It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura Sues TSA in Pat-Down Smackdown!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by theRhenn

Even if Ron Paul or Jesse Ventura got elected to President, which will never happen, the top 100 corporations' money will absolutely dominate the country's policies & procedures, like it has been doing for 100+ yrs. Don't vote, it only encourages them.

At least we'd have someone standing in front of us giving us the knowledge we need so we as a people could react as a people instead of clueless sheep awaiting the shears.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Seeing how my Swedish roots come from Minnesota I totally understand why Jesse has decided to challenge the illegal use of force on any citizen of the USA who uses domestic flights ... come on if the government really wanted to protect us they would have stop immigration at the borders. It seems obvious to me the government doesn't want to protect its citizens but would prefer to incite rebellion. Only God knows why.

Its going to be a long battle but I'm sure it will be heard by the Supreme Court.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Everyone that has been patted or screened in the airports should be sueing the tsa,it's the only way to stop these criminals!!....GO JESSE!!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Unfortunately, while I normally support "the body" in his endeavors, this one is very likely to fail.

By buying his ticket, and using the services of the airline, Governor Ventura voluntarily agreed to the terms and conditions of both the airline and the airport, which includes both TSA full body scans and pat downs.

This is an attention grabber, plain and simple, and he will lose. He doesn't have a legal basis for this challenge, as he voluntarily gave up his rights (as does everyone else) by agreeing to the terms and conditions when travelling.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I just don't get this at all. I've got a titanium rod in my leg from where I snapped my shin in two. Yeah, if I go to an airport I expect to have to go through a big 'make me naked' x-ray machine or, if I didn't want to do that, then I'd get a Pat-Down. BIG FREAKIN' DEAL!!! I'm TOTALLY happy to do either one, ya know why? Because I might not have a Titanium rod...I might have a bomb! Or a gun. Or, a freakin' Samuri Sword (although I'd hate to think where I would have to hide it!) My point is....people need to STOP BEING HUGE BABIES. Yeah...if Jesse Ventura sets off the metal detector I don't want someone saying "oh, he's ok...its just Jesse Ventura...he's a Celebrity, he won't hurt us". Thats total BS. Jesse mentions he's served our country. Big Deal. So have a hell of a lot of other people, who have then gone on to go completely nuts! I'm not saying a man doesn't deserve respect because of what they have done for the country, but I am saying that they should not get passed over for security checks because someone makes an assumption. Wasn't it a "Sharp dressed" and obviously important individual who aided Northwest flight "Christmas Bomber" Umar Mutallab onto a plane, bypassing the regular rig-a-ma-roll? And yet Jesse Ventura thinks he deserves special treatment?!?! Shame on him! And shame on anyone who can't understand that there IS some circumstances where added security is a GOOD thing. Of all of the horrible things going on in America, THIS is the thing that Jesse thinks is serious enough for a lawsuit?!?! I just lost major respect for the man.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Nope eehhh wrong answer.... You can not agree to a forceful violation of your rights.

The federal govermment CANNOT search you or seize your property without a warrant or a valid reason to suspect that you have commited a crime. Flying on a plane is not a valid reason.

As far as signing an agreement with the airlines, that would ONLY be true if the airlines implemented the policies and enforced them.

As it stands the airlines are required to submit to the TSA guidelines which are in violation of the fourth amendment...

Jaden

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
By buying his ticket, and using the services of the airline, Governor Ventura voluntarily agreed to the terms and conditions of both the airline and the airport, which includes both TSA full body scans and pat downs.
So, according to you, once you buy a service you consent your Constitutional rights away? Everything is permissible once you willingly sign-up for or buy a service or a product?

Could the TSA demand everyone to strip completely? Could the TSA demand only attractive women to strip? Could the TSA demand only non-white people to go through the scanners? Hey, they bought the ticket and voluntarily agreed to the terms, right?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
I just don't get this at all. I've got a titanium rod in my leg from where I snapped my shin in two. Yeah, if I go to an airport I expect to have to go through a big 'make me naked' x-ray machine or, if I didn't want to do that, then I'd get a Pat-Down. BIG FREAKIN' DEAL!!! I'm TOTALLY happy to do either one, ya know why? Because I might not have a Titanium rod...I might have a bomb! Or a gun. Or, a freakin' Samuri Sword (although I'd hate to think where I would have to hide it!) My point is....people need to STOP BEING HUGE BABIES. Yeah...if Jesse Ventura sets off the metal detector I don't want someone saying "oh, he's ok...its just Jesse Ventura...he's a Celebrity, he won't hurt us". Thats total BS. Jesse mentions he's served our country. Big Deal. So have a hell of a lot of other people, who have then gone on to go completely nuts! I'm not saying a man doesn't deserve respect because of what they have done for the country, but I am saying that they should not get passed over for security checks because someone makes an assumption. Wasn't it a "Sharp dressed" and obviously important individual who aided Northwest flight "Christmas Bomber" Umar Mutallab onto a plane, bypassing the regular rig-a-ma-roll? And yet Jesse Ventura thinks he deserves special treatment?!?! Shame on him! And shame on anyone who can't understand that there IS some circumstances where added security is a GOOD thing. Of all of the horrible things going on in America, THIS is the thing that Jesse thinks is serious enough for a lawsuit?!?! I just lost major respect for the man.

