It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dugway Army Base On Lockdown

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
strange statement from Col William King "the vial was missplaced in the wrong container" if so they would have know what wrong container it was placed into by what vial was placed into the container that should have had the VX. all such vials & containers will be coded.so if something like what he said happened it would have been found within miniutes.

Dear us army,if your going to continue to put out BS you really need to work on putting out better BS.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hrmmm

It is very likely that it is all bs....
things like this you have to take their story and magnify it by about 500...

We may not really ever know "exactly" went on...
Im sure they had a version of a rumor mill circulating in the base during the lockdown...
so even likely the twitter story was watered down

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
dear governments if what Col W King said is true let me say "DUMB! guys just place a rf tag on such things and a device to inform update computer system data that the vial has been replaced into the correct container.
If You cant think of these things then its better you dont play with such items because that declared by Col W.King is evidentary that you dont know what you are doing & not interlectually responsible to handle or work with such things.

US Army to world "we got a state of the art GPS & RF system that can find your dog anywhere on the planet...err ummm mr president we misslaid a vial of never agent"
edit on 27-1-2011 by hrmmm because: addition

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hrmmm

I don't think you're sufficiently "interlectually responsible" to be calling out anybody's "interlectual responsibility".

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
they were like what are we going to say? we cant tell them the truth, your rite lets run with that story boon made up on that website ats you know the one about the woman who leaked the truth out ( laughs) if the people on the internet buy it the public will, good idea sir i am preparing the speech now.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by laterallateral

thats your oppinion the post was mine,try to add to discussion not try to pick fights with posters

btw your being very defensive,are you a government plant here?

edit on 27-1-2011 by hrmmm because: addition

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Only read a few pages as I am listening to Fox news they are saying that nerve agents are missing. It's coming on after commercial I will see what they say.

Sorry if this has already been written

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
They said the base is open now they found the missing nerve agent.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
They said the base is open now they found the missing nerve agent.

So, it seems that the girl who tweeted is now vindicated as being legit? Original tweet screenshot here:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4cb9c757d5b4.jpg[/atsimg]

This girl should be given a medal. For being the only responsible human being to tell the truth out of the 1400-2000 people that were detained by the military, and out of the entire U.S. Army staff there, this one girl was the only one who said what was what. Applause for her!

I should amend that it also shows us how our "respected" military "heros" respond to the public in such situations. With censorship, media blackouts, vagueness, but more importantly...a wall of silence. The silence is deafening, can you hear it?
edit on 27-1-2011 by AutOmatIc because: silence

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I wonder if the people working there get paid salary or hourly? Because for both the people stuck on the inside and the people waiting to be let in thats a lot of o/t pay and regular pay for people to be stuck idle for that amount of time. Bend over taxpayers!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

I agree and disagree with you. I completely agree that the military and gov't in general should be more transparent. This is something we should really press more and more on considering the fact that almost everything now days is classified as a national security secret. What? You want to know how many pencils we ordered? "Um sorry sir that is classified for national security".

However comma I don't think that all info regarding super-weapons should get out. This actually is a good reason. If people are privy to information such as lax security, lax protocols in handling, etc...they could very well use that intel. I'm not saying they should refrain from making any report, but I would condone a watered down one in the case of base security. For this instance I would find a report stating a possible mishap regarding "chemical biological weapons caused a base lock down. This was a security and safety precaution to prevent any mishap or mitigate any effects of one. All items are accounted for and we are standing down." That is the truth and I would be fine with just that report. We don't need to know what kind of NBC-material it was, where it was, the cause, or anyone involved. That does actually constitute intel.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hrmmm

Instead of hijacking another thread, get your twenty posts done. Then read the instructions and post.

In answer however, those are all old topics here.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
And ATS wins again over the MSM.

We had figured out what was really going on almost 12 hours before the army statement, thanks to that patriot, Ashley and the hard research of ATSers.

ATS wins again!!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by VI0811
reply to post by crashbehr

A lot of bases, depending on what they represent, periodically do this. Like practicing a fire drill. Nothing odd here ...

AGreed.. they do it frequently. However, if we can take a statement that was reported by the media as fact.. then there is an accident of some sort. WHo knows the severity of it.. no one here does and its all speculation at this point. I hadnt heard it earlier.. but it apparently involves a "serious concern" and not simply a drill as first reported. Its been reported so it will be sniffed out what happened soon enough.

BTW.. dont tell anyone to wait for facts before running around all tinfoilish.. youll be called scum and disinfo.
Not to mention some of the BS Im reading on here comes from posters on GLP.. and not real facts.

