It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tatooine's twin suns - coming to a planet near you just as soon as Betelgeuse explodes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
??????

First off, why is this under technology?
And second, can they get any more lackadaisical about the situation?
I mean, sure..don't panic but don't make it sound like we're about to experience a passing comet either.

This is huge, no?

I always expected Jupiter to go nova (especially after plunging that satellite into that gaseous planet of ours but......I am not getting a real fuzzy feeling about this.

Tatooine's twin suns - coming to a planet near you just as soon as Betelgeuse explodes

.............................Yes, any day now we see a second sun light up the sky, if only for a matter of weeks.

The infamous red super-giant star in Orion’s nebula - Betelgeuse - is predicted to go gangbusters and the impending super-nova may reach Earth before 2012, and when it does, all of our wildest Star Wars dreams will come true.

The second biggest star in the universe is losing mass, a typical indication that a gravitation collapse is occurring.
www.news.com.au... 09247#ixzz1BSLwrxGz

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Already a good discussion on this here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Already a couple of threads HA.
One here, www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Already a couple of threads HA.
One here, www.abovetopsecret.com...

Damn! I hate when that happens. I search out the threads using the exact words in the headlines and I never get any hits.
ATS really needs a better search engine!
Thanks!
I figured this didn't go unnoticed!

Can someone alert the Mods please? I feel like I'm asking for my own speeding ticket or somethin' when I do that?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Can someone alert the Mods please? I feel like I'm asking for my own speeding ticket or somethin' when I do that?

BTW, the title alters if someone uses a different source..
Every news outlet spins it their way

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Betelgeuse is not the second biggest star in the universe.... and I dont think it will go supernova just yet maybe in 600,000 more years but no sooner

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucifersjester
Betelgeuse is not the second biggest star in the universe.... and I dont think it will go supernova just yet maybe in 600,000 more years but no sooner

Yeah but wouldn't it be a nice bit of history to add to our repertoire so to tell our grand-kids? Oh wait, we might not be around for that. So ......600,000 years sounds like a fine time!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join