It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Circular weather pattern.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I actually forgot I had made this video until I was reading some other weather related threads.

It's just a vid I clipped of a local weather radar showing a weird circular weather pattern over Memphis. The video was taken in October of last year.

It took me a few minutes to get my software working right after I first noticed it, and the weather loop had changed by the time I was able to record it.

At the beginning of the clip, which was the end of the loop I had originally seen, you can see the main shape of the pattern, it was a large circle, with concentric rings around it. It slowly dissipates through the clip. It might just be a random natural occurence, I thought it was weird nonetheless...

(I haven't spent much time on ATS since the revamp and I'm still lost navigating my way around, if this is misplaced please move.)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
that is slightly interesting.. nothing like what was seen over Australia but still interesting...even over the time lapse of the radar it doesn't seem to move much...if fluctuates but generally is stable, especially the circular area in the middle of the ring-ish shape. If i read that right it's over Tennessee somewhere?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Most of the supposed HARRP formations that are being noted on youtube are in the heart of Tornado Alley. I was under the impression that these formations occur naturally every year. We used to cam record these things on our roof tops in the late eighties. Remember, this is the largest cold front in recent history and it moved into the area in record speed. These conditions would cause this.
edit on 4-2-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
My guess at this point would be the government and HARRP.. The U.S. is over populated and also we got greedy and sloppy. It's crazy but can be true. Mother Nature works in mysterious ways but nothing like this. It's sad that we look at the government so highly but they dont look at us that way. They know more than we do and we are nothing but numbers to them.... They are manipulating our weather right now... from Boricua83
edit on 4-2-2011 by Boricua83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CodeRed3D

I agree on the HAARP theory!!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Just like all the other "circles" being talked about in threads...this is just ground scatter/interference from the NEXRAD doppler radars right in that location.

It isn't HAARP...it isn't anything except ground scatter from the doppler radar.

Here is a zoomed in map of the doppler radar that is NE of Memphis, the EXACT same spot your "circle" is.

Zoomed in Memphis Doppler Radar

If you zoom in on any doppler radar...you will see the same circular ground scatter pattern...even in clear skies. When a storm moves through...the ground scatter is still there...and it makes it look like there is a "circle" break in the storm...but it is just interference.

Here is a link that explains this:

www.srh.noaa.gov...

Once again...this isn't HAARP...it is the normal artifacts from doppler radars.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Just to be clear, I never stated it was HAARP or anything unnatural. I just thought it was weird.

I frequently watch local doppler and I have never seen anything like that. I have seen circular storm patterns, but that one was in my opinion, odd.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

And I'm just trying to understand here. but if it is an artifact, would it be visible under only certain situations, or would it be visible at any time?

I think you said that even in clear weather it would be visible, here is the link to the current loop, I'm all but certain there is snow falling in Memphis right now, but no doppler artifacts.

Opps...forgot the link to the current radar...

www.fox16.com...
edit on 2/4/2011 by ThaLoccster because: (no reason given)

top topics

join