It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY Can't an American claim refugee status in any country?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I have been thinking about this a lot. We here are under tyranny and being treated worse than third world country citizens. We have higher infant mortality rates then most any other country, a shorter life span, and a lower quality of living. Now I am talking any ordinary citizen, not one of the top 5% wage earners. They have the screws to us. We are made to go in debt or if you don't go into debt by getting a college education, then you struggle daily just to make ends meet and there's no quality of living in that, my friends. On top of this we get to watch illegals and citizen crackheads and just the lowest scumbags of Amerca given all kinds of services we ourselves are not able to take advantage of. And they get our jobs too, well the illegals do, the crackheads and scumbags are too stupid to work(or think) so they're perfect in the government's eyes: "sheeple"!

And so ATS, I ask you why with all our tyranny and corruption cannot a citizen of the USA get refugee status anywhere????:

edit on 25-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: To make sentence larger

edit on 25-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: fix a face

edit on 25-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: SPELLING

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Because the US image is all based on deception, if the US allowed its citizens to migrate as refugee status, then the image of US will be destroyed.

N-Korea is no different, but N-Korea is more concerned about internal deception than external deception. Since US is an empire, it is concerned about both internal deception and external.

Too bad the whole world knows what Americans are facing, except Americans who are being bombarded with heavy propaganda from every corner.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Because, we are the slaves who pay for everyone else to live like kings.

If I left this wonderious country, that would be one less revenue drone to line the pockets of, basically everyone around me.

But we did get a nice lip service from the "president" tonight. So, be happy drone, and get to bed, you have work in the morning

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sicksonezer0
Because, we are the slaves who pay for everyone else to live like kings.

If I left this wonderious country, that would be one less revenue drone to line the pockets of, basically everyone around me.

But we did get a nice lip service from the "president" tonight. So, be happy drone, and get to bed, you have work in the morning

I don't have work, hahahaha, like millions of americans I am unemployed and oh can't get unemployment (never qualified), can't get all the other bennies I paid for for over like 20 years+; like welfare or food stamps, so now I do side work, cleaning homes and whatever, driving people around, whatever I can do. LOL! I am my own boss, which means I work when I want and don't when I don't wanna. Thankfully there is another income earner in the household, haha, paid under the table too!!! EF THE GUBBMENT!!!!

edit on 25-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hi, I have to ask - what countries has the OP applied for, what processes did you go thru & what reasons did they give for declining your application?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Are you serious? A refugee? From America?

Where is this country you want to move to where everything is so much better?

You do realise you are free to leave at any time, go to any country you choose. Why must you proclaim yourself a REFUGEE? in saying that, you imply you want charity and REFUGE of some type.

This isnt a third or second world country, nor is it ravaged by war, civil or otherwise. You have it good here and people in some countries would give their right arm to be in your shoes.

As I said, you are free to piss off to any country you like, any time you like. Thats what being free means. There is a world of difference in being free and being a freeloader.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

You can expect a knock at the door from the IRS tomorrow for that statement. lol

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamus78
Hi, I have to ask - what countries has the OP applied for, what processes did you go thru & what reasons did they give for declining your application?

I actually haven't applied as I seem to be too old for any of the places I checked online, Suffice it to say, without being able to claim refugee status, I am pretty much screwed. :/ Oh and the UK is not even taking general immigration apps anymore. ERRR!!!! I will have an associates degree in a few short months, but for my field they all want bachelor's degrees, and some don't even take the skill I am acquiring (IT).
Well maybe one of my kids will and then sponsor me???
edit on 25-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: freakin space bar
ACK!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by angus1745

You do realise you are free to leave at any time, go to any country you choose. Why must you proclaim yourself a REFUGEE? in saying that, you imply you want charity and REFUGE of some type.

This isnt a third or second world country, nor is it ravaged by war, civil or otherwise. You have it good here and people in some countries would give their right arm to be in your shoes.

As I said, you are free to piss off to any country you like, any time you like. Thats what being free means. There is a world of difference in being free and being a freeloader.

Check out some more threads on ATS. We are not as free as you think.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

OP:

Yes, have you applied to N. Korea, or Iran recently?

With your sentiments, they might just approve you!

edit on 25-1-2011 by sonjah1 because: backspace

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
last time I looked if you wish to leave the US all you need is:

1) A passport (required by the country you are going to, not to leave mind you)
2) A VISA for the country you are heading to

Thats pretty much it. if you wish to leave, its not exactly a North Korea situation eh?

