It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans are naturally plant-eaters

page: 43
<< 40  41  42   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Some folks who eat meat are carnivores. Im as close as you can get to it without being on the Atkins diet myself. I eat at least one kind of meat with almost every meal I eat, and I have been doing so for the better part of a decade. I need it to sustain my wieght, because without it I would shrivel up, loose my strength and be incapable of working. My doctor has even said that I need to make an effort to continue to process animal fats in my diet due to elements of my unique physiology which mean I loose weight to quickly when I dont eat enough animal fat. Lucky for me it all tastes damned good as well!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

We should be vegetarians. than eating more animals.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

A 'carnivore' gets the majority of it's sustenance from meat.I sincerely doubt your doctor has advised you to not eat any vegetables or grains of any kind, and if he/she has, you really might want to get a second opinion.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
edit on 14-4-2011 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

I have had the same doctor since I was two years old. Dude knows my body better than even I do. Basicaly my body burns fats at a prodigious speed, and I find gaining nutritional value from vegetables halfway impossible. I tried a salad diet once and almost starved to death as a result, and upon further visits to my doctor, and some blood samples and so on, he told me that my body has no problem with digesting ( i.e. breaking down the food into its component parts) vegetable matter, but has an issue with inserting those nutrients, delivered from plants, into my body effectively. Also , my body processes meat MORE efficiently than one would expect, so I have been told if I wish to remain at a healthy twelve to thirteen stone (ideal weight when taking into account my hieght and the width of my ribcage and so on and so forth) I need to consume animal fats a bit more than most folks. Not doing so sees my wieght plummet to 8 stone, which is no healthy weight for a chap of 26 years old, five foot eleven inches tall, with a forty four inch wide rib cage.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

But, again, your doctor isnt telling you to not eat vegetables, right? He's merely suggestion you get more sustenance from animal fats than the average human.

That is not being a 'carnivore'.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Bull.

We eat darned near anything we can lay hands on, and pound for pound meat is much more loaded with energy than plants, so more efficient in energy expended than plant gathering.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I truly don't mean to be contrary, but personally speaking, I like plants, but I love meat.

And after all, animals eat plants, and so by eating animals, I'm just being more efficient in eating plants.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
when i see a vegetarian of vegan that can explain away why we have teeth specially designed for tearing flesh, and the placement of our eyes, making us a predator. i'll agree we are specialized in eating only plants.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by esqONE
when i see a vegetarian of vegan that can explain away why we have teeth specially designed for tearing flesh, and the placement of our eyes, making us a predator. i'll agree we are specialized in eating only plants.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e01e3fc3d758.jpg[/atsimg]
Chimpanzee: Eats 95-99% plants, and most of the rest is termites (not meat).
answers.yahoo.com...

Scientists and naturalists, including the great Charles Darwin who gave the theory of evolution, agree that early humans were fruit and vegetable eaters and that throughout history our anatomy has not changed. The great Swedish scientist von Linné states: "Man's structure, external and internal, compared with that of the other animals, shows that fruit and succulent vegetables constitute his natural food."

And im not even a Vegan myself

This is not a battle between Vegans and Meat lovers... I just simple question it, like humans like to question things.... if there where a tasty alternative to meat.. I would take it, I dont eat meat because of the joy of killing living creatures, to prove my human supremacy

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour

Except when it is meat. I think termites (insects) are not plants so if 5% of a diet is not form plants are they really vegetarian, Reminds me of a vegeterian that told me he didn't touch any dead animal except fish "cause of the phosphorous". I guess you both agree that a little food with a face doesn't mean you have to hand in your vegetarian membership card.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Sorry, but I'm not buying it. If I had a choice between eating a salad or a cat, I'd probably take the cat

If only I could plant a cow....

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I have decided today, Easter 2011, to be vegan. Not anything to do with Easter, but I have been thinking of doing this off and on for many years, and today, after everyday of feeling like crap, being obese, and having concerning health issues, along with a belief in karma and spiritual reasons, I have decided today to be vegan. Now, alot of my health issues, well, all really, are because for 43 years of my life, I have abused my body with junk food diet, and have been a big eater and addict of refined carbs, so, my new diet, is not "just" vegan, but quality whole vegan, with no refined carbs, and also no added fat. So, I am eating whole natural veges, and fruits, no refined sugars or flours, and no added fat. I am currently obese, with high blood pressure, high blood sugar in the diabetic range. My body feels like a 600 lb 90 yr old man, my vision is weakening, my gums withering, I am tired all the time, yet have insomnia, I am sure I have sleep apneia too, my gut feels bloated and uncomfortable all the time.... I could go on and on, plus all this has effected my libido, it's just too much of a physical chore to even want to get it on. I'm probably like a million other people. But I am tired of it. I feel hazey and in a fog, plus I need to get myself together because I need to get a job soon, and the way I feel now, I have no energy or drive to do anything. I want this to be real, I know it will be a challenge to make a radical change after 43 years of life being a literal junk food junky, but I'm at the point where I feel I have to make these changes, because everything considered, I could literally have a heart attack or stroke at any time, and I'm just sick and tired of feeling sick and tired, and I know it's from a lifetime of abusing myself through diet. I also want to include some exercise as a supplement to my new diet lifestyle. Anyway, this is my plan.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Human are natural omnivores.

Only the most brainwashed Vegan will tell you otherwise.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Plus the fact that people didn't live as long. The enzyme theory that we use up our enzymes when we eat cooked/processed foods (and items like meat, which require a lot of digestive enzymes to break down into the amino acids to form things like protein), means that if we are meat-heads, we are tearing through our body's store of enzymes, some of which don't get replenished automatically.

The theory goes that as we age, if we run our of our body's store of enymes, the body starts to pull the necessary nutrients out of organs, bone, etc., This cascade effect causes symptoms which medical professionals (term loosely used) identify as disease. Then we get on the viscious circle of taking 'drugs' that further deplete these enzymes (antibiotics, nsaids, steroids, hormones), and suppress the body's own calls for help.

The living food / raw food / raw vegan food movement calls for a greater understanding of how to eat properly (wide variety of no or very low heated foods) to keep these enzymes from being depleted, and a greater understanding of how to ensure we save our nutrients for a longer and more productive lifespan.

Seeing that we probably have the capability to live to 120 now, it makes sense that the sooner we move to a healthy state, the better life we'll live. Sure we can probably extend folks to 100+ now with artificial means, but at what cost? Alzheimers, Parkinsons, other life-debilitating diseases such as cancers and arthritis - all these can be staved off/eliminated/reversed with a plant based diet (in simple terms - keep the pH of food intake slightly alkaline, and it keeps the body running well)..

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Termites are meat. What kind of crazy azzed world do the vegans live in? Where animals are vegetables???

In that case.....

I'm a vegan!

ETA: I have to start farming termites, so that I can sell them to vegans. I have an advertizing scheme to start things off.....

Termites, the other salad!

edit on 16-2-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 40  41  42   >>

join