It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriot Act Renewel - Where's the OUTRAGE?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The Patriot Act is a draconian piece of legislation that nullify's the constitution, WHY AREN'T YOU AMERICANS DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT'S RE-ENACTMENT

www.youtube.com.../search/1/4NSL4CAePWQ

geraldcelentechannel.blogspot.com...

It was even put together BEFORE 911, how is that possible if it has not been on their agenda for along time?
www.globalissues.org...

I'm not even an American and I don't live anywhere near America but this makes me really angry

It's an afront to all of of us, just another step towards fascism

Just Saw this - www.abovetopsecret.com...
At least you've got some politicians in there batting for you, Please get behind them and show your support.

edit on 8-2-2011 by Mythkiller because: Article Found

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Spent my daily allotment of outrage in another thread about this this morning. www.abovetopsecret.com...

But will try to show some enthusiasm here too.

edit on 2/8/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

Just a little update; It was just voted down in the house. I started a thread regarding the vote just a few minutes ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I just heard it failed the 1/3 vote.

I may be wrong but Im sure thats what I heard.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I have been upset. Outrage is hard to maintain. You get tired after 9-10 years. I think they count on that.

Two things. One, my government is a sham. We do not actually have a democracy. Its not any different than it is in Egypt. You probably dont really have a democracy either, as it is the trend to replace real democracy with something that looks like it, but isnt.

Secondly, my fellow Americans are only barely conscious. Most of them are so stressed, and so scared, they compulsively eat, screw, shop, and entertain themselves. Anything to avoid thinking about what a horrible mess the country, and the world is in.

Its going to take a little more pain before they wake up. I cant make that happen. All I can do is sit back and wait for more people to realize we have lost our government.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
been building since before he was elected and i was telling people he was born in kenya. (before he got elected) more when he lied about every promise he made. more when people still seem to worship him. more when he had giffords shot (just my opinion as i think it was is oaklahoma city) more when he started see something say something.

im running out of outrage, if that thing gets re-elected all hope is lost and i will be able to rage no more

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
the extension failed.

An effort to quietly pass an extension of key provisions in the Patriot Act under the same rules the House uses to name Post Offices failed in a Tuesday night vote.

The vote, which required two-thirds of the House, fell short 277-148. It needed 288 to pass.

The lower chamber tried to pass the extension by suspending the rules, which is typically used to pass non-controversial bills. A second attempt under different rules is expected before they expire on Feb. 28.

The provisions provide the federal government the power to conduct roving wiretaps, access public library check-out information, and the “lone wolf” provision that tracks citizens who may not be connected to larger terrorist groups.

The White House is pushing for an extension until 2013.

Read more: dailycaller.com...

dailycaller.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The outrage is RIGHT HERE.

Thanks for posting a reminder.

Keep us updated.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
"lone wolf" sounds like a pissed off american

at least they arent calling us "homegrowns anymore"
lone wolf sounds better

what of the lone wolf with the rest of the pack lying in wait?
edit on 8-2-2011 by GenerationXisMarching because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

We are doing something about it. But I wont be happy until this dung is flushed down the toilet entirely.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

I have been upset. Outrage is hard to maintain. You get tired after 9-10 years. I think they count on that.

Two things. One, my government is a sham. We do not actually have a democracy. Its not any different than it is in Egypt. You probably dont really have a democracy either, as it is the trend to replace real democracy with something that looks like it, but isnt.

Secondly, my fellow Americans are only barely conscious. Most of them are so stressed, and so scared, they compulsively eat, screw, shop, and entertain themselves. Anything to avoid thinking about what a horrible mess the country, and the world is in.

Its going to take a little more pain before they wake up. I cant make that happen. All I can do is sit back and wait for more people to realize we have lost our government.

a short trailer for Derek Jensens"endciv"he brings up a good point: fascist states still vote:

edit on 8-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Not surprising Obummer is pushing for it. Bill Clinton pushed for heavy encryption techniques to not be available to citizens. No matter what party, all the SOBs want to chip away at our rights.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

That one failed. Why accept 8 months when you can make it permanent or go to 2013?

I dont trust them. They are not working for me, and they dont want to let go of the power they grabbed.

We will see. I would LOVE to be wrong. A favorite tactic with these guys, taken from their corporate overlords, is to rename the same old crap and repackage it, and sell it all over again.

I suspect that is what will happen.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Exactly. We live in a corporatist society right now.

And I do fight back. By repeating the truth over and over and over and over...................hoping one day, people will see it, hear it. I know I am not alone in this, there are many others also repeating the truth, over and over. Someday we will hit critical mass. And the majority will turn. Hopefully, it wont be too late by then.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

As much as it is wrong, maybe shutting the internet down is exactly what we need. Man, just imagine how pissed off and ready to fight if people lost facebook, that would get the numbers needed to make change happen.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
There was no outrage in the United States when GWB passed this act, probably the most Unconstitutional bill in the history of the USA. There was no outrage each year when it was quietly renewed under GWB. The stupid Americans even reelected GWB in 2004 to thank him for "keeping them safe" and for removing more consitutionally guaranteed rights than any President in history.

There was no outrage BOTH times that Obama renewed the act.

There was outrage when people realized that this act gave the TSA the authority to conduct body scans at the airport, and lawsuits from the likes of Jesse Ventura. Outrage and lawsuits, over 8 years too late.

The sheeple of the USA follow the media line that they are being "kept safe from terrorism" so the Patriot Act MUST be good, right?

Yeah, right.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
NOW THAT THE DEMOCRATS ARE IN CHARGE-

What further needs to be said? Conservatives and Libertarians have ALWAYS been against the government encroaching on rights, the only reason that the Dems and the Progs were against it was to illicit a false outrage. The same as the wars, that was fabricated outrage as well.

I signed a couple of petitions and emailed every rep I have, including state and local reps. I asked the locals and the state reps to put pressure on the federal reps.

If you actually believe in freedom, Campaign 4 Liberty is looking for you to make a statement.

Keep up the good work OP.
edit on 8-2-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
What further needs to be said? Conservatives and Libertarians have ALWAYS been against the government encroaching on rights, the only reason that the Dems and the Progs were against it was to illicit a false outrage. The same as the wars, that was fabricated outrage as well.

===Raises hand=== Excuse me but I have something to say, in a word: wrong.

Taken from an extreme Right Wing news site expressing outrage that the Democrats were AGAINST the PA back in 2006. Geez Mr. Giant your command of historical fact continues to fall into question. :shk:

This year alone, the Democrats overwhelmingly voted five times to kill the Patriot Act. When that didn't work, they filibustered.

SOURCE NEWSMAX ARCHIVE

Why does the TPM seem to always hijack facts under the guise of being patriotic? YOU DO NOT SPEAK FOR ME! Democrats have consistently championed against encroachment of personal rights.

I'll await your drearily commonplace and often predictable reply. No shouting please.

edit on 8-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: removed Reid quote

edit on 8-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

RAISES HAND HIGHER!

Obama seeks Patriot Act extensions plus several ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS!

But HEY, let us not quibble over semantics-

NOW that the Democrats are in Power, "War is Good"!

edit to add-

edit on 8-2-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Kind of says it all when Americans are unable to organize a repeal of one of the most non-American laws ever passed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join