It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sesame Street - Bug out bag - Preparing the nation for megaquake?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think you are reading to much into this. All this vid is promoting, along with the website www.ready.gov is to be prepared for emergencies that can hit your area. It is an instructional site with common sense tips for communicating and organizing your family along with checklist for ready to go bags in an emergency. It also stresses learning about potential emergencies. So if you live on the coast, become aware of Hurricanes. Live in a flood plain area? Research Floods.

Just look at Katrina and how people were prepared and how this is just a response from that.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Again, great advice geared toward the adult, not the diaper-wearing toddler or their older Sesame Street watchin siblings. Let them be kids.

It's bad enough they have to watch junk on TV but Sesame Street gives them an hour-long opportunity to get lost in La-La Land.. They don't NEED to be told to pack their emergency bags. Good parenting does that for them and, without drawing too much attention to it either.

Just spare them the worry because lord knows, they're going to have 60 more years of worrying once they grow out of their Sesame Street phase!

And those who think teaching the children (2-10 years old) about HIV really should reconsider having anymore children because THAT'S ridiculous!!!! Especially when you realize that disease was government grown to begin with!
edit on 27-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderboy2402
So if you live on the coast, become aware of Hurricanes. Live in a flood plain area? Research Floods.

Who? The 2 year old or their parent????

That is my point. A 2 year old has no IDEA where they live let alone on the coast of a continent prone to hurricanes.
Research floods? Who? The child? Again...that's my point.

Why does TV have to do YOUR job?

This is an adult concern. Not Sesame Street watching children.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by KaiserSoze

When I was young, 1983, the movie "the day after" was the talk of the class and the office water cooler.

And THAT is probably why you're a member of a conspiracy forum

Just kidding. Thanks for posting!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Instilling fear?!

Natural disasters happen. They happen every year and every year thousands of people die in them.

This isn't fearmongering, its the truth.

What the heck happened to telling kids the truth?

One time in American history, it was encouraged to tell kids the truth, how to survive, and how to defend themselves.

But, no in today's Mamby Pamby land we can't tell kids the truth. It might scare them.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I agree..

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Instilling fear?!

Natural disasters happen. They happen every year and every year thousands of people die in them.

This isn't fearmongering, its the truth.

One time in American history, it was encouraged to tell kids the truth, how to survive, and how to defend themselves.

But, no in today's Mamby Pamby land we can't tell kids the truth. It might scare them.

If that's so (and I agree) then why are they starting now?????
They're just realizing this?
Or.....do they want our children to 'grow up' real fast?

This is NOT children-concern. It is up to the adult to protect and prepare their children.
Things are totally out of control.

Unless.......they KNOW something huge is about to happen.
And if not, they are spewing fear fear fear. Prepare prepare prepare. Why now?

I don't watch TV nor was my child brought up on it but that's a whole other thread.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

RIP Easter Bunny, Fairy Godmother and Santa.

Ya happy now?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I think they are starting now because we have been complacent.

Katrina really showed how complacent we had become.

They/We know that the New Madrid could go off really anyday between now and the near future. There are numerous preparations, including pamphlets and tv commercials underway to prepare for such an event.

Children should grow up fast. One of the problems with modern youth in America is they havn't grown up. We have tons of college age kids who have no sense of responsibility. We keep American youth in a state of perpetual childhood, instilling materialism and instant gratification. Sure its great for a impulsive consumer economy but its terrible for the country and a person's credit score.

I applaud you on keeping the TV set away. Thats a whole other topic which helps contribute to the overall problem with American youth.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
To me this thread is about being age-appropriate.
And again, to me, the biggest worry for a 2-6 year old is making pee-pee in the toilet and riding a big-boy/girl bicycle one day.

When you're my age, and look back....things look mighty wrong and totally spinning out of control.

LET CHILDREN BE KIDS. And let the adult, provide the safety measures and lectures.
It's like watching everyone ride a bike with helmets now?
Enough is enough. Unless they know something is VERY possible to happen very soon.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Hey Human_Alien,

Thanks for the video, this is great! I can't wait to show my daughter, and I'm even going to to talk to her teacher about showing the actual seame street clip (not the one you provided, with all the propaganda and agenda fear mongering crap edited in) to her entire class!

