It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama law tab up to $1.7 million

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

It'll come to rest in 2012, ..you are correct in saying so. Obama is a one termer. NEXT~

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
My granparents put a announcement in the paper in kentucky..telling i was born.
Anyone can do it...It just cost's a few dollars.
So if that's there last straw is the announcement...they are clutching at the last straw.
Actually it wouldn't have even cost them a few dollars. If the grandparents of a child in 1961 had gone in to the Department of Health and Vital Statistics and reported a birth, that action would have generated a birth record, and the newspaper announcement would then be automatic from that point, as I understand it. The grandparents wouldn't have to do anything but report the birth. The birth announcement would appear as a result of the newspaper receiving the birth statistics from the vital statistics system.

Hawaiian newspapers don't prove birthplace

we print what we receive from the Department of Health Vital Statistics System," a Star-Bulletin newsroom operator explained to WND.

The operator said, "This is how we've always done it." ...

Likewise, the Honolulu Advertiser, which ran a Barack Obama birth announcement in the Aug. 13, 1961, Sunday Advertiser, relies on the state-issued certification, rather than reporting from hospitals. ...

Hawaii State Registrar Dr. Alvin Onaka has told WND that most birth records stem from a hospital report. Documentation for children not born in hospitals depends on other records, such as the pregnant mother's prenatal exams, the statement of an attending midwife and a verification of the birth of a live child.

Onaka did not cite any independent investigative procedures for a report that would be submitted by a midwife.

edit on 24-1-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

No where in your article does it state all of that money went specifically to "hide" documents related to Obama's birth. In fact it here's what it does say:

Bauer also represented Obama and the DNC in Philip Berg's eligibility lawsuit and various other legal challenges

Various other legal challenges, which the article goes on to explain.....consulting, trying to block anti Obama ads during the election, etc.

This paragraph is interesting as well:

In total, Obama has paid Perkins Coie, a single law firm, $2.6 million since he announced his campaign for presidency. By contrast, a cumulative total of all of Sen. John McCain's legal consulting fees, from Jan. 1, 2007, to October 2009, amounts to $1.6 million.

Read that carefully..........McCain has spent $1.6 million in the time period from Jan. 2007 to Oct 2009 and he's not even president nor did he have people filing suit after suit about his eligility. Obama has spent $2.6 million from Jan 2007 to DATE( 1 year 3 months longer time period then McCain)) with more numerous law suits being filed against him. What's McCain hiding to spent that much money????? It's all part of the game. Campaigns have a lot of legal expenses. Every President or candidate has spent vast amounts of money retaining lawyers.

Bush spent over 333,000 in one year alone.

The total dollar amount of legal fees paid out after the election by the Bush campaign, according to these reports, is $337,172! And that’s just in 2005 dollars. In 2009 dollars that would be nearly $400,000!

linky

And BTW he did produce his birth cert. It was inspected and approved. His campaign then posted it online, but I'm sure you think it is either A: a forgery or B: not the correct doc for your approval.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector

And where might this proof be? You stated:

And BTW he did produce his birth cert. It was inspected and approved. His campaign then posted it online, but I'm sure you think it is either A: a forgery or B: not the correct doc for your approval.

You made the claim, can you back it up with a source? Most of the nation would tend to disagree with your comment.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
If the grandparents of a child in 1961 had gone in to the Department of Health and Vital Statistics and reported a birth, that action would have generated a birth record, and the newspaper announcement would then be automatic from that point, as I understand it. The grandparents wouldn't have to do anything but report the birth. The birth announcement would appear as a result of the newspaper receiving the birth statistics from the vital statistics system.
And what evidence was required for his grandparents to present? Or are you claiming that in 1961 anyone could go into the Department of Health report a birth and the state would issue a birth certificate without requiring any documentation of said birth?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

what the posted and snopes verified..if fact doesnt matter.
It is not a vaulted copy...
it is a CERTIFICATE OF LIVE BIRTH.
a normal citizen in america can not rent a government run apparent with what they showed.
Yet it is suppose to be good enough for us to allow him to be president?

They do not except COLB cause they are to easily forged now aday's.
But it's still suppose to be good enough for him to verify he is legit?
Common man.
He has to be held to the same standards all americans are put to PERIOD.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

And where might this proof be? You stated:

You made the claim, can you back it up with a source? Most of the nation would tend to disagree with your comment.

Fact Check.org

A non-partisn organization that was founded by staunch conservative, Walter Annenberg, found it to be legit He was friends with both Nixon( who appointed him as ambassador to the Court of St.James in the UK) and Reagan ( Annenberg introduced Reagan to Margret Thatcher).

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by aptness

I called my local paper here in my town.
I just have to pay them money for the announcement.
No paperwork or vital statistics needed here lol

So why would you think they would have to do all that to make a announcement?