And what exactly IS fact to you?
Are you waiting for MSM to tell you what happened and then consider that fact?
Because the military would never make up a cover story and the MSM would never happily publish it as fact, right?
Don't get me wrong - I'm basically with you here. Too many people see doom in every little longshot coincidence they stumble upon.
But still, you are asking people in a conspiracy forum to wait for facts before speculating further?
If everyone followed that advice, this would be a very dull place.
The earth was once believed to be flat and the centre of the universe. That were in those days a well known fact.
So please, define fact for me.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Unless there are more than one of these facilities in KY then, I think I went to college not far from there at all. I even knew a "townie" who had relatives that worked there. If memory serves, it was in Madison County. Are we talking about the same place by chance? Just curious.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Spirit Warrior 11:11

Totally, I should be more verbose in my opinions regarding this. Yes, indeed, common sense should dictate exactly what information is made available. After all, there are some things that are kept secret from the general public for their own safety such as, how to make an atomic bomb. You wouldn't want every single person on the planet to be able to make and own such weapons of mass destruction for various reasons.

For this instance I would find a report stating a possible mishap regarding "chemical biological weapons caused a base lock down. This was a security and safety precaution to prevent any mishap or mitigate any effects of one. All items are accounted for and we are standing down." That is the truth and I would be fine with just that report. We don't need to know what kind of NBC-material it was, where it was, the cause, or anyone involved. That does actually constitute intel.

Yes, I too would have been satisfied with at least some level of intel that wasn't vague, and think the decision to completely silence everyone was a poor, and irresponsible decision which led to rumors, which could have possibly led to much more paranoid chaos. Thankfully that did not happen, and I don't think the people in charge of this particular situation handled it with reasonable common sense at all. If this is how they will continue to treat the public, like we are deemed unworthy for our own protection or whatever reason they think, then future situations will be met with the same level of frustration, mistrust, even possibly panic.

I also must applaud the members here at ATS (and a few other sites) who were relentless in their pursuits of the truth. People do want to know what is going on. Our government and military works for the people. We are all technically their bosses. I pay taxes, and my taxes pay their salaries, so in a sense, we the people pay for such information and deserve more respect than we are given. And yes, we all "need to know".

edit on 27-1-2011 by AutOmatIc because: respect

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
I wonder if the people working there get paid salary or hourly? Because for both the people stuck on the inside and the people waiting to be let in that's a lot of o/t pay and regular pay for people to be stuck idle for that amount of time. Bend over taxpayers!!!!

I have a friend who works at another facility that handles nuclear waste. These people, right down to the janitors, get extremely high pay. My friend runs an overhead crane in a warehouse. Picks up a barrel, moves it to the other side, sets it down. She now earns over $120,000 a year and another $40,000 in benefits. She will retire at 55 this year I think with almost full pay for life. She often brags it only took 14 hours of training to learn her job and she can miss up to 3 months work a year, which she does and not loose a single days pay.

I love her as a friend, but she dropped out of school at 16, has no other skills beyond running an overhead crane with a remote control that is even simpler than a TV remote and she is one of the reasons our country is going broke. Union of course and she is a Steward which means she gets free trips all the time to conferences and extra days off for meetings. All paid for by us taxpayers.

Shhhhhhhhhhh, they don't really like it to get around how much they are paid and how little they do for it. Don't tell anyone. People who do real jobs and have real skills get upset when they find out their taxes are paying these Union Government Workers such insane wages for menial labor jobs that require no skills or training.

One of my pet peeves, sorry for the rant.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

27 January 2011 Last updated at 13:49 ET Share this pageFacebookTwitter ShareEmail Print Lost Army 'nerve agent' found after Utah base lock down The US Army has located a small amount of a deadly nerve weapon that went missing at a Utah military research base, officials have said.

So, reading that.. then reading what I said at the VERY BEGINNING.. can I get a "good call" or something?

Sorry the mass hysteria and global epidemic and doom didnt come true, maybe now you will listen to the "logical" explanations FIRST?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

We don't disagree. The sad part is that you are wrong however. We are sworn to protect the citizens but we have to follow the orders of the politicians. And unfortunately, frustratingly, the politicians DO NOT feel that the citizens are the ones in charge. They are just in the game for themselves and don't give a crap about Joe the plummer unless there is a political benefit. This is what we must change.

I know that all the military brothers I know would never do harm or allow harm to the citizenry. Even to the point of breaking our orders. The problem is we cannot always see the end result of the politics. They are generally just a hidden as the true stories are from the media. That is IF the media wants the true story anyway.

We need new management. No more Republocrats or any other greedy politician. If you think either of the main sides of the argument have your back I'm sorry but they don't. Their main concern is paying back their lobbyists and getting re-elected. Everything else is a distraction. And another distraction is believing there is any difference between Repubs and Dems. That keeps everyone busy and nicely distracted.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join