It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN human rights official claims 9/11 was US plot

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Please feel free to show where I stated or even remotely implied that OBL has been connected to the events of 9/11 .

Atleast we can agree one thing. The official story linking bin laden as the 911 mastermind is rubbish and proven false. So that is just 1 minor thing in the mountain of other evidence showing the official story is a farce.

You are right, we can agree on that, mainly, becuase you're getting all your information from those damned fool conspiracy web sites. The "official story" isn't saying OBL was the mastermind of the 9/11 attack. It says Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was the mastermind of the 9/11 attack and OBL sponsored it. Plus there isn't even any such thing as a "official story". The 9/11 commission report interviewed many MANY witnesses from NATO generals to German intelligence agents to Mohammed Atta's girlfriend, and they pieced together the story. You're just calling it "official story" because you're looking for excuses for why you don't have to accept it or anything else that contradicts your conspiracy stories.

I have little doubt that this "human rights official" supports these ridiculous conspiracy claims for the exact same reason.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
I would really like to know where this fetish came from that someone's absurd remarks are magically valid and unimpeachable simply becuase they're a college professor. When I was in college
And then you expect people to take YOUR armchair expertise as remotely credible. His credibility supercedes yours.

His remarks are absurd in your own mind.lol.

People here and everywhere around the world did not believe in a 911 conspiracy until they reviewed the evidence. The evidence presented is what caused the official story to be partially investigated and proven full of falsehoods and misleading information to achieve an agenda that led to massive wars and millions of deaths and injuries in the middle east. So as you can see, millions of people died, america was attacked, and the evidence and explanation as to why it happened is not good enough and quite insulting. This is not a joke.
edit on 26-1-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Now that the UN is publicly talking about this issue it will hopefully get the attention and support that in needs to resolve it. Iran has been pushing for a new investigation for a while and I expect quite a few other countries would quickly and gladly support it if it looked like getting some traction. America cannot sort out the extraordinary rendition by itself and any court cases that touched on the 9/11 ground have been quickly shut down. There are quite a few other events around the place happening that can be seen as beneficial to getting on top of this problem. It is a big one and will take time to sort out. Now with the internet, communication and evidence that has built up, the people are not going to let this go like they did with the assassination of JFK. Too many have died and too much has been lost to keep up the faith in a fairy tail.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Thanks, I always love your comments on the 9/11 threads. It’s nice to have a voice of reason in the madness of the ATS forums.

Although I myself to not believe the entirety of the “official story”, it’s a hell of allot better than the conspiracy theories. I just posted this because I know some people will find it interesting.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
And then you expect people to take YOUR armchair expertise as remotely credible. His credibility supercedes yours.

You are mistaken. The question isn't why my credibility supercedes his. The question is why his credibility supercedes all the eyewitnesses testifying to the 9/11 commission. Why, for example, should I dismiss the testimony of Mohammed Atta's girlfriend who said Atta already had pilot's licenses from outer countries and was such a sociopath that he dismembered her kittens after an argument, and accept the personal opinions of some college professor who learned everything he knows about 9/11 off some conspiracy web site?

People here and everywhere around the world did not believe in a 911 conspiracy until they reviewed the evidence. The evidence presented is what caused the official story to be partially investigated and proven full of falsehoods and misleading information to achieve an agenda that led to massive wars and millions of deaths and injuries in the middle east. So as you can see, millions of people died, america was attacked, and the evidence and explanation as to why it happened is not good enough and quite insulting. This is not a joke.

No you haven't. You are proving that yourselves in spades, since after such "review of the evidence" you people are coming up with so many wild theories from controlled demolitions to lasers from outer space to hologram planes, from it's Bush's fault to it's the Jews fault to it's the fault of secret cults of Satan worshipping numerologists. You're not arriving at such conclusions from any review of the evidence. You're arriving at such conclusions as an extension of your preexisting emotional baggage, like a Rorschach test.

