It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama law tab up to $1.7 million

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

www.wnd.com

President Obama has paid nearly $1.7 million to his top eligibility lawyer since the election.

Obama for America, Obama's 2008 political campaign, merged with the Democratic National Committee in January and is now known as Organizing for America. The grass-roots army that some refer to as "Obama 2.0" is still collecting financial contributions.

Federal Election Commission records for "Obama for America" show that the lobby organization has paid international law firm Perkins Coie exactly $1,666,397.01 since the 2008 election.

The most recent sum, $314,018.06, was listed in Obam
(visit the link for the full news article)

query.nictusa.com...

OBAMA FOR AMERICA PO Box 8102 Chicago, Illinois 60680 FEC Committee ID #: C00431445 This report contains activity for a Primary Election Report type: July Quarterly This Report is an Amendment Filed 10/15/2009

edit on 24-1-2011 by TheAmused because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I have said this a million times and will still say it.
There is no way i would spend 1.7 million dollars for lawyer's if i didnt have anything to hide.

I would have saved my 1.7 million dollar's and said here it is folk's.
and here is my dog's akc paperwork too just in case.
to be a smartarse. lol

But folk's birther or not you have to admit people with nothing to hide as they all claim..don't spend 1.7 million dollars hiding paper work.
And that is a fact...
Ok flame away ....i got broad shoulder's i can take it...
But remember this...i could care less what you think of me lol
I just want the truth to be told once and for all.

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
1.7 million spent to hide his true birth certificate possibly?, and conveniently, the governor of Hawaii claims, he cant find it? Hmm....that dog don't hunt~

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
what we have here is a textbook example of keeping people running in circles

edit on 1/24/2011 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
1.7 million spent to hide his true birth certificate possibly?, and conveniently, the governor of Hawaii claims, he cant find it? Hmm....that dog don't hunt~

Hehe perhaps just acting like a REALLY dramatic teenager? Let me hide my paperwork so i can work up america.
Then come next election i will reveal it and perhaps it will give me another chance since birthers will start voting for me.

I mean if you give people 100% the first time, the second time you cannot give em such an experience.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
1.7 million.. that's the cost every 19 seconds in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

www.wnd.com

President Obama has paid nearly $1.7 million to his top eligibility lawyer since the election.
I know you have to quote the headline exactly so please don't take this as a criticism, but according to the article and that quote the 1.7 million is only since the election.

If you include money paid before the election also, the tab is:

In total, Obama has paid Perkins Coie, a single law firm, $2.6 million since he announced his campaign for presidency.
Can anyone explain why they wouldn't mention the full 2.6 million in the headline (and I mean the original authors at WND, not TheAmused who only copied it)?

It would be interesting to know what that $2.6 million was spent on but I've never really seen any details about the purpose of the expenses.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Maybe they didnt think to look prior?
idk lol
Maybe we should email the guy that wrote the story and ask him.

Now if snope's got this story...any bet's to if it would be false?
i dont trust snopes as far as i can throw em when ti comes to obama.
He was on a board and other things so there bias. case closed.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

I don't think you'll get flamed. I completely agree.

link   
Obama story about Hawaii past and lost birth certificate

Abercrombie , says there is no birth-certificate, according to his friend, says his first memory of Obama was about 6 or seven years of age,

I thought he knew him since birth.

Radio interview

This is from the KQRS morning show from 1/20/2011. Their Hollywood reporter Mike Evans that knows Neil Abercrombie for Governor of Hawaii personally, gave an interesting story about the birth certificate situation.

edit on 043131p://bMonday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
1.7 million.. that's the cost every 19 seconds in Iraq.

And the relevancy of that comparison?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
And where is the proof that Obama has spent 1.7-2.6 million on this? The source is always WND; no better than Weekly World News.

It is quite understandable that lawyers who have to deal with these stupid cases would want to be paid. It does not mean Obama is covering up his birthplace. Funny how WND is the only "media outlet" to ever report on this nonsense.
edit on 24-1-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Let me guess? Your one of those pro-Obama, and no article will be deemed fit to suggest any info that would question Obama's intentions huh?

If its anything to show something derogatory, its not legitimate info, but if its something against anyone else, then its legit info.
edit on 24-1-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Nope, I don't like Obama. There are, however, plenty of real reasons to dislike the man. We don't need to make stuff up.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

If any human with any common sense would actual look at the evidence presented ..
there can only be one conclusion.

And atm it all leans toward he is hiding something bigtime.
million in legal fee's to hide it....
Governor's of the state he was born in says there is no such records of his birth.

Sure there is a birth announcement in the paper..
Btw i was born in Ohio..
My granparents put a announcement in the paper in kentucky..telling i was born.
Anyone can do it...It just cost's a few dollars.
So if that's there last straw is the announcement...they are clutching at the last straw.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Agreed, but I have noticed on ATS ( not specifically you ) that when info is brought to the table that would show Obama in a bad " light ", its deemed irrelevant, but anything for someone of the conservative nature, and everyone wants to jump on the wagon that its "truth ' and can't be discredited.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
And where is the proof that Obama has spent 1.7-2.6 million on this? The source is always WND; no better than Weekly World News.

It is quite understandable that lawyers who have to deal with these stupid cases would want to be paid. It does not mean Obama is covering up his birthplace. Funny how WND is the only "media outlet" to ever report on this nonsense.
edit on 24-1-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

Yet as a conspiracy person...
Yet You still think the media is controlled by the government.
But when obama's name pop's up you ask why only wnd new's?
Every think maybe there the only new's that has not crippled into there will?
Just saying.
Look at 99% of 9/11 theory's...all based on the media lies and coverup's..

So why would you think the main stream media would give any of this a fair shake?
Honestly just asking

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

It would seem for some, that if the " source " of valid information isn't to their liking, they will attempt to discredit the source.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Obama story about Hawaii past and lost birth certificate

Abercrombie , says there is no birth-certificate, according to his friend, says his first memory of Obama was about 6 or seven years of age,

I thought he knew him since birth.

Radio interview

This is from the KQRS morning show from 1/20/2011. Their Hollywood reporter Mike Evans that knows Neil Abercrombie for Governor of Hawaii personally, gave an interesting story about the birth certificate situation.

I think Abercrombie is off his rocker. Little Obama moved to Indonesia when he was five or six and returned to Hawaii when he was 10. He's not so young as to rule out early onset of dementia.

Abercrombie is full of BS. The story keeps changing. First he would show proof and now the only proof is a recording of a name in a ledger. Let's not forget that that Hawaii's Department of Health directory issued a statement a year or so ago stating that she had seen and verified the document in question.

Which is it?? I'm confused... This issue will come to rest one way or another before the 2012 election.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ce62b53765c.jpg[/atsimg]
found this as proof the lawyers WND says is in fact his lawyer's in the court case's.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join