It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from a loner!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Been lurking on ATS for quite a while. Outside of the Internet I feel very lonely - been several years now after I graduated from high school and have virtually no friends in university. I talked to a self-proclaimed psychic and she told me that I'm reptilian because I don't have any friends or a girlfriend. She said people instinctively feel that I'm a reptilian and that's the reason for me not having any friends here at university. I don't think I'm a reptilian, I mean I don't shape-shift or anything, I think I might have been cursed by an ex friend of mine who's a gypsy. Actually, I've never had strong friendships, I don't know why people always do nasty things to me (talking behind my back, intrigues, etc.). The better times for me was in high school. The reason I signed up for ATS is that I'm interested in the paranormal and, rather obviously, conspiracy theories. Are there any lonely people like me here? Or anyone that was lonely at one point of their life and got better?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by michelbel

Hi michelbel, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Hefficide,
Moderator.

link   

Hi michel, welcome to the forums, if you have any questions post them here, I'm sure our friendly members can help you out. If not you are more than welcome to Private Messages(PM) me or any of the staff.

Sauron
edit on 26/1/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

link   
Well welcome to the ATS family I am sure all here will welcome you. Besides this world is strange and weird, as are we all. All of us have our quirks so don't take it hard on yourself at all. Welcome again.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Hey man and welcome, I think the majority of us have felt that way at sometime in our lives. Peaks and troughs my friend.
It generally gets better for the most, chin up

Just to clarify I was referring to the loneliness not being a reptilian!! These are human emotions and feelings - I suppose if you believe in reptilians - I think they are supposed to be immune to these kind of feelings!
edit on 26/1/2011 by LestatG because: Clarification

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Maybe you should talk to THIS Guy, apparently being a reptile is "the thing".

Oh and welcome.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

Welcome to ATS, I agree with the above poster, LestatG. We've all been at that point once in our lives. It tends to get better. As for people at your University, dont worry about them. Stay focused on learning. Good luck in the future, and here's to you make new 'friends' here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
hi ther imake happy you reached out and got your feet wet here.
Yes i was very lonley for some time growing up in my younger days but then i got married not gonna say say thats much better haha just jokeing a bit have a gander over in the below top secret area ppl get pretty chaty over there
and oh yes welcome to ATS. the last website you will ever need ever! heheh jk again

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Welcome! You're not alone, you sound very similar to myself (besides from the psychic part). I'm currently kind of a "self-induced" loner- I've been relatively popular at stages through-out my life, particularly through school, but I never felt like I belonged, and I always found people to be hard work, particularly for more prolonged periods. Like you say, I've always felt like people treated me differently too.

There's no right or wrong way to live your life- you don't have to have 3000 facebook friends and go out with friends every night, but sometimes in our 24/7 in your face society, it's hard to remember that. As long as you're happy/content with life, that's all that matters. Glad to see you don't necessarily immediately buy the reptillian explanation as well- some people are just different.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Thanks for your replies, guys.
The problem is society always talks about how evil is high school and how college/university is the greatest thing around and so on, but to be honest, it's individual. For me high school was way better, and I wasn't one of those popular guys. My university is quite small and full of those spoiled rich kids. I've never seen someone as reserved towards me as they are. It's like I want to talk with them but every time I do they make me feel unwanted.

reply to post by ScepticalBeliever

You said 'As long as you're happy/content with life, that's all that matters.', well, to be honest with you I'll never be happy/content with life if I have no friends/a girlfriend. I'm like always lonely when alone. I agree that in today's society being sociable is very important (look at job offers lol), but I don't want to have friends just because of society. See, I've been a loner for a few years, but I'll never get used to being alone/lonely. For me living without friends is useless, except my parents I have no one to talk to which sucks. Well, maybe its my fault - after several fake friends in the past I'm no longer good at communicating with others, I cannot trust people outside my family, because I feel they may hurt me the way some did before. I know that's not right, but that's who am I now after those fake friends.
edit on 26-1-2011 by michelbel because: no reason given

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hello there from a fellow loner. Nought wrong with it IMO.

I didn't enjoy uni too much either. I felt it was a bit like an American high school stereotype, clicks and groups and so on. The only advice I can give you is don't judge new people by the actions of those in the past.

Anyway you'll have plenty of folks on here who'll be more than willing to be friends, they are generally a very friendly bunch! See you around buddy!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

You know I get very mad with movies that portray high school as some kind of hell. Sure, some high schools suck and there are cliques and all, but for me university is more like hell. And there are even more cliques here! I was never some king of a popular guy or jock, but I was way more accepted than here. Hey, people in high school noticed when I bought new clothes/phone etc. and they used to start a conversation with me about it (you know, the perfectly normal small talk). Now that's no longer the case, people here are not interested in me, sometimes I feel like totally invisible. It's like I'm not alive but a background character in someone's dream. I can't wait to graduate.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
From one loner to another, welcome to ATS. I don't know much about reptilians, though. I do know about lonely, but I have 5 dogs and 3 cats, so that helps a lot. Plus, it helps save on heating bills cause those suckers really put off some btu's!
AliWV

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
hello

welcome to ats!
i feel you
i don't hang out with too many people.
some phases i hang out with people a lot.
and then not.
sometimes not at all.
it's just waves.
some are for months, some for weeks, days, years, hours, minutes..just waves. come and go. come and go. go go let go let god go
it also feels good to have time alone sometimes.
it is a good time to reflect and fix if it feels it needs to be fixed. fix it & let go.
tralala
for me, people talk too much.
i live "effortless effort", minimal, just-as-much-as-necessary...
i like it simple.
but i know what you mean with lonely we all feel like it sometimes BUT we have a choice to not feel lonely..it's all up to us.

anyway if you "get" what i am saying message me and i will delonely you

love love

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
oh and i used to have a male bearded dragon.
i was so madly in love with him. i was calling him my bf.
he was the most handsome, sexiest, smartest, cutest reptile for me.
he was right next to my closet so when i changed in front of him he'd always get nervous n move around or often just stare haha
and he loved getting his throat caressed. and i know another iguana like that!
most people don't think so but reptiles have feelings too. and they feel very well with their thick skin.
and they have fav foods and fav spots & blah

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicgoddess

Are you being serious?
Or are you just kidding?
It's not always easy to get Internet sarcasm as there's no intonation.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hi michelbel!
Welcome to ATS.
There's plenty of loners here and together we make a pretty good community

I think you will find that ATS is very different from other sites.
We encourage lively debate while being polite and showing other members the respect they deserve.
Don't sweat the girlfriend thing ~ you just haven;'t met the right one yet.
She's out there waiting to find you too.
Enjoy yourself and feel free to U2U myself or any other Moderators with any questions you might have.
We're here to help

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I wont bore you with my ideas on lonely verse's alone, not here and now anyways, so I just wanted to tell you as a loner by choice, it is good to see you on the boards.

See you around.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Welcome michelbel, once you get used to the site and find like minded people you will feel right at home. Will look for you in the threads.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Welcome Michelbel .

<<   2 >>

join