purpose for prophecy.if egypt was really going to change leaders, it was the brotherhood coming their way....now watch that happen.
for the followers of Yahushua...we are real close to having the wedding dinner party, don't be late
edit on 16-2-2011 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I am not looking for a response.

I was just pointing out that when a person (the one I quoted) can lay out the exact reason why something is a valid argument (all be it in a mocking tone), and still doesn’t grasp it, then there is no help for them. I have better things to do with my time.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Now, even our only remaining Middle Eastern ostensible allies have openly called the sanity of Obama's incompetence into question:

US clueless about Egypt?

Senate hearing turns into farce as American ignorance on Egypt situation revealed; specific agenda of Muslim Brotherhood unclear, top official says, has trouble responding to question on group’s attitude to peace with Israel

www.ynetnews.com...

Here's our primary "authority" on foreign intelligence, looking like a blithering idiot or a bald-faced liar:

WASHINTON – A senate hearing Wednesday revealed that top US intelligence agencies are largely ignorant about the current situation in Egypt and unfamiliar with the agenda of the country’s radical Islamists.

"It's hard to at this point to point to a specific agenda of the Muslim Brotherhood as a group," National Intelligence Director James Clapper told senators. When asked about the group’s attitude to Egypt’s peace treaty with Israel, he said this was a difficult question before assessing “they are not in favor of the treaty.”

Arms smuggling? Not sure

Asked about the Muslim Brotherhood’s position on weapons smuggling to Hamas in Gaza, Clapper said he was unaware of the group’s declared stance on the issue. He said that a wait-and-see attitude was also required before determining the Muslim Brotherhood’s position on Iran.

If this is not the most incompetent foreign policy team since Carter's was oblivious to the Iranian Revolution, then nothing is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join