It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting the tourists back to Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
It's not all floods, bushfires and cyclones here you know!

I vote for this bloke to head our rejuvenated tourism industry...

...what?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I'm sure Australia is a beautiful country but I'll never be coming there... Any country that has snakes in your barbecue, deadly funnel web spiders in your toilets and killer sharks patrolling the beaches is not for me...
Still, I hope all those Aussies hurt by the incliment weather are okay, and that you all get over your humiliation after losing the Ashes to England...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

They'll pull through, always do!

As for the ashes? Low blow!

We've got a world cup to win now.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Theres been a huge ad campaign running for Australian tourism on British TV for about a month now, don't know if it was pre planned or it's in response to a drop in tourism

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
As soon as they lower rates to go there I'm in!

I will be terrified of the spiders so I will have to figure that one out...You do have spiders that eat birds, that really freaks me out

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
My other problem is that there is no way I could fly to Oz economy class, I can barely take the pain of squeezing my 6'5" frame into those seats for a two hour flight, let alone a 21 hour one.

But if at some point I can afford a first class ticket to Australia then I am there

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Yeh, the adverts on Blighty's TV do look appealing. However a word of caution! You will sit, cramped and sore, in a plane full of people coughing and wheezing, as you breath in their reconstituted air, as the hostesses try to get you to buy crap from the duty free trolley; all because the image of that gorgeous tanned Aussie bird in the bikini walking seductively along a picturesqe beach enticed you off the safety of your couch to fly in a poorly maintained mass coffin to the land down under. All the time the visions running through your oxygen starved, slightly dizzy, head bring up images of the outback, Crocodile Dundee and Skippy, all while the tune, Waltzing Matilda plays over and over and over again... Then after 21 hours of unimaginable terror and discomfort you land only to find that you can't move an inch through the airport without some Aussie wit shouting, "Pommie Pooftah", Who's the pommie", and of course the hilarious, "what a poof!"
Still, we won the Ashes! Have I mentioned this? lol

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Lucky you're not a bird then!

It's the people eating birds you gotta watch for lol

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Yeah that's my problem too, I'm 6' 4" and get sore knees and legs on a 2 hour flight.

Starting to sound like a whinging pom now.....

new topics

top topics

join