It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

phreakers on this board?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Just curious if there are phreakers on here? I used to phreak back in the 80's "good ole days" till i got busted
The days of the commodore 64
Now i work for a major telecom company and come across all kinds of sensitve info everyday. Its hard not to abuse it

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
i've never heard of Phreakers. is it like Freepers? probablly not, i would guess it's drug related, and then no i am not one.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I don't know of any hippiedude.
And Fang a phreaker is a Phone system hacker... I can see why that might be construed as a drug thing though.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Hi hippiedude. Is there anything you can tell me about this phone number? 1-888-472-4052. It is from this thread: xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 05:33 AM
link   
their al over the place on the net :-(

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Have you ever seen the Hacker's Quartely???? If you have, WHY do they ALWAYS have pictures of phone booths from Iran and other foreign countries on the back of the magazine???? That is something that has been a mystery for me.

By the way, I am not bagging on your hackerness. That is not my place. I know what you guys are like any way because my best friend was one of them. Notice how I said, WAS.

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Isn't war-chalking supposed to be the 'new' phreaking?

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Kevin MITNICK is my hero !

I even got a Social Engeener formation, yes, there are school to learn this job...

[Edited on 21-3-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abraham Virtue
Have you ever seen the Hacker's Quartely???? If you have, WHY do they ALWAYS have pictures of phone booths from Iran and other foreign countries on the back of the magazine???? That is something that has been a mystery for me.
By the way, I am not bagging on your hackerness. That is not my place. I know what you guys are like any way because my best friend was one of them. Notice how I said, WAS.

Because Hackers need to use foreign phone line to dont be catch by the FBI or the NSA...

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 05:45 AM
link   
You men phreakers. Phreakers use quirks in the phone system to call for free and tap into phone lines. The secret service and major telecom companies have cracked down on phreakers to the point that they are almost non-existant. Hackers are different, they write programs to do either good or bad (hacker is just another name for programmer, because they hack at the keyboard). Crackers are another thing, they try to break into computer systems by trying many different passwords to gain entrance. Hackers usually just bypass the password rather that guessing it.

XAOS

new topics

top topics

join