It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution spreading to Britain

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a7f435e85e96.jpg[/atsimg]

Thousands of protesters are protesting in England and they don't get the attention they deserve, it is just absurd.

I didn't see this slogan in any main stream media except blogs which shows how Britain is hiding these messages.

"Ben Ali, Mubarak… Cameron, you are next"

UK has been protesting against their corrupt government who kept lying to them. They were lied to in front of their face, and the British public has every right to be angry.

Thousands of protesters angry at education cuts have taken to the streets in London and Manchester, with some clashing with police.

www.mercia.co.uk...

They have been protesting for a while now, and it could spread through out England, and could get worse and more violent as police harshly cracks down on them.

As marchers weaved their way through the streets, a group at the front started chanting: “Revolution, revolution.”

www.mercia.co.uk...

Tunisia and Egypt + other Arab nations could inspire the British to stand up against their corrupt politicians who intentionally lie to get the population's votes, then turn around and point the finger at them.

The protesters are regarded as anarchists, lefties and racist. These are government propaganda, just like the Egyptian protesters who are regarded as infiltrators by the fascist dictators.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I highly doubt this will be a revolution,The British along with other wealthy countries have not experienced the suffering required to pull them away from their luxuries for to long and the protests will be over once their favourite tv show starts.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
The most militant will always be the first that takes to the streets, and it seems mostly the most militant are the youth.

However, have you considered that front loading and staging the cuts the way this Gov has that they might be deliberately setting the fire storm that is to come?

The speed in which the brand new Nirmrods that cost us Billions where torn apart kinda leave me feeling that this Gov is provoking a "Summer of Rage" the way the previous Gov tried and failed.

All in all provoking the more militant first (students) sets the tone of the cuts and lays down the example of the level of protest that fails to be heard in Westminster, and the only way now seems to be down.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

This should hopefully give you some perspective:

8:00AM GMT 30 Jan 2011
Tunisia's recent revolution, in the eyes of many experts, was triggered by its stubbornly high youth unemployment – as much as 24 per cent, according to the UN.
As the streets of Tunis burned, it was announced that Britain’s youth unemployment had risen to 20.3 per cent.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by reatarded

Not really ,I think Britain has the dole for the unemployed,not sure about Tunisia,i will have to look it up.Sure, take away the dole and the revolution will have some fuel ,but for now it's going to burn out quickly.Not enough struggling people with the conviction to see it through.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I live in Manchester and I was at this rally . First , there were a couple of hundred people at the rally, not thousands .
This whole protest has come about because the rich people of the UK , who spend tens of thousands of pounds on the education of their children were resentful at the fact that their child could be competeing for a position in company against a grant educated candidate , pure and simple .

Regards

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gandalphthegrey

Some source for your numbers would be great.

You were there, but am I only suppose to take your observation? How many hundreds, how large was the crowd etc. Give me description or other sources.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Hello (New)

People in Britain are starting to become militant, and in my opinion about time! We have been screwed around with for a very long time, only problem is we are a very tolerant people. Now after many years we are finally starting to think "this can't go on"... I hear people talk quite a lot about this (I'm British/welsh) if you hadn't already guessed. Keep posting people, love reading! V for Victory!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Personally the potential 1/2 million public sector lay offs tied potentially to a further 1/2 million private sector lays off is going to spark a fire-storm.. marry that into the fact that the previous gov did not spread the jobs around, so a high proportion of these losses are going to be clustered in specific locations, locations that still feels the hurt from Maggies cuts IMHO sets the tone of what is to come.

I question the way these cuts are being staged and the intellect behind front loading the cuts the way they have.

edit on 30/1/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I wouldn’t be surprised that we start seeing this in the USA. Thanks to the internet more and more people are waking up to find out that we have been lied to by our government about 911, Banking frauds, Wall Street frauds, Bailouts and our government are still lying to the American people about how well the economy is doing.

People are not as stupid as the governments think. As our economy sinks lower and lower and price’s continues to rise on food and energy, as we are starting to see, then it won’t be long until people here have had enough. What did they expect?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Here here! Couldn't of put it better myself!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by reatarded
reply to post by gandalphthegrey

Some source for your numbers would be great.

You were there, but am I only suppose to take your observation? How many hundreds, how large was the crowd etc. Give me description or other sources.

I don't have to give you squat . I'm telling you how it is . Do your own research .

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

Welcome to ATS
this is a great site for world information, at least you can see many good sources here. ATS woke me up years ago, I remember years ago how I depended on television for my information. I do not watch television News any longer, I learned just from researching on the internet that the media works for, or gate keeps truths for corporations, governments, and militaries, lying is what they seem to do best. I do watch television but, for entertainment only.
edit on 30-1-2011 by impressme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Thank you! You are right in every way, sick of being controlled, well no longer! Only for entertainment!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Oh come on OP,the placard in your post
was just a simple pun.
Now i may be showing my age but many
folk will remember the 80's all girl band
The Bangles and their hit 'Walk Like An Egyptian'...
That's all we have here just student humour

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
So boys and girls, ladies and gents what do you think is going to happen next? After everything that is happening. i.e. Isreal lets off a couple of rounds? Maybe... It is getting pretty heated now!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie
So boys and girls, ladies and gents what do you think is going to happen next? After everything that is happening. i.e. Isreal lets off a couple of rounds? Maybe... It is getting pretty heated now!

This was a student rally , in protest of grant cuts , don't go blowing this out of all proportion , because it has absolutely no relevance with whatever else is going on in the world.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
You can fool some of the people all the time, and all the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time, it doesn't work that way.

"And the meek shall inherit the earth."

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by impressme
I wouldn’t be surprised that we start seeing this in the USA. Thanks to the internet more and more people are waking up to find out that we have been lied to by our government about 911, Banking frauds, Wall Street frauds, Bailouts and our government are still lying to the American people about how well the economy is doing.

People are not as stupid as the governments think. As our economy sinks lower and lower and price’s continues to rise on food and energy, as we are starting to see, then it won’t be long until people here have had enough. What did they expect?

They had protests in New York already...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dnvrliz

here ya go.....

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join