It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans are naturally plant-eaters

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalamatas
Once again, are animals murders? Are lions, tigers and hippos murderers?

By definition (a few exist, mind you), yes.

We're talking about food and survival not, malicious intent.

Incorrect. Convictions shouldn't waiver under the duress of surviving. Would you eat your mother, sibling or friend to simply survive? Look past your specieism, That's all this is at the end of the day,

edit on 22/1/2011 by rexusdiablos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

Originally posted by Sly1one

what other "animal" has constructed rockets, explored the moon, and figured out that there is more out there than "a bright thing" in the sky? How many other "animals" are aware of black holes in the center of our galaxy? How many other animals are aware of what a "galaxy" is? If we were merely animals to the same degree you are comparing us to, you wouldn't be on a computer right now.

You can't equate intelligence with the right to live. If we are ever payed a visit by aliens who's intelligence far surpasses ours, I would hope that they have mercy on mankind...

Humans weren't always intelligent.

Actually if you really really want to keep talking about the "natural" way of things or the "true" nature of things, there are no such things as "rights". Smart live dumb die, simple as that. You know its why the strong survive and the weak die, the whole process behind a sustained existence? Survival of the fittest, natural selection terms I'm sure you are familiar with no?

If you really want to go that "natural" path, then yes aliens that are far more intelligent then us would have every bit of ability "eat us as cattle" if they so chose. And no amount of feel good spiritual "but no i have a family" would convince them otherwise.

You think an intelligent alien race would succumb their own existence because of morals and ethics? I don't think such decision making skills are in the best interests of surviving but ya.

Here is a question, if you were starving and the only thing you could find before you finally died was another "living animal", would you kill and eat it? Or would you wither away on the moral high ground?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

acting on moral high ground does not mean you are guaranteed the same treatment...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
Humans have become all too accustomed with exploiting anyone and anything. We exploit the lesser developed countries in order to benefit the developed nations. We exploit animals simply for the energy to make it to the next meal where we will again take another innocent, defenseless life.

We as a race should work together, we should protect and help all animal species living on mother Earth. We can be the gods of the future if we chose to do so. Unfortunately we are only parasites at this stage in time, and I hope it is just that; a stage in time.

Humanity has some lessons to learn before we ultimately settle the stars. We will forever be stranded on this rock if we continue down the current path we are taking.

...Go ahead and slam another burger, choke down another creature. Humanity will be waiting.

Do you have pets? What do you feed them?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rexusdiablos

Incorrect. Convictions shouldn't waiver under the duress of surviving. Would you eat your mother, sibling or friend to simply survive? Look past your specieism, That's all this is at the end of the day,

What definition are you going by that condemns an animal a murderer for killing another animal for food like it's programmed to?
You need to step off your high horse and realize this is nature, you do not make the rules.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

No, I don't eat people, but I'd eat cow to survive and take care of my family.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Why is it called "humane" when you put a suffering animal down?

I don't know. Maybe you should ask someone who erroneously labels it so.

You seem to think that "humane" as a standard, is a good thing. The conduct of humanity is hardly a standard to live by. Take a look around you. It's a standard we need to strive to supersede and not honor. The same applies to our limited notions of "nature".

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool

What definition are you going by that condemns an animal a murderer for killing another animal for food like it's programmed to?
You need to step off your high horse and realize this is nature, you do not make the rules.

I'm confused here, didn't someone say we're animals too? So does that put us on the level with lions and tigers? Are they saying we should be proselytizing to the animals about their murderous ways? I'm confused.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Then as I said, grow enough to look beyond your specieism,

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Why is it called "humane" when you put a suffering animal down?

I don't know. Maybe you should ask someone who erroneously labels it so.

You seem to think that "humane" as a standard, is a good thing. The conduct of humanity is hardly a standard to live by. Take a look around you. It's a standard we need to strive to supersede and not honor. The same applies to our limited notions of "nature".

So what would you do if your dog was suffering in agonizing pain near the ending of his life. Let him suffer? Isn't letting an animal suffer inhumane/ unspiritual?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
If humans are naturally plant eaters then why is it that if you feed a growing infant only veggies they die of malnutrion? That's all the proof I need

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Then as I said, grow enough to look beyond your specieism,

Look beyond my speciesism? Tell that to the lions. because they're animals just like us.

Should I stop buying food for my pets?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Jesus ate meat as did Moses and Muhammad. Early Buddhists, including Buddha himself would not and indeed could not refuse to eat a donated meal containing meat. Roughly half of modern Buddhists eat meat.

Religions or factions within religions that practice vegetarianism are in a minority.

I'm wondering what you think you know that all these spiritual personalities and groups did not.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'm confused as to why vegetarians make such a moral distinction between organisms with a central nervous system and organisms without.

Not eating meat is a decision, eating meat is an instinct.

-Dr Denis Leary

The debate in this thread reminded me of this image.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

What definition are you going by that condemns an animal a murderer for killing another animal for food

mur·dered, mur·der·ing, mur·ders
To put an end to; destroy

it's programmed to? You need to step off your high horse and realize this is nature, you do not make the rules.

Should you be willing to mount my said horse, I'll ride you to the brink of truth i.e. you're confusing nature with nurture:

en.wikipedia.org...

Your faith in nature is misguided until you understand this disparity.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Can't babies live exclusively off of breast milk?

reply to post by kalamatas

I have a dog who happily shares the same diet as I.

edit on 22-1-2011 by The_Zomar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Lavarian

LMAO
Hey look folks, we got the only successful ambient energy feeding Human ever.

Seriously though, everyone who has claimed this has been 100% proven to be a fraud.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Maybe not every person, but a big majority of them, when they bite into a piece of meat or eat something that comes from an animal we've been eating for thousands of years, it just tastes great and feels normal.

For all we know, there could be other worlds out there that are filled with intelligent people such as ourselves who are harvested for food like cows and chickens are with us.

Saying that just really frightened me but it's a possibility.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

The strong overtake the weak. The strongest protect the weak.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

What definition are you going by that condemns an animal a murderer for killing another animal for food

mur·dered, mur·der·ing, mur·ders
To put an end to; destroy

it's programmed to? You need to step off your high horse and realize this is nature, you do not make the rules.

Should you be willing to mount my said horse, I'll ride you to the brink of truth i.e. you're confusing nature with nurture:

en.wikipedia.org...

Your faith in nature is misguided until you understand this disparity.

One of the most nurturing, compassionate, empathetic and spiritually driven people I know, would die if she couldn't eat meat. So to me nature and nurture need to strike a balance with reality.
edit on 22-1-2011 by kalamatas because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join