It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The only thing that can wake up Americans

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Note: I am not calling for a revolution, simply asking why it hasn't happened yet

There are demonstrations, uprisings and displays of people's power around the world.
Look at all the "revolutions" happening in Tunisia, Albania, South America, Eastern Europe ... when governments oppresses or show signs of corruption, people stand up. Meanwhile in the US, the so called champion of democracy and freedom, nothing is happening.

The more time goes, the more I am convinced that Americans only care about one thing in the Constitution:

GUNS

I feel that there would be an uprising and people will take to the streets ONLY if the government want their smith and wesson's. I am generally anti guns. But if it's the only thing that can hold them to reality, then by all means, cherish them.

Complacency:
Anything else is not as important. Constitutional rights are slowly but surely being taken away, nobody cares or prefer to be angry sitting at home (can't miss the monday night football).

Personal privacy taken away
secrecy only for offshore bank accounts
sons and daughters are dying in illegal and wars of greed
your middle class is disappearing on purpose
the media keeps lying and distorting facts
the financial institutions are scamming US taxpayers
the govt continues to bail out the rich that are not so good at robbing you
political choices are locked between 2 sides of the same corrupt coin (dems and republicans)

And yet, nobody takes to the White House to take back their country.

The best the world can expect from americans is what?
Complaining and raging in forums?

Even if someone decides to take the lead and organize a blockade of the White House until demands are met, will be labelled a terrorist before he puts his shoes on.

Seriously, the govt is happy for you to keep your guns, because nothing else will move you out of your sofa, dear american friends.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
While we don't march down the street and burn cars, we use the system put in place by the founding Fathers to enact change.
Just look at the election of Obama.
The election in 2010.

Change brought about by rioting is not as effective as using the self-same system that brought about the issues that you want changed.

2 cents.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I can tell by your post that you are not an American.

I am a mother of 2 small boys and am completely flat broke. Am I supposed to take what little money I don't have to buy a plane ticket to go set myself up to be labelled a terrorist by protesting in front of the white house? That sounds like a good idea. Take food from the mouths of my children and risk jail time, leaving my babies without a mommy for who even knows how long. Is that what YOU would do? I would never do that in a million years. Most people can't. Most people don't want to go to jail.

Its easy for you to criticize though. Why don't you come on over and just take care of it for us since you have all the answers to this country's problems?

I don't like what is happening to this country but there is nothing I can personally do about it.

Your OP sounds very judgmental.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
My biggest mistake and regret was voting for Obama. At the time he was the lesser of two evils being it was him or that other dude McCain/McWar as poor Ron Paul dropped from the running. I'm so pro Ron Paul it's not even debatable.

Obama sure is NOT change - unless you mean change that's going on as our rights are being taken more and more away. He sure did help change that, huh?

edit on 22-1-2011 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I agree that a lot of people, including myself, were so hopeful that Obama's agenda was CHANGE.

Where is the Change he promised?
Where are now the millions supporters who gave their votes for Change and Transparency?
I know where they are, they are tucked in in front of the TV with a bag of crisps.

Obama is not a president, he is just PR for the real powers at work. False hopes to buy them more time.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

we use the system put in place by the founding Fathers to enact change.

But what if it is the SYSTEM that is corrupt, which it appears to be.??

Then what?

edit: And it was those Founding Fathers that you speak of that put in the second amendment..
They did that for a reason..
The reason was if the system was corrupted...
edit on 22-1-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by beezzer

Not taking sides here but what does it say that after just 2 years of "change" the republicans sweep the house?

The gun thing as it has been so far with all the defence of the 2nd and the large sales are a from of communication. TPTB and the press try to down play it and demonize it all but they hear whats being said.

link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
reply to post by beezzer

Where are now the millions supporters who gave their votes for Change and Transparency?
I know where they are, they are tucked in in front of the TV with a bag of crisps.

Nope, must disagree with you on that point. They are the Tea Party. We are involved, we are making a difference. It just takes time.

link   
And if you order a blue mercedes and the sales sends you a red toyota, you get back to him with all your anger and might.
Same should apply to politics:
If you lie to get my vote, I want it back and you out of the office.

If you don't know what you can achieve, don't do it.
If you are the president of the most powerful country on earth, you CAN make change happen and not give excuses.
Unless of course it's not the president in control.

link   

Originally posted by daryllyn

I am a mother of 2 small boys and am completely flat broke. Am I supposed to take what little money I don't have to buy a plane ticket to go set myself up to be labelled a terrorist by protesting in front of the white house? That sounds like a good idea. Take food from the mouths of my children and risk jail time, leaving my babies without a mommy for who even knows how long. Is that what YOU would do? I would never do that in a million years. Most people can't. Most people don't want to go to jail.

^ This.
I'm a single mom with a just turned 15yo and I lost my job. I didn't want to but I'm on food stamps now. We FINALLY have medical for the first time EVER in his entire life and since I left my parents home at 19 in 1992. That too is through the govt. Yes, we had NO insurance since he was born cuz I didn't want to be labeled. But things happen.

