It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am seeing a disturbing trend in the uk

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia
reply to post by StevenDye

I speak as a dog owner i have three. However as you have stated when they go
undomesticated and back to their natural instincts they require professional
retraining to be able to live in the community. And would you feel the same about "putting
down" if it had been a small child torn to shreds, injured, or incapicated ???

I don't see that they do...my dog has caused one its brothers to bleed before, though admittedly only in small amounts as due to their size they are fairly easy to pry apart if you don't mind being accidentally bitten. (Terrier/collie mix) Yet they are generally fine.

When playing with them, if I were to put my hand in any of their jaws they would practically dislocate their jaw to avoid biting me...yet I have been bitten by all of them at some stage or other, usually after frightening them or accidentally stepping on a tail. They are perfectly fine sociable dogs, but sometimes they can lash out, sometimes for reasons we simply can't understand.

Perhaps in this case thats what it was...the dog lashed out...and due to it's size and strength the owner could do nothing about it.

Yes I would feel the same if it had happened to a child, I openly curse the people who put pets down after they have been left alone with a small child and killed it in this country (happened a fair few times unfortunatly). For two main reasons.

1. In the case of the dog being left alone with the infant, thats human error. Any dog owner knows they can get too rough and that young children love to prod and poke. It's an accident waiting to happen.

2. I am against the death penalty...so it's my natural reaction putting animals down is wrong. Many cases of where a dog has killed an infant, the dog isn't mere months old, it has led a life acceptable enough that the family made the mistake of thinking it would be safe to leave the child with the dog. Then an uncharacteristic thing happens and the dogs entire life is deemed bad and evil, when in reality it may have been provoked or made a mistake.

I just want to make it clear again, My opinions are my true opinions, my stance on this particular incident was playing devils advocate. For all I know the owner was deliberately out to cause trouble, and did indeed merely walk off because he is a degenerate human being and not because he was trying to save his own dog. I didn't see it so I can't really pass judgement.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Thats a sad story. Bring back the noose!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
this has been going on for years.
fashion accessory and for fighting other dogs.
they bet on who wins.
they dog are illegal.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

Sorry i didnt make myself clear. Yes i have three dogs but they are only small ones

(not viscious breeds) although they do have the occasional altercation to show who's boss

between themselves. I only mentioned that to show i am not inhumane towards animals

when in a previous post i advocated "putting to sleep" dangerous dogs. A previous poster

had disagreed with this and i asked if they would still feel the same if it had been a small

child who had been attacked instead of another dog !!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Simple solution? A gun.

A 3-5 inch swiss army knife will do too.
edit on 30-1-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Some people suggested the sterilization of "killer" dogs. Do you expect us to walk around with poodles? The owner is on the wrong not the breed of dog. I've seen plenty of friendly pitbulls that are basically house cats. The dog was probably a a Staffordshire bull terrier or an English bull terrier not a pitbull.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

edit on 30-1-2011 by Serizawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niall197
OP, pit bulls were banned in Great Britain under the terms of the 1991 Dangerous Dogs Act. They're illegal to own (without a special exemption by a court) and they're illegal to breed. Same goes with Tosas, Fila Brasileiro's & Dogo Argentino's.

So I don't know what attacked your neighbours dog. But it certainly wasn't a pit bull.

I don't think most people would know the difference to a legal or a bad dog, and lets face it, stafs,pit ball etc look almost the same. Yes the English has a different face, but other ones im sure people would not know the difference. They do look almost the same, so i am sure it was that breed of dog, band or not.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well,many posting wish to exterminate a certain breed of dog.I find that humanity,hasnt learned from ANY of their mistakes when it comes down to exterminating life. Since majority-justice prevails,and those who believe that they have the right to ban such creatures into oblivion,based on fear,based on prejudice,and based on stupidity,I have succumbed to the majority.Heres a list of the worlds most Dangerous dogs.

Dangerous Dogs

Once we get rid of number 1 on the list,we then must proceed to work on number 2,and eventually get rid of the rest of these heathen mongrels. Eventually,the "final solution" will work,and we will rid humanity,of these vicious,and vile creatures,we call "mans best friend".

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I can't tell you how much I hate this thread. SnF

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I remember a story where a man was almost eaten alive by a pack of dogs outside his home to.

Too bad you guys are so subservient to your govenment masters and don't have guns, a concealed or open carry hand gun would have stopped that bad situation instantly.