You say let kids be kids, but I'm sorry, the fact is, disaters and emergencies don't discriminate against age. Everyone of every age should be prepared.

Growing up in So Cal my entire life, we have always been taught to be prepared for the big one, in school as well, so I think this is great.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

My friend, please tell me how the people of Katrina were complacent?

How much more can one do other than, pack some clothes, flashlight, matches, food and an emergency exit?
The Katrina debacle was that of the rescue squad.

The victims did NOT die (or were displaced) due to their unpreparedness.
FEMA failed to rescue them and provide shelter on time.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

No surprise there Zombie.
Glad I can help out becoming a full fledged Sheeple!
Because heaven knows, we ALL need to be told when to blow our noses and why now.

TV is SUCH a good venue. Takes the onus away from being a responsible, positive and productive parent. And that can only be, a good thing. Right Zombie?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Most of the people "left behind", a mistake we didn't make with Ike and Gustav, didn't have any emergency preparations. The biggest issue being water. Had everyone had 72 hours of food and water, it would not have been as dire as it was. Lacking 72 hours of prescription medications was another major issue. People have to have those things, otherwise Darwin takes over. People cannot expect FEMA or the government to come and bail them out. There are times when even the government is overwhelmed or not prepared. People need to rely ultimately on themselves.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
teaching a small child how to prep a "survival kit" is kinda funny. next thier gonna be telling kids it's not ok to tickle elmo after all the fall out hits him. or cookie monster needs lithmus strips to test his cookies.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Star for you!!
Its better to be the guy with a smoke detecter then being the guy with no smoke detecter who falls asleep after a few valiums.

You too don't see my point.

Smoke detectors, flashlights, canned food, gasoline in the tank etc are OUR ISSUES and are a GREAT IDEA.
It's not the concern of the 2-10 year old demographic audience whose watching Sesame Street!
Maybe just maybe it's like,if you build it they will come ,or if they are thinking it it will happen?Do they want everyone thinking it will happen and the more that do,the more likely it will occur?that's my guess!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
When did you people stop being "you' and become a 'they'??

Everything is based on what 'they' say!

"They" told us....
"They" suggest......
"They" want.......
"They" insist.....

Why don't you pretend mass media (TV, Internet) doesn't exist (oh the thought). Do you think you couldn't survive or know the RIGHT thing to do without their assistance? That's the problem. Everyone is looking for a handbook now.

That's what I think is happening. People can't think anymore. They depend on everyone else (via the media) to do their thinking for them.
We've been here 6 BILLION years (and longer) and survived without Sesame Street commercials.

If you now need to be told to pack a flashlight and a 'bug out bag' then, you are exactly the bi-product they were hoping for.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Glad I can help out becoming a full fledged Sheeple!

Yes, because being prepared for an emergency, and teaching your children to be prepared as well is SOOOOOOOO CONFORMIST

Because heaven knows, we ALL need to be told when to blow our noses and why now.

If thats what your get out of sesame street, then I'm afraid you may have a larger problem than a 40 year old show about puppets in the barrio.

Takes the onus away from being a responsible, positive and productive parent.

If a parent has a problem with this clip (such as yourself, although I'm not sure if your a parent), wouldn't the bad parenting be the fact that you let your child watch this in the first place? If you don't like it or don't approve, simple, DON"T WATCH IT, nobody is forcing this on you.

Everything is not a conspiracy theory.

edit on 27-1-2011 by ZombieJesus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Most of the people "left behind", a mistake we didn't make with Ike and Gustav, didn't have any emergency preparations. The biggest issue being water. Had everyone had 72 hours of food and water, it would not have been as dire as it was. Lacking 72 hours of prescription medications was another major issue. People have to have those things, otherwise Darwin takes over. People cannot expect FEMA or the government to come and bail them out. There are times when even the government is overwhelmed or not prepared. People need to rely ultimately on themselves.

I hear ya but what the hell does that have to do with 5 year olds?????
That's WHO the commercial was geared toward!

Now a 5 year old has to be responsible for bottling some water (or reminding their parent) all the while of having the stress of becoming a 'productive adult' in this material laced world too?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

It's obvious you don't read, you just blog.

Good luck to you!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join