Unless the conspiracy was the result of Jewish orbital lasers setting off secret gov't nukes hidden in the basement and covered up by hologram airplanes created by projectors invented by the Illuminati as a science experiment by shape shifting alien reptiles, you have no choice but to acknowledge your accusations have no merit.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

People here and everywhere around the world did not believe in a 911 conspiracy until they reviewed the evidence.

And then they did believe that little government ninja gnomes snuck into the World Trade Center towers and planted TNT and thermitiaiadite and then remote controlled jet planes into the building, while other secret phantom agents made Flight 93 vanish and tiptoed into Pennsylvania and planted DNA and airplane parts. Yeh, sure.

The evidence presented is what caused the official story to be partially investigated and proven full of falsehoods and misleading information to achieve an agenda that led to massive wars and millions of deaths and injuries in the middle east.

The events of 9/11 are the most investigated criminal activity in US history. Still no evidence of any X files superplot to take over the world.

So as you can see, millions of people died, america was attacked, and the evidence and explanation as to why it happened is not good enough and quite insulting. This is not a joke.

Not good enough for you? Too bad. That is not a joke. And by the way, its America.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

Thanks, I always love your comments on the 9/11 threads. It’s nice to have a voice of reason in the madness of the ATS forums.

Although I myself to not believe the entirety of the “official story”, it’s a hell of allot better than the conspiracy theories. I just posted this because I know some people will find it interesting.

Thanks for posting.

LOL no problem...though technically I suppose I'm a "truther" as well. It's just that these crackpots are making me look bad by association with these inane claims of secret controlled demolitions, nukes in the basement, or whatever.

There are three constants in life- death, taxes, and Bush being an idiot. Could an idiot ever be able to pull off the most complex and intricate conspiracy in all of recorded human history with the stunning perfection of a supernatural act? Obviously not. However, could an idiot create such a monumental mistake somewhere that could allow a bunch of religious idiots to walk in and kill 3,00 people, Obviously, yes.

There was some monumental incompetence in the chain of command somewhere and I want to know where it was so that it won't happen again. I doubt we will ever know, since thanks to these gullible truthers who believe everything Dylan Avery and Alex Jones are shoveling out, every time someone mentions more investigations they automatically presume it's an investigation into something retarded like lasers from outer space. Incredible.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Yeah we seem to shear similar views on this, I believe any real 9/11 conspiracy theory is to be found in the aftermath of that day and not surrounding the majority of the actual events of that day or a result of missed opportunities in the days and weeks before the attack.

I hear what you are saying about some of the crackpots making the rest of us look bad. It never stops amazing me that the “truthers” find it so hard to believe the existence of a extremist terrorist cell based in Germany associated with a group called Al’Qa’ida hijacked planes to fly them into buildings on 9/11. Yet find it easy to believe that it was a massive conspiracy involving underground nuclear warheads planted by the evil Jewish satanic worshiping NWO led by reptilians (or any of the other equally crazy theories). It’s laughable.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Wow - it didnt take long for the usual suspects to join this debate.

Anyone of a slightly cynical nature would suspect that there is somehow a swift and organised response to anything questioning the official 9/11 story.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyestotheskies

Anyone of a slightly cynical nature would suspect that there is somehow a swift and organised response to anything questioning the official 9/11 story.

Not really, since all the truthers are doing here is repeating the exact same tired claims that have been debunked time after time, like how Hani Hanjour was such a bad pilot. We respond by repeating the same material we've already posted that debunks the claim all over again, like how Hani Hanjour only needed to know how to use the automatic pilot to navigate and how to fly it in a circle., and didn't care about learning how to take off, how to land, how to communicate with the control tower, or any of the other things he'd need to know to be a good pilot.

Simply wait, and in a month or so some other truther or will stumble in and post the "Hani Hanjour was a bad pilot" claim all over again. What the truthers don't have in actual tangible proof they make up for in sheer repetition.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Not really, since all the truthers are doing here is repeating the exact same tired claims that have been debunked time after time, like how Hani Hanjour was such a bad pilot. We respond by repeating the same material we've already posted that debunks the claim all over again, like how Hani Hanjour only needed to know how to use the automatic pilot to navigate and how to fly it in a circle., and didn't care about learning how to take off, how to land, how to communicate with the control tower, or any of the other things he'd need to know to be a good pilot.

