It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 3.4 - Yellowstone National Park, WYOMING Feb 5th 2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I'm not a vulcanologist, but I just read from the USGS website that Yellowstone had a 3.4 earthquake this morning.
earthquake.usgs.gov...
It was 3.4 and a little over 7 miles deep. I'm sure that though's who are in the know will flame me for reporting this "little" event, but I thought that in conjunction of the Coronal hole that appeared in our sun,
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and this little shaker, it was note worthy. Here is a page from the USGS/Utah University that displays this information:
volcanoes.usgs.gov...
During the month of April 2010, 117 earthquakes were located in the Yellowstone region. The largest event was a magnitude 3.3 on April 3rd at 9:15 PM MDT, located about 7 miles east southeast of West Yellowstone, MT. This event was part of a swarm which lasted from April 1st to the 7th. The swarm contained 52 earthquakes, with magnitudes 0.4 to 3.3. This latest swarm is considered part of the intense January/February Madison Plateau 2010 earthquake swarm that contained more than 2,300 earthquakes. The largest events were a pair of earthquakes of magnitude 3.7 and 3.8 that occurred after 11 PM MST on January 20, 2010. Both events were felt throughout the park and in surrounding communities in Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho. Other smaller events were also reported as felt. January 28, 2010, has been a magnitude 3.8.
edit on 5-2-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
7 miles deep is not that deep... it's getting dangerously close to the 'danger zone'

Good to have a look out on this one.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Good catch and thanks for posting. I flagged this and will give you a start too. Yellowstone does scare me. It's good to keep eyes on it, yes.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I'm sure that though's(sic) who are in the know will flame me for reporting this "little" event, but I thought that in conjunction of the Coronal hole that appeared in our sun

OK that is the flaming you wanted.

Whilst personally I don't think that particular event has anything to do with the coronal hole I am not going to say that it is definitely not connected since there is a school of thought that believes there is a connection, and additionally there is another school of thought that is considering the possible electrical nature of earthquakes.

If earthquakes are in fact electrical then indeed it is possible that a coronal hole, or at least solar winds etc could have an effect on earthquakes.

Whilst I would not have made a thread about a quake this size, anything in the Park is of interest and should be watched.

edit on 5/2/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
if anything happens at the madrid fault line it may help trigger it, also we apparently may have another pole shift mid march time with something to do with comet eliene

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

thanks puterman

you beat me to this ,, no matter ill send an alert in a min.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel
reply to post by PuterMan

thanks puterman

you beat me to this ,, no matter ill send an alert in a min.

An Alert?
Do you really think that's necessary?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

There was a 2.7 at 3:49 this morning at a depth of 13 miles. Then exactly 10 minutes later, the 3.4 hit at a depth of 7 miles.

Yesterday at work I had the live Yellowstone cam pulled up which I do everyday mostly to watch the wildlife.
Around 4pm est, I noticed the cam was shaking. My first thought was it was getting windy, but then I noticed the trees weren't moving. I thought surely this wasn't an earthquake. I checked my iphone app and yes, there was a 2.7 showing. I went to rsoe website and it showed the same. I checked my iphone app again about 10 minutes later to see if there were more eq's and the 2.7 was gone. I do not know why usgs pulled it. If it wasn't an earthquake, why was that cam shaking. I watch the cam everyday and I have never seen it shake before. I know it pans around the geysers but that is a very smooth transition.

I have no idea what happened yesterday. Left me bewildered.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkunkSense

There was a 2.7 at 3:49 this morning at a depth of 13 miles. Then exactly 10 minutes later, the 3.4 hit at a depth of 7 miles.

Yesterday at work I had the live Yellowstone cam pulled up which I do everyday mostly to watch the wildlife.
Around 4pm est, I noticed the cam was shaking. My first thought was it was getting windy, but then I noticed the trees weren't moving. I thought surely this wasn't an earthquake. I checked my iphone app and yes, there was a 2.7 showing. I went to rsoe website and it showed the same. I checked my iphone app again about 10 minutes later to see if there were more eq's and the 2.7 was gone. I do not know why usgs pulled it. If it wasn't an earthquake, why was that cam shaking. I watch the cam everyday and I have never seen it shake before. I know it pans around the geysers but that is a very smooth transition.

I have no idea what happened yesterday. Left me bewildered.

Linkypoo for the webcam please.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Sorry about that!

Yellowstone Live Cam

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkunkSense

Sorry about that!

Yellowstone Live Cam

Awsome

Thank you.
And here is something for your constellation.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Here is a site that I visit daily. It's a wonderful, clean site with no annoying advertisements.
The majority of their articles contain the links to the original news source. They do at times, offer their own opinions. It looks to be a fairly new site since their archives only go back to December. Who ever created this site must have had some feelings of things being "not quite right".
Enjoy the site....it has news you won't see on tv!

The Extinction Protocol: 2012 and Beyond

If you are curious whether solar winds may be connected to earthquakes, it's a possibility after reading the above link.
edit on 5-2-2011 by SkunkSense because: The link does have information regarding original post.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The 3.4 and 2.7 quakes at Yellowstone are now DELETED EVENTS.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96
The 3.4 and 2.7 quakes at Yellowstone are now DELETED EVENTS.

What?????

What do you mean, deleted events?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Deleted events - why would that be?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

It means that the computers which monitor the instruments pick up the signals as quakes - then when reviewed it was determined that the events were not actual quakes but some other vibration - i.e. - mine blast, wind gusts, snow plow, buffalo knocking the pole the instrument is on, etc.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

but you know the funny thing is looked at the USGS wbsite yesterday and today and they were registering earthquakes at yellowstone. but for some strange reason the earthquakes have been removed from that site now. Why have they taken them off the site, why are they hiding the earthquakes????

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

i know what are they hiding?? you say there was an earthquake, you saw the ground shake. then they have dissapeared off the site, i saw 2 big ones on the site today now they are gone. funny coincidence that.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ela78x

As I said, events are first automatically picked up by the computer and registared on the USGS website before being reviewed. After the events are reviewed they update the website. When dealing with smaller vibrations, it is easy for there to be a computer error. If you take a look at the instruments across the park on [This website you can see for yourself the instruments. Quakes that are larger in nature i.e. 3.4 and 2.7 would show up on all these instruments across the park as large spikes. -- and, as you can see this simple did not happen

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96

It means that the computers which monitor the instruments pick up the signals as quakes - then when reviewed it was determined that the events were not actual quakes but some other vibration - i.e. - mine blast, wind gusts, snow plow, buffalo knocking the pole the instrument is on, etc.

I hate it when those buffalo go seven miles deep an scratch their itch on a pole

Being a conspiracy site, I think I'm free to suggest that those graphs can easily be manipulated.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join