It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Exopolitics" Group Claims Stunning UFO Proof!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Since I see nothing on the front page of NY times, it's safe to say Bassett's claims were lacking in substance.

Anyone who claims to have proof of something extraordinary and waits for a press conference to reveal it is most likely full of it. I've seen this time and time again.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
It is Mike Horn that was saying that Steve Bassett was going to present this proof positive about UFO's not Steve Bassett. I guess Mike Horn just wanted to create problems for Steve.

Ah well so it goes... another one bites the dust...

I think I need to find another Mars anomaly to heal my wounds...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
carefully opens door to this room...looks around...hears crickets...gives Zorgon a star now that he is feeling better... and gee gee one too.....just cause.... quietly closes the door.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck

www.abovetopsecret.com...

PRG
PRG Notice - Friday, February 4, 2011

Los Angeles, CA - PRG executive director Stephen Bassett will present this evening a PowerPoint lecture on Exopolitics, Disclosure, the Truth Embargo and the Post-Disclosure World at the Flying Saucers Cafe in Santa Monica, CA. The lecture will be two hours followed by an hour of Q&A.

This notice of clarification is necessary because publicist Michael Horn has been spreading disinformation about this presentation across the Internet via email, postings and press releases. This disinformation claims that Mr. Bassett will bring "stunning" "undeniable" proof of UFO's, that Mr. Bassett will be debating Mr. Horn, and other false and misleading statements.

PRG regrets these actions by Horn for these reasons: 1) Horn's hyperbolic falsehoods have created interest in the event which will likely result in attendance far exceeding the Cafe's capacity creating possible discomfort for the attendees, 2) a number of people will attend the event with false expectations, 3) some damage may be done to PRG's advocacy work.

If Mr. Horn is not being paid by the government for this kind of conduct, he is missing out on a fine career in COINTEL.

Stephen Bassett
Executive Director
Paradigm Research Group

[Please forward this notice.]

Paradigm Research Group
4938 Hampden Lane, #161, Bethesda, MD 20814
[email protected] 202-215-8344
www.paradigmresearchgroup.org

Thanks for posting that, I was a bit worried that one of the last beacons of hope was about to go out. Too bad it went unnoticed by the many posters coming in after you, asking "well what happened?"...LOL

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

so...in the end...what happened?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveBassett

I'm in total agreement with Steve's statement above. Horn's comments though intelligent (toward Mr. B. Meiers' super-involvement with non-homogenetic beings), often lacks simple clarity.
Mr. Basset does Ufology a favorable appreciation in that he knows what he's talking about, and reports important definitions in related areas. (RSF).

Decoy

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by start0ff
reply to post by Kali74

That's what I'm trying to find out! Nothing so far. Not even the brief minutes of the conference! I'm still at it...

But there weren't going to be any stunning disclosures/proof of aliens/UFOs anyway, as Basset himself clarified. So, why the heck do people waste time and money to attend such jamborees?

edit on 7-2-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Originally posted by start0ff
reply to post by Kali74

That's what I'm trying to find out! Nothing so far. Not even the brief minutes of the conference! I'm still at it...

But there weren't going to be any stunning disclosures/proof of aliens/UFOs anyway, as Basset himself clarified. So, why the heck do people waste time and money to attend such jamborees?

edit on 7-2-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

Some may say they go to such "jamborees" as a means to connect with other like-minded individuals, maybe make a friend or two...but, I honestly believe most go to these things for the hot chicks.
edit on 7-2-2011 by AutOmatIc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Basset really turned out to be another disappointment in UFOLOGY, IRM really made that clear besides Basset coping out and blaming horn for his sales spiel. He pulls his "disinfo agent card" out and runs. These people make me sick. There is no hope with these shills milking the gullible for thousands of dollars a seat.

I wonder who these people are funded by? It would make sense the PTB would want these people like Basset, Greer, Horn, and the Hoax King himself Billy vandalizing the subject They are quick to throw the other under the bus and just goes to show what kind of people they are.

What a disgrace, they have no shame

edit on 7-2-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Maybe it's me but I don't see what the big deal is if Steve Bassett says Billy Meir's stuff is real.

The members here on ATS and elsewhere have there mind set about Billy and I don't think it matters anymore.

It is all what it is!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
So, why the heck do people waste time and money to attend such jamborees?

Some may say they go to such "jamborees" as a means to connect with other like-minded individuals, maybe make a friend or two...but, I honestly believe most go to these things for the hot chicks.

Ah! I believe guys attend Church too for the same reason - for the hot chicks!! (Sheeeesh!!
). So why pay for it by attending such conferences?

By the way, why would hot chicks be interested in Aliens? Probably they go there only for the hot guys!!
It's a vicious circle!
Jeeez!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by callacas
www.benzinga.com...

Thanks for the link. But where's the so called stunning proof? An excerpt....

