It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist: Moving Forward - Officially Released Online

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+88 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
After some hang ups following a leak of the "unofficial" version. Here's the stamped and approved one

I think at this point most people are pretty familiar with the Zeitgeist movies and associated movement.

If not here are some links:

www.zeitgeistmovie.com

The Zeitgeist Movement

I already saw this film at a screening last week and summed up my initial thoughts in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Basically, the latest film takes a lot the previous concepts from the first two and really expands on them in this one. Social conditioning versus genetics, the giant Ponzi scheme that is our entire current economic system, and some idealistic visions of what a resource based economy might look like.

Even if you don't necessarily agree with all the film's viewpoints - this is still highly recommended viewing for anyone who looks at the system today and feels, as they say in the film:

This ****'s got to GO

edit on 26-1-2011 by mc_squared because: add commentary

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

Bravo! I finished watching last night and I must say that every single man and woman on this planet should be required to watch this.

Excellent presentation!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I hope it gets subtitled soon

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

You're right, they should be.

However, I have attempted to get 3 people so far to watch it, and none of them can be bothered.

Sadly, when people hear the word documentary, it's automatically shunned. People don't want to wake up. People don't want to see the truth. Their cell phones are more important than anything else in the world.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Thanks for this, should be a great watch.
S+F

Deebo

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
18 flags, and 4 posts....How on earth does this site work? I just don't understand it sometimes.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
That has to be the best documentary film I have ever seen

Absolutely stunningly good. Everyone should see this film and I do mean everyone.

S&F

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
WOW... this is amazing..

Absoleutly amazing! Holy cow, if we could move things in the direction they talk about, and attain what is talked about, the world we be totally different..

Could you imagine, everyone taken care of, everyone having what they need.. and having the free-time?

It just bends my noodle to think it's the whole thing about money and economy are what is killing us as a people and as a civilization.

This is definitely something that should go viral.

S&F!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
18 flags, and 4 posts....How on earth does this site work? I just don't understand it sometimes.

It's a testament to how far this website has fallen if you ask me.

It's not really ATS' fault mind you, because this site is just a microcosm of what's happening to critical thinking across the world in general, and especially in America.

Look at it this way: in October 2008 when Zeitgeist Addendum was released, the subsequent ATS thread got 150 flags and over 20 pages of largely constructive responses.

Then in November Obama was elected president.

That's when this website started to become overrun by political trolls who were drawn here because they get all their anti-establishment viewpoints from Glenn Beck/Fox News/fundamentalist Republicans - i.e. people who will say and do anything they can to protect the crooked status quo.

Now here we are - just over 2 years later and there are loads of other so-called "conspiracy theorists" denouncing Zeitgeist as nothing but "New Age Communist propaganda" (to usher in the new fruity version of the NWO or something).

*face*
*palm*

One of the best parts in this new film is at the 2hr 12m mark when Peter Joseph takes a hilarious jab at these sort of automatons.

Still it amazes me how much this backwards brainless groupthink has taken over some conspiracy circles.

Zeitgeist is much more about getting people to think critically about the world they live in today, rather than just have them fall mindlessly in love with some warm fuzzy vision of tomorrow.

But obviously critical thinking is still way too hard for some people. Unfortunately the only difference between those who are "not awake" these days and some conspiracy theorists who think they are is that one is a set of sheeple, and the other is a set of paranoid sheeple.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnis
This is definitely something that should go viral.

Send it to everyone you know, and get them to send it to everyone they know.

I even sent it to my mom. She was blown away by the first two movies and made all her old lady friends watch lol

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Yes yes, get this out there..

We adapt to a new way, a complete fundamental change, or we're toast.

This has been evident for ages. The movie does an excellent job of showing that, but many have understood the unsustainability of things for a while.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The questions alone make this a mandatory watch.

This is a baseline to start discussions about the world we want to live in.

Money is not God and stealing resources/land is not the right of the empire.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Awesome documentary!!

Should be viewed by everyone alive. It makes people think and that's always good.

I'm a little upset there is not much more discussion going on here.

There are plenty of topics this movie covers and plenty worth discussing.

I love the idea of the Venus project and wish everyone would jump on board, I do not understand what is holding people back. Are they scared of change? Do they enjoy being slaves?

We need a second earth where intelligent people want this as a way of life.

Thanks!!

Pred...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
they should show this movie in schools !!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I thought Addendum was the better movie, sure Moving Forward was far more informative and personally I found it a riveting watch; but in terms of getting people to #ing do something - Addendum is where its at.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Just finished it. Its good to get a heavy Dose of Reality like this once in a while. The System we live in Today is doomed to Fail.

The best Part,in my Opinion came at the End...Because it has already began.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Most people like me flagged before watching. That's all. I thought it was great and applaud Peter for putting solutions out there. Most documentaries out there leave you feeling hopeless. That being said I feel that technology seems to disconnect people from nature. Not sure how I feel about having technology having even more control than it does now.

I'd love to see humans live more like the natives but if that don't happen I'd gladly take peters version over the one we have today.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
thanks for the heads up.. i waited up till midnite yesterday to watch it, but.. it never got put up
waiting till the kiddos go to bed to watch it, i want to give the movie my undivided attention..
im soooo ready for a change.. not obama change.. but real change,

on a side note, iv already started to get the ball rolling in my own little way.. i just finished making four 4ft x 20ft planter boxes, using mostly some wood pallets that the store was just gunna throw away... any how, im going to give 3/4 of what i grow to the any and all who need it..
my neighbor raises rabbits, and he said i can have all the rabbit poop i can shovel.. more like, all the kids can shovel, haha.. theirs my fertilizer right their.. sooo, yeah
im about to go barter some of this delicious homemade loquat jelly for a fryer rabbit or two..

the time is now.. so,dont be late..

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I watched the movie and I was disappointed in it. The first two movies had originality and out of the box thinking based on research. This movie was a rehash from outside sources all compiled together with a bunch of collective ideology.

It's a great film for people who do not look into how the world works, or who just don't have time to look into the inner workings. To me it was pointless to watch as I learned almost nothing new or interesting. I am going to look into this Venus project as this is new to me, but it seems like a bunch of wishful thinking to me.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Not sure how I feel about having technology having even more control than it does now.

Really? Watch the presentation on the venus project at the end of Addendum if you have not done so yet, the tech that's proposed not only gives our natural systems far more space and resources to recuperate, but also does so without causing any further damage. It gives us more room to be creative with and enjoy the aesthetic benefits our planet has to offer, as well as providing a greater understanding of/connection with the symbiotic relationship that nature (ourselves included) shares with the planet.

Would you rather spend your days foraging for food and evading the elements? Or pursuing your own creative dreams, whether for the perpetuation of man kind and its endeavours or otherwise? Technology should exist as a means to MAKE OUR LIVES BETTER, unfortunately it's treated as a means to profit by those who own it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join