It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks insider dishes dirt on Assange

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Link

Wow... this might get interesting...

"fighting" among old friends are always interesing... someone might just say something he'll later regret...

LETS LISTEN

Domscheit-Berg, along with others, left WikiLeaks in September complaining that Assange was being autocratic and that the organisation, ironically for a group on a crusade for openness, was becoming excessively secretive.

Do they have something to hide... why would they become secretive?

also...

"We will only return the material to Julian if and when he can prove that he can store the material securely and handle it carefully and responsibly."

Wonder what "material" they took from Julian??

edit on 10-2-2011 by Nightfury because: Added Link

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightfury

I have a strong feeling there are cables that will never reach the light of day, that are far to sensitive for even Julian Assange to want to touch..only time will tell.

edit on 10-2-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Wiki leaks is just another arm of the government propaganda branch. None of his cables expose any thing that wasn't already coming out. It was like an unofficial house cleaning. a way to also side track the public and keep real secrets under wraps. if he was the real deal he would have been dead already

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I suppose if you were being hunted ruthlessly by several governments and any number of private security firms you would become a little more "secretive" too. The problem with Assange is that he wasn't secretive enough, had he remained 'anonymous' he wouldn't be catching all the hell he is for releasing these files.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by markusjOHNSON
Wiki leaks is just another arm of the government propaganda branch. None of his cables expose any thing that wasn't already coming out. It was like an unofficial house cleaning. a way to also side track the public and keep real secrets under wraps. if he was the real deal he would have been dead already

exactly. This is just chum to lore out and profile all the "conspiracy theorists" and add them to a government watchlist. Then poison/poison their families/imprison/smear/torture/intimidate/sabotage their career later.
edit on 10-2-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
I suppose if you were being hunted ruthlessly by several governments and any number of private security firms you would become a little more "secretive" too. The problem with Assange is that he wasn't secretive enough, had he remained 'anonymous' he wouldn't be catching all the hell he is for releasing these files.

This is something I've been saying for months now and catching hell for around here. It seems like many on this site look at Assange like he is some sort of messiah and can do no wrong. I didnt really like him at first when I started seeing him on the news. Then I was back and forth and kind of felt for the man and his travails. Then I just flat out thought he was driven by ego, and that is where I am today.

Mr. Assange could have accomplished everything that he has done and more by remaining anonymous. But he wants people to know that he is there, doing what he does. He wouldnt be locked up and he would still be releasing his files. I truly believe that he thinks he is doing everything for the right reasons and I dont blame him for that, I just think he has a need to feed his ego a bit.

Dont even get me started on the content of his 'mind blowing' material....sheesh

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

I'd agree that ego motivated him at first, but I doubt he realized just how serious things would get. I'm all for the idea of "wikileaks", but Assange made a critical mistake when he stepped into the limelight.

People who send in information (whistleblowers) that prove scandalous conduct on behalf of our "leaders" do so in the hope that it will be publicized, not held back by one man to be used as a bargaining chip to ensure his freedom. I imagine they were expecting to see those in power held accountable for their actions, instead their leaks are being used in a game of cat-and-mouse between Assange and his persecutors.

To a degree John Young (Cryptome) made the same mistake, he himself got into trouble for leaking proprietary information and was sued for it (it was regarding some Microsoft product). This makes Cryptome a less than honest source of leaks, since you can't guarantee what sort of coercion is being placed on Cryptome to publicize the information they have.

Let's hope Wikileaks co-creators and now rivals "openleaks" have a better chance at being a truly anonymous source of leaks.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I've only just started looking into the Openleaks project. I agree with you that hopefully they will operate in a way that is more respsonsible to the whistleblowers, and not use the data as a baragaining chip. The last straw for me with Mr. Assange was when he threatened the editor of the paper with withholding any more leaks from them if they didnt follow his directive exactly. He let his so called power get the better of him and is suffering in public opinion because of it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Originally posted by markusjOHNSON

exactly. This is just chum to lore out and profile all the "conspiracy theorists" and add them to a government watchlist. Then poison/poison their families/imprison/smear/torture/intimidate/sabotage their career later.
edit on 10-2-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

True, imagine the info gathering they must have done with ppl searching his site. The stuff they can pull out your computer nowadays is insane.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I've only just started looking into the Openleaks project. I agree with you that hopefully they will operate in a way that is more respsonsible to the whistleblowers, and not use the data as a baragaining chip. The last straw for me with Mr. Assange was when he threatened the editor of the paper with withholding any more leaks from them if they didnt follow his directive exactly. He let his so called power get the better of him and is suffering in public opinion because of it.

when wikileaks blow up, i thought it was wonderfull, we need this to keep officials honest. but now i see its all a shame. openleaks is just phase 2, a replacement for assange wikki

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Assange is a stooge of the controllers...anybody who gets the media coverage that he does is certainly not what he seems...the msm is nothing but propaganda, but all of a sudden they deviate from this to cover this champion of the people? i dont think so...if Assange was the real deal, we would only hear about him on alternative news sites...its a distraction, and a good one, for as the people become more advanced, so must the propaganda methods used to control them advance at a similar pace...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightfury

Like sand through the hour glass....

These are the days of our lives....

This entire episode is turning into some type of after school special.. The only thing missing is screech as his sidekick and his own theme song...

top topics

join