Media representative, Michael Horn, who had set the stage for a momentous announcement by publicly demanding proof of UFO related claims made by researcher, Stephen Bassett, unexpectedly turned the tables when he himself presented what may be the best new evidence of extraterrestrial contact - and then offered it to his former opponent. The event took place, Friday night, at the Flying Saucers Cafe in the Santa Monica area of Los Angeles.

Offered what? That Billy Meier's speaking the truth? Hmmmm...Back to square one! I thought an alien from Vega or some other esoteric star system would be on display!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
There was never supposed to be stunning proof. It was a fabrication by this Horn guy. Have you not followed the thread at all?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Originally posted by dethduck

PRG
PRG Notice - Friday, February 4, 2011

Los Angeles, CA - PRG executive director Stephen Bassett will present this evening a PowerPoint lecture on Exopolitics, Disclosure, the Truth Embargo and the Post-Disclosure World at the Flying Saucers Cafe in Santa Monica, CA. The lecture will be two hours followed by an hour of Q&A.

This notice of clarification is necessary because publicist Michael Horn has been spreading disinformation about this presentation across the Internet via email, postings and press releases. This disinformation claims that Mr. Bassett will bring "stunning" "undeniable" proof of UFO's, that Mr. Bassett will be debating Mr. Horn, and other false and misleading statements.

PRG regrets these actions by Horn for these reasons: 1) Horn's hyperbolic falsehoods have created interest in the event which will likely result in attendance far exceeding the Cafe's capacity creating possible discomfort for the attendees, 2) a number of people will attend the event with false expectations, 3) some damage may be done to PRG's advocacy work.

If Mr. Horn is not being paid by the government for this kind of conduct, he is missing out on a fine career in COINTEL.

Stephen Bassett
Executive Director
Paradigm Research Group

[Please forward this notice.]

Paradigm Research Group
4938 Hampden Lane, #161, Bethesda, MD 20814
[email protected] 202-215-8344
www.paradigmresearchgroup.org

Thanks for posting that, I was a bit worried that one of the last beacons of hope was about to go out. Too bad it went unnoticed by the many posters coming in after you, asking "well what happened?"...LOL

Re-quoting for people that can't be bothered to read a thread lol. Oh and I didn't know the UFO phenomena was exclusive to ugly people, nerds and males
(referring to the comments made about attendees of these events).

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This is BS, there will be no revolutionary disclosure, I'd bet on it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam
This is BS, there will be no revolutionary disclosure, I'd bet on it.

How is this for a coincidence?

From this thread

The Adventures of Billy Meier!
www.theyfly.com...

UFO Contactee Warns Apophis Asteroid Could Devastate Europe
Billy Meier published information from extraterrestrial humans in 1991 – 13 years prior to “official” discovery
www.prweb.com...

Did Extraterrestrials Give Earth Scientists a Clear Signal about Asteroid Danger?
Austrian physicist finds dire warning to humanity in “universal language” from extraterrestrials in Billy Meier’s information
www.prweb.com...

APOPHIS

Okay so I never believed in coincidences... Now today I see a thread on Apophis...

No not THAT Apophis... That be the Stargate guy

Anyone remember the episode where the Go'auld send an ASTEROID at us so they can wipe us out with a 'natural' disaster thus avoid the wrath of the Asgards?

Well look at this...

Asteroid Apophis..

Will Apophis Hit Earth in 2036? NASA Rejects Russian Report

In 2004, NASA scientists announced that there was a chance that Apophis, an asteroid larger than two football fields, could smash into Earth in 2029. A few additional observations and some number-crunching later, astronomers noted that the chance of the planet-killer hitting Earth in 2029 was nearly zilch. Now, reports out of Russia say that scientists there estimate Apophis will collide with Earth on April 13, 2036. These reports conflict on the probability of such a doomsday event, but the question remains: How scared should we be?

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Reported by Space.com originally

ATS thread on it is here
NASA rejects Russian report...

edit on 10-2-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
UPDATE:

Michael Horn will present Apophis & The Final Meier Prophecies, on Saturday, February 27, at the IUFOC in Laughlin, Nevada. New information from Austrian physicist Anton Hahnekamp who discovered the message from the Plejaren, as well as updates on Michael's communications with scientists Seth Shostak, Michael Shermer, Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson, Bernard Haisch and Phil Plait will also be presented.

www.prweb.com...

Oh I just HAVE to go see that one
and Phil Plait will be at a UFO conference Really?

edit on 10-2-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
UFO Contactee Warns Apophis Asteroid Could Devastate Europe
Billy Meier published information from extraterrestrial humans in 1991 – 13 years prior to “official” discovery
www.prweb.com...

I believe Meier directed and produced the movie, 'Deep Impact'?

edit on 10-2-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Can anyone tell me why all the pictures of aliens are hand drawn pictures. Dont these "people" photograph well? Are they like vampires with the mirrors where they cast no reflection??? LOL.. A photograph would be nice once in a while.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join