It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dugway Army Base On Lockdown

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

That isn't what I'm saying, what I am saying is that the military doesn't need to tell every detail to the public about every thing they do. As for WMD's, I doubt any of the countries that have them are going to announce to the public the exact amount they have or don't have.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
Hate to say it, and also I'm sure I'll be hated for it but...

If any of those viruses/chemicals escape and kill those working there.... good.

Better them then allowing them time to perfect them and release them among us or some brown skinned people.

Sorry, truth hurts.

Yeah.. because scientists can't be replaced and research isn't documented either, they do it all by genetic memory

Those people working there are just following orders and doing their jobs, and so far it's not even known what happened..

For all you know someone went bezerk and emptied a machine gun in the cantine...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

The reasons you gave for the change in this site are mine as well.

Most of my family was or is military and the military bashing that goes on here makes me nuts at times. I don't think our military or government should be allowed 100% free rein, but sometimes it is necessary for them to keep some secrets, even with whatever happened today.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

The only reason we are focusing on her (or have) was because of the original Twitter post about there being VX Gas Missing. It was suspected at first it had to be a hoax post, but we pulled on that thread and the investigation came full circle to show that the person who made the tweet was in fact a US Army Testing Engineer.

This was never verified or proven.

I love people when they say things are facts...but actually its based on bad research and guess work.

Nobody has proven a military employee from that based has posted anything about VX gas.

It is being assumed.

She is also not from Utah (at least her her FB says she is not).

MM

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Booz Allen is now the smoking gun??

Geez guys. Hubby worked for Booz.. discussed in another thread even. Do you know what you are talking about? Im gonna have to call him and tell him Booz has initiated the zombie apocalypse at Dugway.

You all DO know posting a resume doesnt mean what is contained in it is real or valid, right?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by matrix12
either its a drill, or something has escaped confinement

by something could you possibly mean like in monster, if you watch the place and see two people with white shirts and blacks pants run out we will know what happened, but I personally believe this may involve the dead animals if it is a chemical weapon, but chances are it is a different kind of weapon.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Maybe Im an old fart, but IMO tweets arent facts.

Should I mention Dugways history with dead sheep??

Bottom line.. stuff happens, humans make mistakes and goof things up, some people act like morons and cause base shut downs.. everyone needs to wait for more information before running out the door with gas masks and BoBs...

Its really no real wonder to me why lockdowns are usually kept quiet and under the radar. People act like goofballs and are the reason we will never have advance warning if a meteor ws going to crash into us tomorrow..

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Way cool, just look at all these people playing the parts of disinfo agents.

All these ATS members just saying: Hey you're all mistaken, there's no proof, it's all ok.

As to people with family in he military, or "civilian research" live by the sword, you die by the sword, scum.

No mask, no EVIDENCE, no RESEARCH, only assumptions, deductions, inductions, and ideas. You can handle that can't you?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahimsa
reply to post by Whateva69

That isn't what I'm saying, what I am saying is that the military doesn't need to tell every detail to the public about every thing they do. As for WMD's, I doubt any of the countries that have them are going to announce to the public the exact amount they have or don't have.

I Agree totally that a military should not have to tell everyone what they are doing, and they should have secrets, it would be stupid not too. Lets face it just because a country isn't at war it doesn't mean they don't have enemies. People should give due respect to any person serving their country, their butts are on the line often enough. All I am saying with regard to wanting to know what happened comes down to if it put the public in harms way we would at least know that whatever it would not happen again. Its not like anyone who has any form of self preservation would expect the US Military or any other military force to have an open book policy. I sure as hell don't want a combatant state to know what new shiny things the US UK and other countries are working on, or have in their stock piles. One day we might need to rely on those new shiny things to protect us.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
Way cool, just look at all these people playing the parts of disinfo agents.

All these ATS members just saying: Hey you're all mistaken, there's no proof, it's all ok.

As to people with family in he military, or "civilian research" live by the sword, you die by the sword, scum.

No mask, no EVIDENCE, no RESEARCH, only assumptions, deductions, inductions, and ideas. You can handle that can't you?

Scum and Disinfo??

Incredible quality of posters we have here these days.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by crashbehr

A lot of bases, depending on what they represent, periodically do this. Like practicing a fire drill. Nothing odd here ...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pleasetryagain

I know what you mean, I am only a couple of hours away in Brandon.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
Wow sounds like a nice place

Dugway Proving Ground is a military testing facility located approximately 80 miles southwest of Salt Lake City. For several decades, Dugway has been the site of testing for various chemical and biological agents. From 1951 through 1969, hundreds, perhaps thousands of open-air tests using bacteria and viruses that cause disease in human, animals, and plants were conducted at Dugway... It is unknown how many people in the surrounding vicinity were also exposed to potentially harmful agents used in open-air tests at Dugway

Dugway Proving Ground

Dugway Sheep Kill" incident
In March 1968, 6,249 sheep died in Skull Valley, an area nearly thirty miles from Dugway's testing sites. When examined, the sheep were found to have been poisoned by an organophosphate chemical. The sickening of the sheep, known as the Dugway sheep incident, coincided with several open-air tests of the nerve agent VX at Dugway. Local attention focused on the Army, which initially denied that VX had caused the deaths, instead blaming the local use of organophosphate pesticides on crops. Necropsies conducted on the dead sheep later definitively identified the presence of VX. The Army never admitted liability, but did pay the ranchers for their losses

Lets hope its just a test and not the military being stupid or playing god with people's lives.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Geez guys. Hubby worked for Booz.. discussed in another thread even. Do you know what you are talking about? Im gonna have to call him and tell him Booz has initiated the zombie apocalypse at Dugway.

You all DO know posting a resume doesnt mean what is contained in it is real or valid, right?

Every time I see a post like yours I think to myself, gee, somebody's really onto something.

Swing and a miss.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
reply to post by zorgon

She's put on a few pounds - but she reports she's from Huntsville Alabama. Testing dangerous chemical weapons must force her to put on some pounds!

That's an edit. There's an application that allows you to alter a picture of someone, giving them a double-chin and chubby cheeks etcetera.

Can we stop all of this talk of false-flag attacks and disinformation agents please it is absolutely ridiculous. Let's just wait and see.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by VI0811
reply to post by crashbehr

A lot of bases, depending on what they represent, periodically do this. Like practicing a fire drill. Nothing odd here ...

AGreed.. they do it frequently. However, if we can take a statement that was reported by the media as fact.. then there is an accident of some sort. WHo knows the severity of it.. no one here does and its all speculation at this point. I hadnt heard it earlier.. but it apparently involves a "serious concern" and not simply a drill as first reported. Its been reported so it will be sniffed out what happened soon enough.

BTW.. dont tell anyone to wait for facts before running around all tinfoilish.. youll be called scum and disinfo.
Not to mention some of the BS Im reading on here comes from posters on GLP.. and not real facts.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou

Every time I see a post like yours I think to myself, gee, somebody's really onto something.

Swing and a miss.

Hell, Im not on to anything.. I have NO idea what is going on there at Dugs.. nor does anyone here.

link   
There's no way to sugarcoat it. There are potentially dangerous elements there. The sad thing is, we may never know the truth as to why the base is in lock down. I'd have a tough time believing its something as small time as graffiti tags or littering.

link   
reply to post by lyndonl

Thank you

This thread reminds me of that Chicken Little story for some reason...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Incredible quality of posters we have here these days.

Yeah i was thinking the same thing you know.

Do you have anything to add OTHER than it's all ok and normal?

Because i don't believe you.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join