It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joan Rivers Calls Michelle Obama 'Blackie O'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Joan Rivers Calls Michelle Obama 'Blackie O'

Comedienne Joan Rivers revealed she once ditched a joke about First Lady Michelle Obama from her stand-up routine - because she feared she'd be accused of racism. Recalling the wisecrack to shock Jock Howard Stern, the comedy legend said: "We used to have Jackie O now we have Blackie O!"

Full Story Link

Audio Link (at bottom of page)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea1605046559.jpg[/atsimg]

In what is sure to be the next MSM firestorm comedian Joan Rivers refers to First Lady Michelle Obama as 'Blackie 'O'' - What more can I say. This should be fun to watch.

edit on 22-1-2011 by EssenSieMich because: sp

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
That's ok, I refer to Joan as Plastic Jo.

If that women ever stood too close to a camp fire she would melt for sure.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Is Joan Rivers even real anymore or is she a new generation of cyborg. She has more plastic in her than human tissue. And she will definitely be called a racist and deservedly so. I wish Joan Rivers would just go away. I don't even find her funny at all because I'm always mesmerized by her "DATA" like appearance.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Has our society developed such thin skin, that we can't even joke anymore? I pray for a day when people can just get over themselves and go about life. It speaks to character when you can't take a joke about yourself or even listen to another, joke about someone else.
I find this whole political correctness nonsense, and am ashamed at a society that is so frail, that they can't "suck it up" when someone delivers a comment they find "offensive".

Boo-hoo.

My two cents.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
But she is a comedienne, sheesh,

I'll admit I dont think she is a very funny comedian but still, comedy is comedy and should be taken in jest, i dont see what the big deal is.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
And she will definitely be called a racist and deservedly so.

Uh, What? It's called comedy and these comments were made for her stand-up routine... There are plenty of black comedians who make fun of white people but as soon as it goes the other way people get their panties in a bunch.

I'm so sick of this political correctness BS that turns every damn comment into a race issue even if it is for a stand-up COMEDY routine. People need to lighten up. Remember when people were calling for the death of pres Bush and saying every horrible thing under the sun about the man but oh no don't make a race joke that is a horrible thing to do.

This should not even be news and BTW I can't stand Joan Rivers but this is ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

And I thought she'd really done it when she called all stewardesses "sluts" (way back when they didn't call them flight attendents)

Joan, joan.. you should have forgotten that one completely.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Okay...I didn't want to laugh at that, But I did. Hard

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Comedienne Joan Rivers revealed she once ditched a joke about First Lady Michelle Obama from her stand-up routine - because she feared she'd be accused of racism.

Rabble rabble rabble, how dare she even think such thoughts./sarcasm

Seems her judgment was sound when she ditched the joke.

Why doesn't someone ask Michelle what she thinks? Personally? I lol'd.
edit on 1/22/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TV_Nation

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
And she will definitely be called a racist and deservedly so.

Uh, What? It's called comedy and these comments were made for her stand-up routine... There are plenty of black comedians who make fun of white people but as soon as it goes the other way people get their panties in a bunch.

I'm so sick of this political correctness BS that turns every damn comment into a race issue even if it is for a stand-up COMEDY routine. People need to lighten up. Remember when people were calling for the death of pres Bush and saying every horrible thing under the sun about the man but oh no don't make a race joke that is a horrible thing to do.

This should not even be news and BTW I can't stand Joan Rivers but this is ridiculous.

You hit the nail on the head. Welcome to double standard America. Besides, isn't Joan Rivers Jewish? Surely the news media wont smear the name of their own kind.
Wonder how long it will take for Super Zero Sharpton to be on the case..

Michelle looks like she has had her share of plastic surgery herself. She cant smile too big or she will get lipstick on her earlobes.
edit on 22-1-2011 by SKinLaB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
That's ok, I refer to Joan as Plastic Jo.

If that women ever stood too close to a camp fire she would melt for sure.
That was funny
To her credit she has joked about herself so I suppose nothing is sacred. No Biggie!

The "blackie O" comment certainly wasn't!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I don't care. Joan Rivers is irrelevant.
Michelle Obama reportedly can't stand living in the White House.
(she has since denied that, but I believe the original reports)
Too bad these people can't say what they really want ..
Joan could make her tasteless bad jokes ...
Michelle Obama could whine that she doesn't like the White House ...
Just let it fly and let it be sorted out in the jury of public opinion.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The world has become disturbingly PC & people take themselves far too seriously. We all have to learn to lighten up and laugh at ourselves. Personally I think Blackie'O is pretty funny!

IRM

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

I'm sorry. I am still laughing my ass off at that

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I found it funny as well, and a little disturbing........
I know it was a joke, but Michelle couldn't hold a candle to Jackie, just my two cents...........

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Tis funny.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Richard Pryor has said far worse things about white people in his act- just sayin'.....

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Now that is FUNNY!

Sure, she will get crucified for it, but at least it was funny, pertinent, accurate, and timely. Perfect comedy!

Now, regardless of what happens in the MSM, if this were said among friends at a dinner party, it would have been taken as a compliment and a funny joke among friends.

In reality, it is a compliment.

Joan is already 150 years old, she doesn't have anything to lose, KUDOS to her for putting it out there!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
There is a double standard when it comes to commedians and race based jokes. Seems whitey can't say anything in our overt PC society, yet blackie can. Joan Rivers does need to hang it up, she's decades past her time, and maybe she is an automaton. I was suprised though when I heard Mama's Family mama call Ted Williams a piece of trash.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
this is nothing compared to that racist lisa lampanelli.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join