Also Id like the same question posted above answered. Where exactly are you heading to claim your refugee status?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Reply to post by angus1745

you make a good point. There are many, many ways to legally immigrate into another country - taking into account age, family history, historical rights, work history & skills and many other aspects. Claiming refugee status is a last resort and if improperly used will always be rejected. Which is why I'm curious if the OP had actually tried or was just whineing :-)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by angus1745

Two things wrong with your statement One: I would never ever wanna be an illegal, my morals won't let me, I would sooner stay here and tough it out then passing someone else's border illegally like the dispicables that I despise doing it on ours and two, just because I want to claim refugee status doesn't mean I want any services, I just want to like I said to immigrate LEGALLY!!!!! I have enough equity in this house to get there and live for many months and I know I could find work in IT somewhere there. wherever there may be. Ahhh I'll try Germany and Italy since there I actually have family and that makes it easier to get citizenship!
edit on 25-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: WTF IS WRONG WITH MY SPACE BAR AND KEYBOARD ACK!!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
last time I looked if you wish to leave the US all you need is:

1) A passport (required by the country you are going to, not to leave mind you)
2) A VISA for the country you are heading to

Thats pretty much it. if you wish to leave, its not exactly a North Korea situation eh?

Also Id like the same question posted above answered. Where exactly are you heading to claim your refugee status?

There are many people who want to leave the US, but they can't, because the US has the logistics to lock them up before they leave, once you are in prison, and get freed, you won't be accepted in other countries easily. Those who do leave, such as Mr. Al-Awlaki, leave illegally, and live in hiding because US tentacles reach all over the world. The poor man is in US kill or capture list just because his speeches tell a different story regarding US foreign policy.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Reply to post by angus1745

you make a good point. There are many, many ways to legally immigrate into another country - taking into account age, family history, historical rights, work history & skills and many other aspects. Claiming refugee status is a last resort and if improperly used will always be rejected. Which is why I'm curious if the OP had actually tried or was just whineing :-)

Apparently I am over the age limit; how many points for 35+ = 0 , so my age is over the limit
and apparently not so many countries want IT professionals unless they've got a bachelors and by that time I'd be even older it's not looking too promising. Looks like I have to suck it up. I hope my kids get out though!
edit on 25-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling grrrrrrrrrrrr

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Well at least 2 people have sought refugee status north of the border in Canada within tha past few months....

Let me find the story....

oh here it is:
Randy & Evi Quaid Seek Refugee Status

There ya go, not impossible

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
Well at least 2 people have sought refugee status north of the border in Canada within tha past few months....

Let me find the story....

oh here it is:
Randy & Evi Quaid Seek Refugee Status

There ya go, not impossible

Wow that' unbeleivable I didn't know that actually someone did this thanks for the link.
If I don't get out, I am ging to make sure my kids do!!! My son wants to mov to Japan, I told him GO FOR IT!!!!

WAIT $9,750 for vandelism? Then upped to $500,000, that's extortion! But not persecution...ugh celebrities ...

edit on 25-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: added stuff

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

The best quote from the article:

During a break in the proceedings, the Quaids' lawyer, Brian Tsuji approached the media to read a single-sentence statement from the Quaids. "We are requesting asylum from Hollywood star whackers," he read, declining further comment on the mental state of his clients.

A long way from kidnapping Clark Griswold's boss and delivering him on Christmas Eve huh?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I dont honestly understand why anyone would want to leave the US rather than do their part in making things right..
Maybe I dont understand the reasoning but I just cant conceive of it. Ive been all over the world and I cant think of any place I would ever call home but here.. even with all of the problems.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
I dont honestly understand why anyone would want to leave the US rather than do their part in making things right..
Maybe I dont understand the reasoning but I just cant conceive of it. Ive been all over the world and I cant think of any place I would ever call home but here.. even with all of the problems.

You have no idea the fights I have had throughout this entire nation, you have no idea, now I am tired and I just want to rest...there's no freaking fight left in me, it's either I get out or the depression is going to kill me, it's going to be me and a pistol or a rope, I can't fight no more. There's no use. It won't get anything done anyway, I have learned this the hard way belive me! They have accomplished their goal many of us are hopeless especially in my age group!
edit on 25-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling & adding something

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join