It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whales Appearing in New York Harbor in Greater Numbers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
One or two might be normal....50 is not. More signs from nature to worry about.

Sigh....
edit on 2/4/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

Thank you. It's refreshing to see others here taking this as an important sign. When our animals start to die off or change their patterns, this is their signal to us that all is not going well. After reading the commentary on the NY times article about this, I was absolutely sickened to see some of the nonchalant, cynical attitudes about this. Maybe they were kids, which worries me even more.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
they used whale bait.... hehehe. get it>???

but they've really just rocked up to watch you all die. then they'll cruise over to starbucks and pick themselves up a skinny soy latte....

edit on 5/2/11 by spearhead because: the tube...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Yes it is refreshing to see important signs like this.
I see it as a sign of healing and recovery when creatures that have, until now, been repulsed by human activity and consequent pollution start returning to the places they have avoided for so long. It's not like they're going to places they've never been, just to places they haven't commonly been for a long time which is generations in human terms.

I see it happening in the large estuary I live on and it has coincided with the initiative to clean the place up. It's obviously working but there's still a long way to go to undo the harm people have caused environmentally. There's something good about seeing whales with calves cruising calmly in the river or a sea lion sunning itself on a beach just like it was centuries ago.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
there either running from something (i mean swimming) or bringing a message

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justinkase
there either running from something (i mean swimming) or bringing a message [/quote

I agree. I think their message is in their movement. But.....what is it?

I don't think too many living creatures currently on this planet are very content right now. That's just the feeling I get regrettably.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

LMFAO, I love how I am being displayed as the example of the mindless citizenship of the world becuase of my post.

The best part is that you all truly believe because there were a bunch of dead birds and sea life in the beginning of the year that may or may not be related to the magnetism of the earth from a polar shift that has been happening since you, your parents, and grandparents were in diapers. Lets not forget the riots in Egypt that started because of corruption, theft of tax money, and basically a dictatorship that people got tired of. Oh don't worry haven't forgotten about Jordan or Tunisia, both of which are the same kind of governments. The only reason this is in the spot light at all is because of the giant web of information we as humans have created over the last 10yrs. I know that all equates to the Hopi prophecy of Spiderwebs blenketing the world (which coincidentally could have been phone lines and even telegraphs as well, but who am I to nit pick.)

The point is that this kind of stuff happens everyday all the time every year for the last 100yrs or more. The earth is polluted thanks to once again us the human population. We have been killing animals in masse for ages with pollution, garbage, and of course just for sport. How many species are extinct now? Lets see at least 50 in the last 100yrs.
Source
Not to mention the pollution in the oceans from the Deep Horizon spill that happened less then a year ago. There are tons of research on the effects of this Corexit that was used on animals here is just one example.
Source Yes it might be hard to believe but the pollution does spread throughout the ocean thanks to the Gulf Stream and other naturally occurring currents in the ocean.

So here is a couple of alternative theories for you.

1. The whales may be coming in closer to land to avoid a toxic water enviroment after seeing other whales die from the pollution. Animals do tend to know danger when they see it or sense it. Marine animals have been around long before humans. In fact there is some proof to say that Mammals such as whales have been around since the Dinosaurs. Source

2. There has been a ton of Geological activity as of late which really could equate to the polar shift and the current position of the earth in the solar system at the moment as we do move, but I am sure you knew that. So maybe there was a recent underwater earthquake or even volcanic activity that made the whales wish to move further inland for awhile.

Finally it could just be that the whales have been there and you just haven't seen them. Some examples of this

Here is a nice article about the Right Whales that are native to North Atlantic Waters and there population has recently been on the rise

www.nytimes.com...

Here is an article from 1998 talking about the impressively large population of Whales in New York

gothamist.com...

Finally here is an article from 2009 about a acoustic study of New York Harbor that was done and guess what they found... you guessed it Whales!!

www.sciencedaily.com...

So before you go off throwing someone to the curb as being nothing more then the "Sheeple masses" maybe just maybe you should do a bit of research before assuming something.

Ok I'm done have a nice debate and enjoy the fear =0). Peace and Love to you all and I will see you this time next year.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Maybe they are protesting, you know we human have messed up the ocean so much, same with shark they protesting, look we have messed the beaches with all those resort, life is not normal for them, you we nee to stop this stuff.

The animals are trying to talk to us, they are protesting freedom of right.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
out of all the natural things taht happen (dead birds exct you finly found one that is normal.
whales are social animals and travel in pods now and the whale shown eats krill 9a small shrimp like )
now possibly the current carried a large number of krill into ny and possibly the whales followed them as that is there food sorce..
yae i know EVERY thing has to be mans fault .
you know we do make a mess on this planet and should be blamed for many things but please lets not add in immangary things as well

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join