It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My daughter says she saw Bigfoot

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Ok, first of all, I don't know if this kid is telling the truth, and I was hesitant to even post it, but I'm going to because I have a question, based on something she told me. I have no proof. I only have her word, and I'm not even claiming that I believe her myself. My daughter is 12. I don't know why she would lie about it, but still...

Anyway, today, I had just taken the dog to the vet and was on my way back, when we passed a cliff and my daughter told me that a few months ago, she saw something on top of that cliff. Here's how the conversation went:

Daughter: I remember one day, I saw a big, black animal up there that was pulling up trees.

Me: Huh???

Daughter: Yeah, it was jet black and it was pulling up trees and throwing them down.

Me: What did it look like?

Daughter: It was black and it was really really tall...

Me: Did it have fur? Was it a person?

Daughter: Yeah, it had black fur so it couldn't have been a person.

Me: HOW could you see something like this and not tell me???

Daughter: I don't know.

Me: Sooo, did it look like a person?

Daughter: It looked kind of like a big monkey only it was really really tall.

Me: HOW could you see something like this and forget to to tell me???

Me: Who were you with when you saw it?

Daughter: I was on the school bus.

Me: Did anybody else see it?

Me: How big were the trees it was pulling up?

Daughter: Kind of like those (and she points to trees on the side of the road that I guesstimate to be about 5-6 inches in diameter.

Me: So when was this exactly?

Daughter: I don' t know. A couple months ago.

Me: Was it summer? Fall?

Daughter: It was winter.

Me: Did it look like Bigfoot?

Daughter: Yeah, kinda.

Me: HOW could you fricken see Bigfoot and not TELL ME???

So, that's the story. You can believe it or not. I haven't decided if I do or don't.

But, my question is, of all the things that are supposedly "known" about Bigfoot, is pulling up trees from the ground one of the things Bigfoot does??? I know they are said to possibly build nests, but I can't say I've ever heard of them pulling up trees.

It would be extremely odd for my daughter to just make up a story like this, but I'm not saying that she didn't. I would like to believe her... after all, she is my kid and I DO believe in Bigfoot, but... well... I just don't know. I don't know what to think.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
i would believe her ,kids never lie ,right.As a test of her honesty may i suggest asking her if she is willing to be left at the alleged bigfoot sighting area as bait for the creature, ala King Kong scenario.If she refuses then that be the truth ,good sir.
edit on 10-2-2011 by 12voltz because: of the stuff of nightmares

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
So I did a quick search about bigfoots (uh, bigfeet???) pulling up trees. Seems that at least one other person saw evidence of what could have been bigfoot pulling up trees. This may actually lend credence to your daughters story unless one of her hobbies is researching bigfoot

Texas Bigfoot Research Conservatory

Witness Observation We were pulling a well in a remote wooded area. Being the only female on the crew I had to find a tree to use the bathroom so I did. About 30 min. later we all smelled a horrible smell. We knew it wasn't quite right, it scared some of them so we left the site. When we returned the next day we noticed where I had went to the tree. It was torn up. I mean the whole little area looked like something tried to take it out.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Kids lie and make [snip] up all the time. Just sayin.
Fun story, though.
edit on 10-2-2011 by elevatedone because: No profanity or circumvention of sensors

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

i gave you a star cause i really want to believe and its almost a conversation that could be forgotten after awhile. just wanted to ask what kind of bus route goes through or is near forested area? i would think a general forest area is abit away from housing development and schools. could you elaborate abit more about how close to suburbs or towns the woods are? an argument could be made that deforestation of some areas could cause wildlife to show up on unexpected areas. have you done any more investigation into this, like taking your daughter to the vicinity and search abit? stories like this always make me think that people do see weird or strange events but are unable to express it due to fear, embarrassment, or any other reason. thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Hehe. I seem to recall my stupid brother doing that, on the roof too, years ago and scared the hell outta people driving by. I was watching out the window, thought it was hilarious. I do however believe gemineye's kid. Kids normally don't do that. Maybe she did see something and was afraid to say it, happens alot, in alot of situations, she's a kid.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I did not not see the claimed "Bigfoot" pull up any trees in the Video. Therefore false.
And a suicide Bigfoot?.. A wuss Bigfoot to boot.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Do kids lie?

Here's one very credible perspective.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I say give her the benefit of the doubt , especially since she isn't prone to lying . If she feels you suspect her of lying , this would only disuade her from telling you stuff in the future .

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Maybe go back to the area she told you of and investigate for signs of what she saw , like damage to trees and the ground from uprooting .

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I had to find a tree to use the bathroom so I did. About 30 min. later we all smelled a horrible smell.

Sorry , it had to be done , couldn't help myself .

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
You do know there are many reports of a Kentucky Bigfoot?

www.kentuckybigfoot.com...

www.kentuckybigfoot.com...