Simply wait, and in a month or so some other truther or will stumble in and post the "Hani Hanjour was a bad pilot" claim all over again. What the truthers don't have in actual tangible proof they make up for in sheer repetition.

Yes really.

I am a curious onlooker from another continent with no vested interest and no axe to grind, and furthermore I dont swallow alot of the conspiracy sites that talk about holograms, no planes etc.

What I do see are alot of individual official accounts that do not add up and it just makes me more curious and I gain an appetite for the truth. Particularly because the US government has no interest in dispelling some of the allegations that could easily be dispelled if they had an interest in doing so. The official investigation was shockingly bad in my view and the individuals in power at the time were very unco-operative and unforthcoming. However to ordinary people the issues will not go away. Do you not see any of that?

The UN official has as far as I can see has no vested interest either - apart from saying it as he sees it...
edit on 26-1-2011 by eyestotheskies because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2011 by eyestotheskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

What I do see are alot of individual official accounts that do not add up and it just makes me more curious and I gain an appetite for the truth. Particularly because the US government has no interest in dispelling some of the allegations that could easily be dispelled if they had an interest in doing so. The official investigation was shockingly bad in my view and the individuals in power at the time were very unco-operative and unforthcoming. However to ordinary people the issues will not go away. Do you not see any of that?

Of course I see that. The one question which to me seems to be the most glaringly obvious question that needed to be answered was never answered, namely, WHY did the hijackers do it? Were they religious zealots? Were they naive kids brain washed by Bin Laden's hate cult? Were they simply sociopathic? Did only the pilots themselves know it was a suicide mission and all the other hijackers were led to believe it was an ordinary hijacking? I don't know about you but those questions definitely crossed my mind.

The point is this- just because there are questions to be answered, it does NOT give the conspiracy mongors the right to use the vaccuum to push their personal abject paranoia onto people. Obviously a lot of people have anti-Israel hangups, but twisting every little detail to make the attack appear like it was a plot from the Jewish World Order isn't an honest search for the truth. It's USING the suffering of others to advance their own personal politics. It's one thing to look at the evidence to see if there's a possibility of conspiracy, but it's another thing entirely to brand everyone and everything contradicting theseconspiracy theories as being Jewish secret agents or gov't disinformation in knee jerk paranoid reflex.

Do YOU not see any of that?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

Actually you are way wrong on that 9/11 wasn't investigated as much as clinton's sex life, so you can accuse everyone else of not researching, but you're way off base, if you google hard enough there's an article with the money spent on investigations and 911 came out pretty darn cheap.

And to goololdave, way to lump every numbnutz conspiracy fart into 1 giant pissload of crap. thermite residue, norad, war games, advanced warning, people like me want answers. How did jet fuel burn hot enough, and long enough, to melt certified steel that can go up to 1800 degrees, yet not burn the people standing in the impact hole?

WTF do lasers and nukes have to do with anything? nothing, that's shills and morons trying to discredit the real work going.

The NIST report ignores building 7 completely, ignores important witness testimony SNIP and fails basic high school level physics. Popular mechanics, another thing you guys love to throw out there, used a model for the WTC that in no way matches the construction of that building, and invented a magic pancake theory.

when THAT was proven to be false, they invented thermal expansion, that only affects buildings at the world trade center.
edit on 26-1-2011 by Crakeur because: removed childish personal attack

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I believe the original plan was made by Bin Laden, or someone along those lines. But the goverment definitely knew about that. There's a huge load of evidence that pretty much every move of those terrorist groups were watched. (50 facts thread) US government knew, and let it happen. Either that or they have the crappiest army ever. I think it's very possible that they even helped to make it look even worse. I used to think the whole thing was an inside job, but what really made me change my mind was Osama's message. It was so... touching. I had no idea that the US actually attacked Aghanistan BEFORE 9/11. I know this sounds cruel, but you guys definitely had it coming, just like every terrorist attack that has been done and will be done. How many terrorists there were before the wars in middle east? Maybe none? I don't support terrorism in any way, it's horrible and plain wrong. But acting to be a victim is just pathetic and hypocritic. There's no victims in this war. Just heartless douchebags. And innocent citizens have to pay for that.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Are you saying all testimonies were allowed into the 911 commission report good ole dave?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
So when is the world going to start laughing at the nation which put men on the Moon but produces college graduates with degrees in physics that can't apply Newtonian physics to skyscrapers?

