It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Shuts Down Power Plants Coast to Coast. Planned Crisis? March 15 2011 ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Okkayyy... now this is getting scary...

Watch the two videos I linked

Fury is building over rolling nationwide blackouts triggered by the Obama administration's deliberate agenda to block the construction of new coal-fired plants, as local energy companies struggle to meet Americans' power demands amidst some of the coldest weather seen in decades.

- As we reported yesterday, four hospitals in Texas reacted furiously after they were hit with planned outages despite being promised they would be spared even as power to Super Bowl venues remains uninterrupted.

- Thousands in New Mexico have been left without natural gas as Gov. Susana Martinez on Thursday declared a state of emergency. "Due to statewide natural gas shortages, I have ordered all government agencies that do not provide essential services to shut down and all nonessential employees to stay home" on Friday, Martinez said after meeting with public safety personnel in Albuquerque," reports the Associated Press.

- Borderland residents have been asked to limit their use of natural gas as the Texas Gas Service asks that larger commercial facilities voluntarily close their doors to save supplies.

- People in Tucson have been asked to limit their use of hot water and moderate their thermostat levels to save on energy. - Shortages of natural gas in San Diego County has forced utility companies to "cut or reduce the gas supplied to some of their largest commercial and industrial customers," reports North County Times. - In El Paso, "Hundreds of thousands of electricity customers continue to face periodic blackouts, and nearly 900 gas customers still have no heat," reports the El Paso Times, with El Paso Electric resorting to using generators in a struggle to meet demand while still having to implement forced outages.

Is this something else that relates to Patrioticspace's March 15, 2011 planned crisis date?

OLS - The Coming World Crisis- Planned or Unplanned -March 15

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Wouldn't say it's that scary. Power shortages happen. Happens here all the time. People get a little angry and frustrated but life goes on as planned.

Haven't read the whole thing on the crisis March 15 2011,though. I'll check into.

Don't get me wrong. Think it's pretty interesting. And who knows what tomorrow holds.
edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
You people who do not believe in global warming are snip- They should shut down all coal fired plants right now and strike any in the world that refuse to do so ; A FEW DEAD IN THE HOSPITAL[WHICH WOULDNT HAPPEN BECAUSE OF POWER FAILURE] is not any worse than the whole planet breaking up with volcanoes and earthquakes;
Havent you blind people seen the chem-spraying planes in the skies dimming for the last 15 years?? What the snip you think they are spraying ignorant people??

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 5/2/2011 by Sauron because: removed profanity and name calling

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'm not going to watch 15 minutes of propaganda.

Basically, power plants die out... The goal is to discourage cheap energy which equates to a dirty planet, there's nothing wrong with taxings these companies for the mess our kids will be left to clean up. And good if it discourages such plants from being built, we don't need more pollution, we need clean energy.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

Whoah, that's a bit harsh. I believe Global Warming is happening but I'm sure there better way than risking the lives of other people. It's easy for you to say but what if someone you loved was on life support? You'd be swallowing your words.
Those people didn't ask to martyrs. It's not their responsibility but the responsibility of the government and all these companies that's been exploiting earths natural resources to fix it.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hurray for Obama and his ideals.

Was anyone else not expecting crap like this?

This is what happens when the Govt is allowed to control our lives.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
If what Alex says is true, wow.. just wow. And it appears that it is. GE did indeed recieve a waiver that gives them a huge unfair trade advantage right after GE's president took a position in the white house. McDonalds did in fact recieve a waiver to exclude them from having to bear the cost of covering their employees, when Burger King, Wendy's, Taco Bell etc did not, also giving them a huge unfair advantage. What happened to monopoly laws? It feels like they are creating monopolies with all this. Seems like they want it so there can be only one source for energy, fast food, groceries, gas etc.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Yea I was going to link that.
The March 15th crisis date can actually be attributed to a Alex Jones listner who is no longer on Youtube.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Over the last several years there's been a strong movement opposing new coal-fired power plants by a number of ecological sustainability groups (see @5:50),

The motivations aren't nearly as nefarious as those suggested by Alex Jones. You might be interested in some of the research coming out from R&D facilities, which helps explain the impetus behind the movement:
  1. Energy predictions ‒ www.osti.gov...
  2. Earth's natural wealth: an audit ‒ www.science.org.au...
  3. World on the Edge: How to Prevent Environmental and Economic Collapse (free ebook) ‒ www.earth-policy.org...

edit on 5-2-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
i got hooked on c-span hearings months ago,,,, so one day i listened to a hearing on nuclear energy use

and i was shocked to find most of us are wrongly informed,,,, and we should be building tons of nuclear plants

they are clean,,,, and the fear of spent waist is becoming less an issue as we are finding many news uses for the spent waist

but because of gov't red tape and bearacracy?? no one is willing to spend or start one from fear,,, paperwork ,,, and red tape hurdles

10-15 years of bs, b4 even starting building,,, no company will take that risk

our gov't is preventing cheap, long term safe energy

go figure

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsawild1
You people who do not believe in global warming are snip- They should shut down all coal fired plants right now and strike any in the world that refuse to do so ; A FEW DEAD IN THE HOSPITAL[WHICH WOULDNT HAPPEN BECAUSE OF POWER FAILURE] is not any worse than the whole planet breaking up with volcanoes and earthquakes;
Havent you blind people seen the chem-spraying planes in the skies dimming for the last 15 years?? What the snip you think they are spraying ignorant people??

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 5/2/2011 by Sauron because: removed profanity and name calling

Wow, it's rare when a member presents such compelling proof. I have never been more certain of it, since reading your post. Can you support this with links pointing to studies of global warming?

In the off chance that you were joking or being ironic, forgive me. I just wish to get at your reasoning, as there has never been any proof of man made global warming, especially since the modern ice age began.

God bless!
edit on 6-2-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
There is only one way to see if this is happening for sure. If you have a compass, set it somewhere that it will be undisturbed, calibrate the dial to N and watch everyday for changes.

Don't know what else to do..tick tock.

new topics

top topics

join