Have your daughter submit her sighting!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

i would believe her ,kids never lie ,right.As a test of her honesty may i suggest asking her if she is willing to be left at the alleged bigfoot sighting area as bait for the creature, ala King Kong scenario.If she refuses then that be the truth ,good sir.

LOL! She has been known to lie about homework before, although it's been a while, but I've never known her to just make up stories. Not saying that she wouldn't though.

It's a difficult situation for me because I've always been one of those people on here that absolutely HATE it when someone says "pics or it didn't happen." I have a very open mind. But now my daughter is telling me she thinks she saw Bigfoot, but forgot to tell me. Hmmm.

One thing that she has going for her is that she didn't just come right out at first and say "Hey mom, I think I saw Bigfoot!" She described what she saw first, like she was kind of confused as to what she saw and then at the end of the conversation, she said it looked like Bigfoot. The way she described it, I almost wondered if it was something that she saw when she was quite a bit younger, but she said it was only a couple of months ago. I'm going to keep questioning her and see if the story changes.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

So I did a quick search about bigfoots (uh, bigfeet???) pulling up trees. Seems that at least one other person saw evidence of what could have been bigfoot pulling up trees. This may actually lend credence to your daughters story unless one of her hobbies is researching bigfoot
reply to post by nunya13

The "bigfeet" thing cracked me up because I was thinking the same thing when I was writing, lol.

Thanks for looking that up! I've watched a gazillion Bigfoot shows (on Netflix, on my own, my daughter didn't watch, just to throw that in there, lol) and I had never seen anything about them pulling up trees. I have seen a bear tear the crap out of an old tree with its claws before, but the way she describes this thing, it was far too large to be a bear... they're very rare around here anyway. Although probably not quite as rare as Bigfoot, lol. But she said this thing was literally grabbing trees up and pulling them out of the ground.

I don't think she has ever done her own research on Bigfoot. She has never seemed interested. She does have her own computer, but her use is monitored and I've never seen anything other than her email, a few kids' gaming sites, Civil War reenacting stuff, and things like that.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Yep, I'll agree with that. Like I said in a previous post, it would be odd for her to just make up a whole story like that, but that doesn't mean she didn't. She seemed fairly confused as to what she had seen, but I don't know how someone could just forget something like that until a few months later! So, I don't know. I'm going to keep asking her about it.
edit on 2/10/2011 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

just wanted to ask what kind of bus route goes through or is near forested area? i would think a general forest area is abit away from housing development and schools. could you elaborate abit more about how close to suburbs or towns the woods are? an argument could be made that deforestation of some areas could cause wildlife to show up on unexpected areas. have you done any more investigation into this, like taking your daughter to the vicinity and search abit?
reply to post by Lawgiver

The odd thing about the location is that it is VERY near a Rite-Aid store! It's kind of hard to describe, but I'll try my best. I can probably even find it on Google Earth. I'll try that and I'll even take a pic of the area the next time I'm out.

The town itself is pretty small. The Rite-Aid store sits below the cliff where she says she saw the whatever-it-was, lol. There's a busy road (busy for this area... it's a rural area, so busy here wouldn't be busy at all in other places) that runs in front of the Rite-Aid store and there's an intersection there. She says that she saw this thing while the bus was stopped at the light at the intersection, which would be a good place to see it from. The cliff is so much higher above the Rite-Aid store, that even parked in the parking lot, it would be hard to see from there. When she first started telling me the story, I was thinking that she had seen it from the parking lot, because there have been a couple times that I've been in the store and she stayed in the car with her older brother, but that's when she told me she was on the bus. Off to Google Earth...

Ok, here we go. These will probably be rather large, so to view the whole pic, you may have right-click on it and click "view photo in new tab" or something like that depending on which browser you're using.

Close-up of area:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c0bcedf642f.jpg[/atsimg]

Larger view of area:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e4d0d9e901de.jpg[/atsimg]

I'll take pics of the place, next time I'm out, to get a better view. The tree-line there in the circled area is up on a cliff where the road was cut out, quite a few years back.

There has been a lot of construction in the area since at least the beginning of last year. There's a new road going through a few miles away, so displacement is a possibility.

The area has changed a little since the images in Google Earth were taken. The large, vacant lot next to Rite-Aid has grown up a bit now. The bare area is green again.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Hehe. I seem to recall my stupid brother doing that, on the roof too, years ago and scared the hell outta people driving by. I was watching out the window, thought it was hilarious. I do however believe gemineye's kid. Kids normally don't do that. Maybe she did see something and was afraid to say it, happens alot, in alot of situations, she's a kid.
reply to post by irishiz

What did I miss out on? The post was deleted. I don't care if it was off topic, lol.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GrisGris

LMAO!!! Ok, I actually laughed out loud at that because it reminded me so much of my boyfriend's son! Facial expressions and all, HA HA!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Yep, I agree. I'm going to keep asking her about it to see if the story changes at all. I definitely didn't accuse her of lying and I want to believe her. Like I said once before, she usually only lies about her homework, lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join