It's people like you that make it so easy for them to take away our rights.
edit on 25-1-2011 by CayceFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

I"m not saying that the procedures shouldn't be in place. I'm saying that the Federal governenment is required by law to NOT implement them as it violates our fourht amendment rights. The individual airlines and or airports are responsible for ensuring safety and so long as it is not a government mandate, mandated and run by them, then the argument that I am agreeing to it holds merit. As long as it is the governement implementing it, it is illegal and needs to be stopped. So what if someone brings down a plane. Allow ALL of our constitutional rights including the right to keep and bear arms and I promise you it won't happen more than once.

Jaden

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I agree with others that there should be one or more class action lawsuits, maybe led by Ventura.

That would get the governments attention.

As far as the outcome, who decided the TSA solely got to make and enforce the rules? It is the airlines providing the service. They should be the one do decide how much security is needed. I see almost no input/control by the airlines over this process.

Ideally, security should be airline specific. I go with airline x, i get security y. So people have some choice. That is what democracy and free enterprise is about, right? And that would not prevent airlines from getting together and maybe contracting out the security, but that would be their decision. And the airlines would have an incentive to keep the process cost efficient and convenient, which the TSA could care less about.

Given TSA's record, their security sure doesn't seem to be working. The airlines would probably focus a lot more on 'profile' based screening, which has been proven to work.

So right now, it is TSA or the highway, literally. Unless these lawsuits work!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

The use of dogs are already implemented... alongside the pat-downs and the machines. The last time I was at the airport (it was Philadelphia) their were a few dogs walking around the airport, and one by the metal detectors. Obviously the other dogs are being used to sniff around people who've already gotten past security and to see if they can find any drugs/explosives - but why not use more around the detectors instead as well?

Good point Borg, by the way. I think people are going to need to start using other means of transportation to actually see a change in how things are being ran right now to be honest (which I see others are in agreement with).

People filing lawsuits... well that's always going to happen. Ventura filing one, good for him; he has money and a name for himself which will help publicize his lawsuit much more. But overall things wont change until a majority/mass amount of people do something about what is going on. And because so many people use planes for business and travel, and it's much more convenient than driving 14 hours to Florida, people are going to continue using them regardless.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryk42

Originally posted by GhostLancer
This is a situation where the government is damned if it does and damned if it doesn't.

I disagree - the solution to this problem has already been posted by TheBorg - use dogs - they are cheap and effective and no one's rights are violated.

Hey, this is exactly why I posted that quote. Dogs sound like a great solution. Is it true that they can sniff explosives material hidden inside body cavities? If dogs are the solution, then we should use dogs. Thanks for suggesting it. I think that if it's a great enough solution, and people make enough noise, then they might change to dogs. I'd rather be sniffed by a dog than irradiated or fondled. Star for your suggestion.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Hate him or love him, you have to admit his no non-sense approach gets results.

I know a lot of people think his show is cheezy, but you have no idea how many "average, every day folks" Ive talked to in the last year (who would have previously laughed at me if I discussed conspiracies with them) , that now are opening their eyes thanks to his show.

I think when it comes to politics he has some really good ideas, truly loves his country, AND has experience dealing with national security.

I honestly would choose him as a presidential candidate over all of these useless politicians.

I doubt his lawsuit will go anywhere, but the point he's trying to make is priceless. Stand up for your constitutional rights!
edit on 25-1-2011 by WhiteDevil013 because: grammar

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

BIG FREAKIN' DEAL!!! I'm TOTALLY happy to do either one, ya know why?

People like YOU are why Hilter and the NAZI got into power

This man is probably turning over in his grave

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety

When did America forget the wisdom of the Founders?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Ventura for POTUS 2012

We the "revolution" could raise for him 100 million dollars overnight!

Run as an independant Jesse and call it a quiet revolution, and you'd WIN against Obama.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Cute sig - is that a lamb?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Ventura for POTUS 2012

We the "revolution" could raise for him 100 million dollars overnight!

Run as an independant Jesse and call it a quiet revolution, and you'd WIN against Obama.

From your mouth to God's ears.

Errr.....from your keyboard to God's computer screen!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Cute sig - is that a lamb?

It's a M.U.L.E. "
Back in the 80s, there was this game on the C64, atari and other systems. It was the first "sim" computer economic stratagy game. It spawned most of multiplayer and stratagy games alike. I used to spend hours on this game. One match usually lasted that long, heh. Fortunatly there is a free online remake of it called Planet M.U.L.E. put out by the daughter of the guy who originaly coded it. It was such a simple but very addicting game of buy sell cutthroat! That sig is the animated mule from the original game. The remake looks much appealing.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

BIG FREAKIN' DEAL!!! I'm TOTALLY happy to do either one,

A simple challenge for you. Name all the occasions that the security measures now being used have stopped a Terrorist Plot?

I think you will find in all cases it was either an alert citizen or their explosive device failed to work. I don't think I can recall one occasion treating citizens like criminals has stopped a real criminal.

Can't get on an airplane, blow up a bus; cant get on a bus, blow up a train; can't get on a train, blow up a shopping mall / church / theater full of people..........................................

I'm curious, how do you feel about them choosing to not close the borders? That make any sense to you? Treat innocent people like dirt-bags before they can get on a plane, but any Terrorist who wishes can cross the Mexican Border at will. You ever thought that through? Really truly thought it through?

Have you considered the fact that driving to work in the morning is WAY more dangerous than flying, even if there were no Terrorists? Knowing that, why are we allowed to drive to work in the morning? Where is our Nanny on that issue?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join