Point is, I too won't do anything to end up in jail or be labeled a terrorist. Would I rather move to somewhere non war-like like Norway or Svarsbard Island or even Australia or New Zealand? HECK YES. You NEVER hear anything wrong with those countries. No one pays attention to em. (as in terrorists and the like). Seriously leaving the country sounds better and better all the time BUT I can't afford a multi thousand dollar move. We got 56 dollars to our name til whenever i find another min wage job. And most are part time. VERY part time.

What can you do?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by beezzer

we use the system put in place by the founding Fathers to enact change.

But what if it is the SYSTEM that is corrupt, which it appears to be.??

Then what?

Darn good point. I wish I had the answer. My best response would be, "I don't know."

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by beezzer

Not taking sides here but what does it say that after just 2 years of "change" the republicans sweep the house?

The gun thing as it has been so far with all the defence of the 2nd and the large sales are a from of communication. TPTB and the press try to down play it and demonize it all but they hear whats being said.

You just illustrated my point. We don't need to riot to deliver change. If we see something that we don't agree with, we use the system, as weak as it is.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by beezzer

Nope, must disagree with you on that point. They are the Tea Party. We are involved, we are making a difference. It just takes time.

Tea with the crisps?

Just kidding

I honestly dont know the progress the TP has made but I certainly give all my support. Sometimes time is your enemy. The biggest changes in politics happen very abruptly. Give time to the crooks, they will use it to cement their position and use all they got to suppress dangerous opponents.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833

Originally posted by daryllyn

^ This.
I'm a single mom with a just turned 15yo and I lost my job. I didn't want to but I'm on food stamps now. We FINALLY have medical for the first time EVER in his entire life and since I left my parents home at 19 in 1992. That too is through the govt. Yes, we had NO insurance since he was born cuz I didn't want to be labeled. But things happen.

Point is, I too won't do anything to end up in jail or be labeled a terrorist. Would I rather move to somewhere non war-like like Norway or Svarsbard Island or even Australia or New Zealand? HECK YES. You NEVER hear anything wrong with those countries. No one pays attention to em. (as in terrorists and the like). Seriously leaving the country sounds better and better all the time BUT I can't afford a multi thousand dollar move. We got 56 dollars to our name til whenever i find another min wage job. And most are part time. VERY part time.

What can you do?

Sometimes there is NOTHING you can do, as unfortunate as that is. I am sorry to read that you are having a rough time, I hear similar stories more and more often. (Maybe that's the way they want it? Keep us broke so we can't afford to do anything about what the rights they are stealing?)

We need a change. I agree with that 100%.

I would love to move my little family out of the country but I fear that I would never have the sort of funds that would be needed.

Good luck to you, I hope things turn around.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
The people who have interest in Change are put in conditions where they cant skip more than a day's work to demonstrate. By getting rid of the middle class and widening the gap between rich and poor, not many will be able to sustain a protest and will be quickly dealt with.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Tea with the crisps?

Just kidding

I honestly dont know the progress the TP has made but I certainly give all my support. Sometimes time is your enemy. The biggest changes in politics happen very abruptly. Give time to the crooks, they will use it to cement their position and use all they got to suppress dangerous opponents.

We can use the time just as effectively as they can. It's just a matter of perspective.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by beezzer

You just illustrated my point. We don't need to riot to deliver change. If we see something that we don't agree with, we use the system, as weak as it is.

I will learn some day to stay away from these threads.

I have always said myself we should use the system.....and didnt say we should use force....OP brought up guns and said something favorable about them if thats all we have. So OP you want to splane what you mean by that so we can have a frameup to work with here? Or is this a toll and bait thread?
edit on 22-1-2011 by Logarock because: ex

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
As a transhumanist , I have no problem with the problems witgh the world because I know that they are a product of our species. Human Existence has never really been that great.

When do you think Americas great time was? In the 40 and 50s when we were scared about nuclear attack and in the midst of the coldwar and segeration ran rampant? Or in the 60s when vietnam broke out and there were race riots everywhere as blacks in america tried to end segeration?

People like to look back at the start of america as this great time in history but The life expectancy in the 1700s was about 47 years old.How great can your county be when if you live to 60 it's considered a miracle?

I mean there has never been a time in which there was no poverty or people starving streets. Poverty and Hunger and Death are just the cures nature or god has put on man depending on which you choose to belive in.

The only way to make the world perfect is to fundamentally change the human race.

I want to make it clear , I'm not talking about genocide or selective breeding. I'm talking updating the human mind and body through the use of robotics. That's what I belive the future to be personally and that's what I want out of the future.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I will learn some day to stay away from these threads.

I have always said myself we should use the system.....and didnt say we should use force....OP brought up guns and said something favorable about them if thats all we have. So OP you want to splane what you mean by that so we can have a frameup to work with here? Or is this a toll and bait thread?
edit on 22-1-2011 by Logarock because: ex

I have agreed with you. Change brought by the barrel aren't as lasting as change brought by using the system.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Name one? Name one danged nation or majior political system in this world today that didnt come off the edge of the sword. Or that doesnt use the sword.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join