Call your local paper and ask them..
they will give you a fee you pay..and its done.
Doesnt matter if your the grandparent uncle aunt ect...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Ahhh......I see you chose B: not good enough for YOUR approval. Please follow the link I posted above to Fact Check. So what's McCain hiding to spend that much money??????????? Isn't that suspicious as well?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Thanks, and nice. Atleast the pictures are clear and legible.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

not bias huh...OK believe what you read here is proof otherwise.
en.wikipedia.org...
Chicago Annenberg Challenge

At a meeting with Simmons and Patricia Albjerg Graham, Deborah Leff suggested that Barack Obama would make a good board chairman.[36] After meeting and being impressed by Obama, Graham told Obama that she wanted him to be chairman of the Board of Directors.[36] Obama said that he would agree to serve as chairman if Graham would be vice chairman, to which Graham agreed.[36]

So what is annenberg? how is that tied to fast check?
there owned by the same group..
Annenberg Public Policy Center.
look at bottom of there own website it isnt a secret.
www.factcheck.org...

So yes there bias toward obama.
with very good reason.
who else served on on that board with obama?
glad you asked.

William Ayers and Warren Chapman were elected by the Collaborative as co-chairmen of the Collaborative in 1995.

bill ayers go figure lol
please i do not trust anything they say when ti comes to obama.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Deflect deflect deflect...
mcain did this mcain did that mcain hit us with a wiffle ball bat!!!

this is about obama....

Bu ti will answer your question it's not magical.
during the election
People just like you filed a lawsuit on mcain to show his vaulted copy of his birth certificate.
to draw attention off who???OBAMA!!!
it didnt matter he was a POW in a war...
lol we wanted proof.
Mcain showed us his vaulted copy in court....YES HE DID SHOW IT..
He was born on a military base in panama.END of story he is as american as it get's.

So answer me if mcain showed his vaulted copy...where is obama's?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Lol........now attack my source Fact Check ( very well respected to be non-partisan) after I purposely didn't question yours even though every knows wnd is a as bad as the enquirer.

You have not addressed any of my points. What about McCain's or Bush's spending? Show me where in the wnd article it states all of that money was spent on eligibility law suits. You can't because YOUR article states otherwise.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connector
So what's McCain hiding to spend that much money??????????? Isn't that suspicious as well?
I think there were more doubts about McCain's eligibility than Obama's with McCain being born in Panama and all, so that should be no surprise, right?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

He does pose a good question about Annenberg. I saw what he was talking about after reviewing the link. Does make an interesting argument.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
I called my local paper here in my town.
I just have to pay them money for the announcement.
No paperwork or vital statistics needed here lol

Oranges and apples. I am replying to Arbitrageur’s claim that his grandparents actions at the Department of Health “would have generated a birth record,” and you are talking about the announcement on the newspaper. Focus.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Mcain showed us his vaulted copy in court....YES HE DID SHOW IT..

Source and image please to confirm a "vaulted" copy.

edit on 24-1-2011 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by aptness
I am replying to Arbitrageur’s claim ... Focus.
That could "focus" could apply to you too, as your question was answered in the quotation on my post before you asked your question. Documentation from midwife, etc was already in my post.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Documentation from midwife, etc was already in my post.

So you believe that’s how they registered his birth? Because if you truly believe that then I don’t understand why you keep demanding the vital records to be disclosed, because even then the original vital records would have his birth place listed as Hawaii.

And even assuming that’s how they did it, and assuming there’s somewhere in there a record attesting that’s the documentation, vel non, they used to register the birth, that doesn’t prove he wasn’t really born in Hawaii does it?

If you really believe this then it seems to me like you are pursuing a lost cause.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by aptness

To be honest with you, I haven't got a clue what happened. I have no idea if Obama was born in a hospital, and if so, which one, Kapiolani as Governor Lingle claimed, or Queens as this article claimed:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b257757328f5.jpg[/atsimg]

Even fact-checking organization Snopes flip-flopped on the so called "facts" they presented about which hospital Obama was supposedly born in.

I'm as skeptical of the claims that he wasn't born in a hospital as I am of the contradictory claims that he WAS born in a hospital. It's really impossible to do anything but guess where Obama was born which makes him singularly unique as a president. Nobody knows, except maybe Fukino, and she won't say even though Lingle claims to have directed her to do so.

Real facts just don't have the degree of inconsistency that has been presented to us in this case. Anybody that claims to know exactly where Obama was born has never proved their claim, and of great concern to me is this includes the highest official in Hawaii at the time, Governor Lingle. In fact Fukino's failure to confirm Governor Lingle's claim concerns me as much as anything else given how explicit the governor was that Fukino would confirm her claim.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join