It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Is Happening At Glacier Peak, Washington NOW (1/25/11)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
since those links will expire, here are some screen shots:

Twelve hr view:

Six hr view, same seismo:

In the above image, you can clearly see the 1.9 quake near Tacoma/Seattle at about 21:54 UTC. Before that,you see a larger, (local?) quake at about 21:13 UTC, in between the local, prolonged 'event'.

Here is the siesmo provided by Annmarie. It is why I was thinking HT:

edit on 25-1-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I don't know alot, but they sure look like HT's to me! I hope its not - how far away is it from you westcoast? Hopefully at most it's just having a grumble and settles back down!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

As the crow flies....about 40 miles. Which is why it has me a bit nervous.

If there is the potential for 5times the strength of Helens....yup, ANY hiccup there is gonna get my attention FAST!!!

Also of note, if you go THIS wonderful map, zoom in and look to the east of everett. It is the red triangle on the white mountain top near Mt Berge. That is Glacier Peak. If you look a bit to the north near Rockport, you will see it shows up on the six hour seismo. Now look to the SE of Glacier and click on the red triangle near lake wenatchee....that is where it looks a lot like HT too.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Is this Rainer or Mount Saint Helens or around Hood? Sorry at first I was like Glacier Park is in Montana what are you talking about? But now I understand I am just wondering what Mountain its by.

PS: NEVER MIND I CAN READ I SWEAR!
edit on 25-1-2011 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Excuse me...find it very interesting about Glacier Peak...but when was the last time you took a look at Mt. Baker real time? You can access it from the last link you posted. Baker is mighty busy for the last few days.

Glacier Peak, on the other hand, according to the real time is not really that bad.

Keep an eye on Mt. Baker.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Westcoast, I wonder if the rumbing you have been hearing of late is related? :-) Stay safe my friend!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

Thanks for the advice....I always keep a close eye on Baker. You are right, it HAS been more active lately. However, it is NOTHING compared to what Glacier just did. The ONLY non-seismic thing I can think of that may have affected the seismos that way, is possible an avalanche. But giving what the IRIS siesmo shows...that would be one heck of a loooooonnnng avalanche, so I think it's pretty clear the mountain was saying SOMETHING, just not sure what yet.

Okay, check THIS out. Looks like something similar happened yesterday.
AND...the day before. different times than today though and today was MUCH larger. Hmmmmm...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well, thanks for the info, anyway...oh, and btw...why did you edit out the map and the real time readings on your original post?...the reading you posted with the large activity is from the 23rd of January. What was the site of the real time reading again?

ETA: My bad, you changed the reading again to reflect the 25th...

edit on 25-1-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

Originally posted by gemineye
reply to post by westcoast

I don't know much about reading these, but I'm assuming this isn't normal! A couple of those look scary, even to my untrained eye.

Keep us updated! Have you actually felt any quakes? I hope nothing big happens!

Curious about that myself: have you experienced any shaking or rumblings?

We east coast folks are getting weird almost sonic booms without the actual sound part, just more like a shockwave.
where are you feeling a shockwave?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I had a dream a few weeks ago that a volcano blew in the northwest. In my dream, it was mostly an ash event to start, began with big rumblings, and even though there was damage and chaos, it wasn't an end of the world dream.

I live on the east coast. I wasn't watching disaster movies or the like - it was an out of the blue dream.

Totally un-scientific but there you go.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
We had 2 booms in one day about 1 1/2 weeks ago in N Indiana. Not too long after we experienced the unusual quake. The only sound was that of the windows and house shaking? Still don't know what that was?

Any updates on the sesmics in Washington? A lot of activity going on lately - has me a little edgy.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Thanks for all the comments. I am definately open to any and all ideas. Puterman is still trying to get ahold of the data he needs in order to analyze it better. My thing is that it shows up on other nearby stations, so I don't think this this is something just going on with that seismometer. It is not weather. Also, looking at the iris seismo (the last screen shot I posted) you can clearly see other smaller quake-like events leading up and after that HT looking action.

HERE is a link that site updated to the 26th UTC. You can see it is still quite active. The Harmonic tremor-like activity is still gone, but lots going on. This reminds me of the last time helens had HT:

On a side note, in regards to the rumbling I have been hearing lately....I don't think they are really related, but then I wouldn't really be surprised to find out if they were. Make sense?

I went for a brief walk a bit ago since the sun came out and I needed to get away from this computer. The rumbling was quite loud. I think I'm getting paranoid though. I saw some strange clouds and two really nice sun dogs (some people call them earthquake clouds). I only had my phone with me and by the time I got back and had my good camera it was gone. I managed to get a so-so shot with my phone, for any that are interested.

Edit to add: This is looking to my SW...so out towards Puget Sound. Glacier Peak is to the SE...directly opposite.

The wierd clouds happened later after I had my camera. I got some pics, but now am on a laptop without access to those pics. I'll post it later.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I certainly appreciate your hard work here. I'm afraid I don't understand the graphs. It looks like they are showing ten minutes per line, one after the other. When there is an 'event' it can trace over the other lines since they are not very far apart. Of course I can see the graphs, but what do they mean? Is this a Richter scale of some sort? There does not appear to be a legend, plus they use different colors. Most of the events are relatively small, but what are they?

If you remember, fans stmping and yelling at a Seahawks game a couplke of weeks ago caused the seisometer next to Qwest Field to register. Do you have any sense of scale here? Thanks.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

On a side note, in regards to the rumbling I have been hearing lately....I don't think they are really related, but then I wouldn't really be surprised to find out if they were.

what do you mean when you say you hear rumbling? Is this literal? Inside? Outside? All the time? etc.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
seems lately 10 volcanos in Indonesia
have become active. dont know if its related
but this is footage from Indonesia in Nov. 2010.

and this is from Oct. 2010

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Please stay safe, and thank you for the great picture of the sundog. I have nothing scientific to add, so 'thank you' is all I can say.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I would like to suggest that if you or anyone you know has video equipment that can facilitate "time-lapse" photographs...now might be the time to start photographing. All kidding aside, if Glacier Peak blows and you get it on tape or photographs, safe to say you will paid rather well by news orgs and such.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ns9504

Originally posted by westcoast

On a side note, in regards to the rumbling I have been hearing lately....I don't think they are really related, but then I wouldn't really be surprised to find out if they were.

what do you mean when you say you hear rumbling? Is this literal? Inside? Outside? All the time? etc.

Westcoast has had an ongoing thread for a month or so with the rumbling heard in WA State, it's really interesting - here's the LINK

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Sorry, the graphs ARE hard to read, and even though i have been studying them for years, it is hard to interpret them. That is why I love ATS, I have friends here that are MUCH better at reading them than myself.

For comarison, if you look at the white background/blue graphs, you can see the 1.9 quake near Tacoma at about 2154. You can see how it compares to the seismo before it. It depends on how far away the quake is, as to how big it shows up and where. Typically, quakes start with a sharp 'bang' followed by waves. So it starts out as a sharp line, tapering down. This is one way to tell difference between different events.

I'm on my lap top so I don't have access to some of my lins...I'll post examples later.

Simply put, this appears to be a local event, that if it is anything other than interference made a BIG impact on the seismos. However, since it showed up on other nearby stations, I don't think it is simply something big going by next to it (such as a snow plow or something).

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ns9504

Sorry, I was referring to another phenomenom I have been writing about. There is a link to that thread in my sig line. It is outside...a rumbling similar to distant thunber, but with a different quality. If you are at all interested, take a look at the thread. Turns out there are similar stories from around the states.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join