It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STATE of the UNION Address, 1-25-2011

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This is the thread to discuss the President's SOTU speech.

So far, I have heard that we are recovering, our economy is better, wall street has rebounded, and a lot of discussion about the internet and innovation.

Share your thoughts here.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
naw expect something worse. Obama is only giving empty promises. It won't be long before people will be rioting like in Europe

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
nothing like listening to the Ahem puppet read a speech he did not even write.

What a great smart puppet we have running our country..

Can't even speak for himself. Or the people he Governs.

fasten your seatbelts Americans.
edit on 25-1-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I didn't watch it... Does that make me a bad person?

I haven't watched him since I found out about the teleprompter.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Just tuned in and I've already heard the word "jobs" five times, and not once have I heard "healthcare".
Seems he is two years behind his priorities.

Make that six.
Oops seven....eight

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Listing to the speech now, not being truthful when it comes to internet and technology. He goes and saying about innovation, facebook and google are parts of our lives and the internet. How about your other agenda Obama? Where he wants to censor websites/domaints and parts of the internet, take control of the internet and go against our freedom. Not talking about internet ID?
edit on 25-1-2011 by Yurimaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Now he is slamming the Super Bowl all because his team lost.
Just last week he was making plans on attending.

link   
ya I lost respect with this guy, when i learned he just reads a teleprompter and acts like he is smart..

basically he is proving all you need is $$ and can read and you can be president. Not brains or idea's.

not the first or the last but the first one to get me to understand, its opera.

link   
I am watching it on ABC.

The President is invoking Sputnik and the Space Race, BioMedical research, clean technology. He is discussing investing in these and creating jobs in these categories.

Talk about wind and solar power, breaking dependence on oil, having a million electric vehicles ont he roads by 2050. Asking congress to fund the initiatives by cutting perks to oil companies, saying they are doing fine on their own! Asking us to invest in clean energies.

Lots of clapping.

Discussing producing jobs in America not overseas, and education of our children demanding higher education college for future jobs.

Discussing now parental oversight of television watching, and for parents to encourage kids to do science fairs instead. Teach our children success is not Hollywood fame, and our schools share this responsibility. Talking about failing schools, Race to the Top program.

Biden nodding a lot, trying to start a clapfest, failed, still nodding.

Replacing No Child Left behind, lots of clapping there!

Still discussing education.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
17-22% unemployment

Wall Street has NOTHING to do with the economy, it has to do with how the investment folks are doing. And actually, for about 4 years, has NOTHING to do with anything in reality. Tell me folks, where is all that quantitative easing money is going? Any idea?

How goes the war on terror?

How goes Gitmo?

How goes the pensions that are destroying the state budgets? Bankruptcy? How bout the munies and bonds?

How goes the criminal invasion?

How goes the sovereignty of the US?

How goes........................................ How bout a TRUE SOTU?

Tell you what, the ATS community should create a SOTU. How bout it?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'm sure there is a certain level of fear among those who are less than knowledgeable of world history. IMHO the world is just returning to a "Multi-Polar" world. I feel too many here at ATS are either too young to remember or simply are unaware [ignorant] of the historical reality of how potentially dangerous a multi-polar world really can be.

It doesn't mean the US, Russia and or China will kick off WW-III by fighting each other but it could possibly be set off by smaller nuclear armed nations between themselves. The US, Russia and China do have a good track record of preventing the Big one from kicking off.

It's an unknown....

People fear the unknown. They always have. Many Americans have had the delusion of being in charge of their lives, but the reality is that most of us are and have been just along for the ride anyways. Also I might add it's not just "The American" there are a very large percentage of non Americans globally who are raising concerns. Like it or not the US has been able to create a certain level of Global homogeneity. The EU, Japan and our other global "Allies" Know the American and how we've had our political dirty laundry exposed for not just Americans but everybody abroad in their countries to admire, scoff or hate.

Which has had an impact on our policies, Good, Bad or Indifferently...

However China's internal politics are and have been largely closed off to outside opinion and influence and they absolutely hate being scoffed and critiqued.

Does this mean the New Landlord will be able to influence the globe in a similar manner? It will certainly be interesting to watch how this will unfold. I'm not fearful. I understand the historical context and examples we have seen in recent history. The Soviet Union collapsed yet Russia still stands. Why? Because they had a large Nuclear stockpile. For those who are either chomping at the bit waiting for the demise of the US or for those who have not educated themselves and fear an American Implosion. Tough luck. It aint going to happen....

Can US companies compete, thrive and grow being #2?

Yes.

All I have to do is look to the last century. Japan and Germany were totally and completely smashed beyond belief. Their infrastructure and financial institutions were in tatters and were in a much much worse off position than anything the US is or will be in.

Yet they came back in only a matter of decades to become economic powerhouses.

My $ .02

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
the SOTU is nothing but a psy-op
from TPTB.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Ehhhhh, I argue that point.

Do you think that it is our responsibility to keep these smaller nations on the straight and narrow?

To me, that is part of the blowback component.

The world has been in a state of war for 60 years. It has never stopped. Maybe a different tact is necessary?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Tell you what, the ATS community should create a SOTU. How bout it?

now that is a GREAT idea !!!
create our own SOTU with real
truth meat and potatoes.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
IMO, it's all alot of big talk and no action just like last time. None of it will happen and if any of it happens, it will be a miracle.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Does everybody hate Obama....I'm not to political, but I am all for the sh!t he is addressing.... Eduction, free energy, stoping big oil companies, improving technology, rebuilding america....whats so wrong???

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Hey, I was not being partisan only. How bout everyone put in their gripes. That would show the truth of all our grievances.

Uh oh, that could be considered something else.

SO WHAT, I will start it.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SirKnightE

Hey, I do NOT hate Obama, that is a misnomer.

I HATE his policies as I HATED Bush's policies.

link   

Originally posted by SirKnightE
Does everybody hate Obama....I'm not to political, but I am all for the sh!t he is addressing.... Eduction, free energy, stoping big oil companies, improving technology, rebuilding america....whats so wrong???

Its all lies spewing from a sockpuppet while Rome burns.

That's what's so wrong.

Its easy to take credit for Kennedy's 1960's space program while gutting NASA. Its easy to get fellow parasites to clap for your spew. Its easy to flap yer yap instead of working. It's SO easy!

edit on 25-1-2011 by Chakotay because: For the Halibut...

link   
Woo 10.000 For 4 Years of College, That's what I'm Talking about.
At least he has the right idea.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join