It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Showing Houston Cops Beating Teen Finally Released

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
First words out of my mouth were, "oh, #... Rodney King, Pt II!"

7 officers fired
5 indicted
4 suspended or otherwise disciplined

Enough?

No one held anyone back. One got his ass-kickin' boots on. This one looked pretty effin bad - at least Rodney resisted a little (how many people did I just piss off?!), this guy was already in the prone position - after being nailed by the cop car (nice hit), and didn't appear (to even be in condition) to struggle, at all.

[grabs popcorn]

edit on 2/5/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

"We have thousands of officers who do a great job every day and they're not involved in this," said Mark Clark, the union's executive director. "It's serious and it's a reflection on the department."

www.cnn.com...

I guess every bad cop in the department just happened to be out on this call huh?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

"Without revealing what was presented to the grand jury, in order to have aggravated assault you have to have serious bodily injury or impairment or use of a deadly weapon," she said. "None of that was apparent in this case."

Since when isn't fully head on kicking somene not deadly? This guy was lucky. One such kick can kill a man. Wtf?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Yeah, headstomping and headkicking when someone is down is trying to kill.... Like I said, if i had stomped a cop like that I would probably be charged with attempted murder of a cop.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The cops acted how I've come to accept they act...............violent thugs above the law. I think they went way overboard on his beating. That being said, I wonder how many wanna be gangsters saw this footage and decided maybe a life of crime just isn't worth it. babying these punks only leads to more crimes...............and maybe this footage will enable one of these thugs to rethink their choosen avocation. Again, I hate cops, all of them, but in the end, the bad guy may have learned a lesson.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Maybe a few. I bet 10 times that decide that any encounter with police will end with the police getting the beating. Police should deal with even 'bad' suspect respectfully. They'd encounter far less resistance that way.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I watched the video. I dissected it. I think the police officers were justified in subduing the perpetrator. All those police cars? This pursuit obviously went on for some time. Just because this %$#@& *& %$#& decided he was done running, everyone just throws their hands up and says “OK he’s done playing, let’s just take him in”. Too damn bad! I say that that %$#@& *& %$#& will now think twice when he’s done blowing the millions he on gets drugs, and starts to rob and steal again. Quit blaming law enforcement and put the blame where it belongs! Next time you get in trouble CALL YOUR BARBER!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by D1Useek

I will call my AR-15 if I ever need help, or one of my other guns... Calling the cops lol, for people that can't take care of themselves.

If I need backup, I got plenty around here. Neighbors, my crazy uncles, cousins... People around here know who not to mess with, word gets around here.
edit on Sun, 06 Feb 2011 11:19:04 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by D1Useek

That man is an innocent man. Innocent like you. Next time if it's you I will make a point of making a similar post to yours

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by D1Useek
I watched the video. I dissected it. I think the police officers were justified in subduing the perpetrator. All those police cars? This pursuit obviously went on for some time. Just because this %$#@& *& %$#& decided he was done running, everyone just throws their hands up and says “OK he’s done playing, let’s just take him in”. Too damn bad! I say that that %$#@& *& %$#& will now think twice when he’s done blowing the millions he on gets drugs, and starts to rob and steal again. Quit blaming law enforcement and put the blame where it belongs! Next time you get in trouble CALL YOUR BARBER!

Are you LE?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
There are bad guys that are career criminals that either evade being arrested or are able to avoid prosecution when caught... Imagine being a cop and seeing one of these guys time after time victimizing good people.... Being a cop means that you are going to hear even more from other cops and victims of one of these guys and many others and become angry and frustrated by not being able to protect other citizens from being victimized... I hate the idea of a persons rights being ignored or taken away but there are criminals out there that have taken more than that away from those they have victimized.... When I was 18 and serving in an infantry company as a Marine Corps radio operator in Vietnam we had a number of those kind of guys that had appeared before a judge and given the choice of serving in the Corps or doing hard time in the penitentiary for 2 or 3 times longer... They seemed to group together and made life hell by stealing and bullying anyone that they could get away with doing it to... Since they couldn't be depended on in the bush they were usually kept back in the rear echelon areas or if not totally messed up at a forward base camp.... The majority of these guys that had been out in the bush and got caught stealing personal items, food or water from another Marine it wouldn't be long before talk of vigilante justice would come up and another cowardly loser was moved off to the rear to protect them where in time they were roaming in gangs.It reached a point that a person was safer out in the bush.. There isn't much telling how many of those guys would have been killed if they hadn't been sent to the brig and then kept in the rear... The Navy and Marine brigs were run by some tough mean bastards that wouldn't hesitate and actually enjoyed beating the hell out of trouble makers and it straightened some of them out.... I took an exam to be a cop in Dallas a few months after returning from Vietnam and scored very high on it... I had just turned 20 and was a big guy in great physical shape and they wanted me on the force pretty badly .... I realized that there are just too many laws I wouldn't have felt good about enforcing and that there were going to be people I wouldn't hesitate to at least thump on or worse so I bowed out just before they wanted me to report for training at the academy ....I strongly believe that there are people in this world that need to be permanently eliminated from society and at that time in my life I would not been able to stop myself from acting on my belief.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I'll tell you who will end up taking "justice" into their own hands. The people will start fighting back against this type of abuse. What is going to happen when a police officer tries to beat up on the wrong person, and they get shot in the head or something? You all the time are hearing of police being killed in the "line of duty" but really when you see videos like this it really makes you wonder if someone was provoked by the police and/or felt their life was in danger so they fought back.

Either way, I couldn't just lay there and get beaten, I would be screaming and fighting back with everything I had. I'll be DAMNED if I'm going to let a bunch of suits think they can just do as they please because they work for the government. At the end of the day police are humans too and the same as you or I, the only difference is the suit they put on in the beginning of the work day. As for the corrupted punks that like to abuse their "position of power" you'll get yours. Oh yes, you will be had. When the SHTF your suit won't be protecting you anymore, and all those people you've beaten or oppressed will be unrestrained. So for any police officers reading this, you may want to think twice before you wanna kick the living crap out of someone whom isn't trying to bring you or anyone else harm. It might come back to haunt you one day.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by D1Useek

So the next time you're walking down the street and some police want to come flying up on your ass, talking about, "get on the ground" because you happen to LOOK similar to a suspect, then they proceed to kick the living crap out of you for about 15 minutes for "resisting arrest" You can tell everyone how the police are in the right then. Better yet, you can THANK the police for beating you, as I would think from your own post that it would be your opinion that they are just doing their jobs, and keeping everyone "safe".

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Yeah the lesson would be DON'T JOIN A STREET GANG. JOIN A TAX FUNDED GANG.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join