Enjoy being slaves to your government.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Wow, OP, that's incredible. I live in Kent, in the UK, and a few years back I saw a young girl with a Staffordshire Bull Terrier PUPPY at a bus stop. She and her friend were smacking it about the face, getting it wound up so it would go for them, and then having a go at it.
People at the bus stop with us were getting upset and distressed by their behaviour, telling them to stop it, only to be told to f*ck off and mind their own business.
I will almost always entirely blame acts of violence like you described down to bad handling.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I've always thought about what would happen if a big dog attacked my dog, I don't even kill bugs in my house, but I wouldn't think twice about killing that dog. There is a dog in my court that is a jerk to other animals, I've thought many times about how I wouldn't even think about kicking that dog's head in, and I'm a very non-violent kind of guy. People say you can't know how you'd act, but I certainly know I'd jump in there immediately, choking the dog at the very least. Next I would happily turn on the owner and treat him likewise. My buddy has a pitbull and it has to stay in the other room whenever anyone comes over, he's now trying to get rid of it, the only problem: shelters won't take pitbulls. I think it should just be made illegal to have any mix of pitbull, even the nice ones are way too hyperactive, too loving as I call it. My buddy has a large scar on his face from his dog being too loving as a child. This whole problem could be fixed if everyone just realized how inferior dogs are to cats, even if a cat bites you as hard as they can, it's nothing compared to a dog. Also, dogs are like having a child, it's obvious that the average person shouldn't have kids, so it should be equally obvious that they shouldn't have a dog, especially a large one, naturally inclined to being too much. If they could teach a dog how to meow instead of bark, I would entertain the idea that they aren't grossly inferior, but until that day, people should have to go through meetings similar to having to adopt a child to be able to have a large dog. Also, those breeds that are usually "banned", need to be globally banned, we just need to say no.

I'm usually not this extremist, but I can't stand big dogs, I know several people that have dogs with pitbull blood, they're all extremely annoying or too vicious, it's like being in a terrible relationship that you can't get out of. Yet, all the people I know with cats have really great cats, including the three I have, I also had two dogs, both of which had many pillows thrown at them for refusing to stop barking. I can tolerate smaller dogs, or even some medium big dogs like an Australian shepherd, but big dogs (including retrievers and labs) are just too much, especially in an apartment, no matter how nice they are. If everyone just had a cat, I think the world would be a better place.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
These type of fighting dogs are usually owned by the tattoo'd fraternity who name them, Bruno, Tyson or Killer and walk them around the streets on massive chains that could hold back the Titanic. The dogs also wear heavy studded collars.. The whole idea being that they intimidate other people who dare to walk the UK's streets, especially at night.
In my opinion I find it hard to understand why anyone would want to own "any" dog! They foul the pavements, bite unweary children and cause mayhem where ever they are allowed off the leash.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

In the US, more than likely, someone would have shot the pit bull. That is the good news and bad news of living with the right to self defense.

I know people in Britian view their society going nuts and think the last thing they would want is guns in the hands of the nuts. However, in practice, an armed society is a more criminally careful society. Thugs don't know if they will live or die if they attack someone who appears weaker than they are in America. In Europe, if you are stronger, you are safe to atack the weaker. I think this mentality snowballs into more agression among bullies - nurtures a bully attitude or personality in society. The weak child is stronger than that kitten and can do to the kitten what the bullies in the family, school or neighborhood do to them. No one is allowed to defend one's self if the perp is bigger and meaner than the victim because that requires a weapon.

We have certain populations in the cities who are totally out of control and not smart enough to be deterred by the possibility of choosing a victim who will whack them. They work in a pack like animals and usually select young females or males who they know will not have a concealed carry license. However, they take the risk of a passerby deciding to save the life of the victim from the animalistic pack's attack. No fear of that in Britian. The strong or the mob wins over the targeted victim every time. Children are the weakest prey in society.

I just read an article not long ago about a US man who saw a woman being mauled by a few dogs in her front yard. He ran into his house, got his gun and shot one of the dogs. The others ran away. Had he not ended the attack, the woman would have died. Had he tried to end the attack with his bare hands, he would have been attacked, too. As it was, she was hospitalized in serious condition. But that man saved her life.

Our society is out of control; totally unglued from it's traditions and culture now and more and more we are losing the rule of law in the streets via cop behavior and criminal behavior. Chaos reigns in many places. It comes from internationalism or multi-culturalism. I could not bear the thought of living in this society with no right nor chance to defend myself as a woman.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SincerelySarcastic

SincerelySarcastic

If everyone had a cat then there would be no wildlife left .......... not such a good idea....

A dog is a pack animal, the only way to treat them is by being the Alpha Male of the pack....they will always be subservant to you and know thier position...

Cats on the other hand can be little buggers sometimes !!!!

PDUK

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SincerelySarcastic
If everyone just had a cat, I think the world would be a better place.

What are we ancient Egyptians?
it's all about owing a sugar glider or fennec fox or even a hedge hog if your cool enough, which unfortunately I am not

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Just watched the uk news and they were talking about the problem UK is facing with gangs. It seems to be a growing trend. They also said another worrying factor is the fact that most of these gangs own aggressive dogs.

It really angers me that these gangs think they are so cool and tough and are willing to destroy a persons life all for trying to be "badass"

I live and stuggle in this world, just like everyone else, but my attidude is be nice to everyone, help people who need it. This is why it makes me sad that i seem to belong to a world full of these aggressive people who don't give a crap about anyone. Who would beat the crap out of me for not giving them a cigerette.

You know what. My wife is Chinese, and i lived in China (beijing) for a little while. And i loved it there because there is more respect for everyday people than there is here. Yes, we all know the problems China has, but i felt safe there. I used to walk the streets on my own while my wife was working and talking to people and they would talk to me.

Im thinking it might be better to move back to China before my wife has our baby. I don't know, im just getting sick and tired of the way this country is going.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join