www.youtube.com...

psik

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I stopped reading here:

And he described David Ray Griffin, a conspiracy theorist highly regarded in the so-called "9/11 truth" movement, as a "scholar of high integrity" whose book on the subject was "authoritative".

Anyone and I mean ANYONE who calls Griffin a "scholar of high integrity" is a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

edit on 26-1-2011 by Six Sigma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Christ Dave your still pushing that "damned fooled conspiracy sites" drivel (second favorite word of yours) falling over yourself to discredit the facts surrounding 9/11. I see you have reached a new level of ridiculousness by now claiming that "there is no official story"
. That is seriously the most outrageous claim ever made in this forum. What then have you been defending all this time? What then constitutes a "damned fooled conspiracy"? What then do you call the version of events that the officials have regurgitated time and time again into their media mouthpieces for mass consumption. Its honestly not my intent to attack you personally but when you refuse to ever acknowledge proof that is constantly provided while continuously pushing a known lie, what choice do you leave any of us.
I know you will immediately focus on me saying that you never acknowledge proof by saying something like, prove to me there were holograms or nukes or your tried and true favorite of there were no cables leading out of the building and nobody saw them putting charges in so its somehow impossible for there to be explosive charges. Virtually no one believes the planes were holograms, or that nukes were used, and you're right about nobody claiming to have seen any cables or detonators; but that is basically where your argument will end.
There were explosions seen, heard, and felt by those who were there, they are obvious on many videos that I know for a fact you have already seen...and ignored...and NO they were ABSOLUTELY NOT puffs of air that is damned fooled drivel if I've ever heard it. Not to mention that explosions are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the inconsistencies, lies, misinformation, and tragedies related to 9/11.
The ironic thing is that while there absolutely IS an official story, there ABSOLUTELY IS NOT an official conspiracy theory. The ONLY thing that us damned fooled "truthers" know with 100% certainty is that our elected and appointed officials are lying their @sses off when it comes to 9/11. Thousands of professionals with expertise that directly correlates with significant aspects of the events have been and still are saying the same thing...that the "official story" which YOU claim does not even exist, is a bunch of BS! You might as well tell us that there is no official story when it comes to Pearl Harbor, or the Boston Massacre! Grow up a little, its okay to be wrong. Please, stop attacking every single person who is doing a patriotic and noble thing by pointing out this enormous lie and in many cases proving it, its completely unprofessional and disrespectful.

I look forward to your response, take your time, and hit me where it hurts.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I said on that day they let it happen, no one can do anything in america without them knowing, and thats been proven plenty times over now. We all knew they would blame bin laden. There is absolutely no way they did not know it would happen.

But it comes down to whether it was let happen and who did it. If america let it happen, they are just as big as murderers as who ever did it.
edit on 1/26/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by phishybongwaters

How did jet fuel burn hot enough, and long enough, to melt certified steel

Here we go again ... for the umpteenth time ... NO STEEL WAS MELTED AT THE WORLD TRADE CENTER .

If you disagree with this , then PLEASE show me a photo of a solidified chunk of steel that melted and then cooled back into a solid form .

JUST ONE PHOTO will do . You'd think that with all the times this crap has been said , SOMEONE would have produced a photo of re-solidified steel by now !

Funny thing is , NO ONE has .

Come on , show me just one photo of re-solidified steel .

And , I'll save you some trouble , the "meteorite" is not a chunk of re-solidified steel .

NOWHERE , in everything I have looked at for the last ten years , have I ever seen ONE photo of re-solidified steel . But , please feel free to produce one .

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join