It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France will Deploy troops..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
"Going to war without the French is like going hunting without an accordion"

General Norman Schwartzkopf

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dakmarid
The French believed the inspections were working. However, if they did show that they did have illegal weapons the French opinion would change and they would join the conflict. If anything, it would be the most honourable thing to do, admit you're wrong and help the "good guys", right?

Well, the problem isn't whether or not he has the weapons, that was already a known. The problem was that he (Saddam) wouldn't cough them up. Instead, he wanted to play the shell game.

Speaking of compliance, seems we've had Scuds and those other missiles flying around. As was thought, the missile destruction show of the last couple of weeks was just that - a show.

Now, how's that mantra go again, Saddam good, Bush evil?

More crow to be served in the following days.

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Originally posted by Dakmarid
The French believed the inspections were working. However, if they did show that they did have illegal weapons the French opinion would change and they would join the conflict. If anything, it would be the most honourable thing to do, admit you're wrong and help the "good guys", right?

Well, the problem isn't whether or not he has the weapons, that was already a known. The problem was that he (Saddam) wouldn't cough them up. Instead, he wanted to play the shell game.

Speaking of compliance, seems we've had Scuds and those other missiles flying around. As was thought, the missile destruction show of the last couple of weeks was just that - a show.
Now, how's that mantra go again, Saddam good, Bush evil?

Chirac said that if Saddam used forbidden weapons, the french would also engage. I think that's rather a strategic position, forcing Saddam not to use them.

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
At least I'm not the only one that noticed scuds were fired.

Iraqis Appear to Fire Banned Missiles
www.bayarea.com...
At this point I think the French should just stay out of it.
They did everything they could to keep Saddam in power.

[Edited on 03/17/03 by nyeff]

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
At least I'm not the only one that noticed scuds were fired.

Iraqis Appear to Fire Banned Missiles
www.bayarea.com...
At this point I think the French should just stay out of it.
They did everything they could to keep Saddam in power.

[Edited on 03/17/03 by nyeff]

forbidden weapons, not banned weapons, nyeff

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   
U.N. resolutions passed after the Gulf War banned Iraq from having chemical, biological or nuclear weapons and long-range missiles that flew more than 93 miles.

However you word it these are weapons that were supposed to be desroyed.Much like his chemical weapons that he no longer has.

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Better give them a glass of pride to wash that down with...I've got a feeling that a second helping of crow (& a third helping & a fourth helping, etc) will be coming soon...

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The reason that the French roadblocked US attempts to get the war going was because they have too many business dealings in Iraq.

The only reason that France now wants to get involved in the war is because they think its the only possibility to salvage some of those same business dealings.

Hopefully, the US et al will simply tell the French thier participation is neither needed nor wanted, and to just stay at home.

Besides, ask New Zealand... with friends like the french, who needs enemies????

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   
France to help in the war ??????

Just heard on bbc 2 that the british goverment are saying that they will no longer listen to what france has to say as part of the european union and no longer want any dealings with them,maybe this is why they have their tail between their legs and are trying to change thier tune

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I think the british have the right idea. France are out of the equation.

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
it was reported on Fox News this evening that the missiles fired into Kuwait were not Scuds and it is assumed that they are part of the remaining Alsamud II's that were not destroyed.

still glad some of you are just folk living in the general pop. and i have been watching the BBC and i haven't heard one thing about Britian refusing to deal with France on the Iraq issue...sounds like garbage to me...provide proof.

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   
France is currently negociating with the Hezbollah not to attack Israel ... Better have the French with you

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I am not certain you understand how Americans feel about what happend on 09/11. Clearly the response to your overture is this......

To Hell with the Hezbolah and as far as the French quite frankly, many do not give a damm.

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 02:03 AM
link   
So all the sudden they want in in the action. Well they can forget about it . Three nations against one , I see no reason to involve a fourth ... especially if it's going to be the French .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join