It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'War criminal!': Ron Paul backers crash Cheney-Rumsfeld reunion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

'War criminal!': Ron Paul backers crash Cheney-Rumsfeld reunion

www.rawstory.com

Cheney had appeared on the first day of the 2011 Conservative Political Action Conference to introduce Donald Rumsfeld, the former Bush-era defense secretary who was scheduled to receive this year's "Defender of the Constitution Award."

That didn't sit well with "Team Paul," supporters of Rep. Ron Paul who have long called for an end to the US's foreign wars.

"Where's bin Laden?" one heckler shouted as Cheney stood at the podium to introduce Rumsfeld.

"War criminal!" another shouted out, prompting a heated reaction from the crowd.

(visit the link for the full news article)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Haha....So much for the great big circle-jerk of war criminals going off without a hitch at Donald Rumsfelds ever-ironic "Defender of the constitution Award" ceremony...

I bet they weren't expecting this outburst, especially at such a gathering of neoconian worshippers.

I have a feeling we may be seeing a LOT more of this though, and likely MUCH worse, especially if these criminals try traveling abroad...

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
That is so great. I saw the headline on CNN. I wish I could have been there. This is why Ron paul is so key he can carry some of the progressive people with him.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The place must've been filled with neo con croanies. People who gained well during Bush. All their connections.

edit on 10-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Yes I meant drug connections. Why hasn'T Poppy kicked it yet?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
I have a feeling we may be seeing a LOT more of this though, and likely MUCH worse, especially if these criminals try traveling abroad...

Sweet!! I love it when people want to hold others accountible for their actions outside of a courtroom, being their own judge jury and heckler, while breaking the law themselves..

Awesome!!

/end sarcasm

Whats the point of going after a person on the belief they broke the law, only to ignore the very laws themselves they claim to hold dear?

Dont look now but when the supporters point their fingers at cheney, they need to realize that there are 3 fingers pointing directly back at them.
edit on 10-2-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
That's gotta be the scariest video I've ever seen. True American version of 1984. The guy has the balls to come out to Tina Turner (correct?). The people cheer like he is a god or Stalin and then, like a pimp to a submissive whore, Cheney tells them to sit down and shut up. Propaganda and brainwashing at its best.

Hooray for the Ron Paul supporters but as the audience declared, you have to get Reason and clarity out of America.

+34 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Wha the HELL are you wittering on about? You realize that freedom of speech isn't (yet) against the law, right? Bush and his accomplices didn't quite have time to erase all such freedoms.

So how do you reckon that telling the truth and exercising your freedom of speech is against the law?

It's perfectly legal to shout war criminal, just as it's legal for that roomful of butt kissing amoral morons to whoop and cheer when a mass murdering lying psycho walks into the room.

And even if somehow speaking ones mind was illegal, you would pretend to equate that with the monstrousus lethal crimes of Cheney and the rest of Bush's regime?

Absurd.
edit on 10-2-2011 by Malcram because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
can anybody watch "darth cheney"in that video and not expect to hear the words"
"I asked For sharks with FRICKIN' LASER BEAMS ON THEIR HEADS!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Applause for a war criminal?
These people need their heads examined. Thumbs up for the guy that yelled out "war criminal" in a den of wolves.
Cheney and Rumsfeld should be ashamed to show their face in public.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
While I applaud their "walk-out", I can't help but believe it was all showmanship for the media to feed to their sheep. Honestly, if the RP supporters were in such a twist over Rumsfeld, then why show up at all? Better yet, why not stand outside and protest. Alas, it was all for show. The sentiment may have been there, but it totally lacked substance. They earn no respect from me.

My 2-cents
edit on 10-2-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Wow had no idea that people actually liked them. I'm in shock.

This world is a crazy place. "Simply the best" for Cheney's entrance?

Jeez I dont know. Makes me want to get out of this country seeing that.

How can people back such evil men?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Since we are talking about people standing up to the three war-stooges, I thought this video was fitting for the topic at hand. Code pink attacks Donald Rumsfeld declaring he is a war criminal.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

If it can be shown at CPAC that not all Republicans or conservatives go along with the whole cheny-Rumsfield way of doing things is that not good?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Wow had no idea that people actually liked them. I'm in shock.

This world is a crazy place. "Simply the best" for Cheney's entrance?

Jeez I dont know. Makes me want to get out of this country seeing that.

How can people back such evil men?

Worry not, every person in this country that loves Cheney or Rumsfeld were present at that celebration...even then, someone changed their mind midstream and came to the realization...WAR CRIMINAL.

See folks, one can overcome years of brainwashing.

edit on 10-2-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

look at this BS

This loser with the Robert Redford wannabee haircut talks a bunch of BS!!!!!!!!!

Why is he even at CPAC for?
Why do people care what this idiot has to say?

Obviously scripted!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

And if they protested outside would they not have gotten the rap that they are just liberal lefty people protesting??

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

YES! that was awesome. Wonder what goes through his wife's head. lol

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher

And if they protested outside would they not have gotten the rap that they are just liberal lefty people protesting??

Only from the right. The left would applaud them for exercising their First Amendment right.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

You know, it bothered her. You could tell. Both of them looked upset, they just quickly fixed their faces into those phony grins and went on. But you can definitely see that they are bothered by the women screaming about them.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Wow donald trump, that was pretty low.

Ron paul was pretty popular last election, but he's 10,000 times more popular these days. He would definitely make huge waves.

Did they have a poll today at CPAC? ron paul usually comes in 1st or 2nd.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join