It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Sis Launches DHS Takeover Of Hotels, Malls & Sports Stadiums

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Big Sis Launches DHS Takeover Of Hotels, Malls & Sports Stadiums

Following the January 1st implementation of the stasi-style “See Something, Say Something” campaign, in which Americans were urged to report “suspicious activity” by means of Orwellian telescreens placed at Wal-Mart checkouts which played a looped message from Janet Napolitano, the DHS announced that the program was set to be expanded to include 9,000 federal buildings, as well as sports stadiums, businesses and communities in general. We now know how that expansion will manifest itself – with Americans at every level of society being trained that activities such as using cash, not having a credit card, taking pictures or video footage, asking questions, and wearing certain items of clothing are all suspicious and should be reported, while being coerced into living in constant fear of terror, when in reality they are more likely to die from peanut allergies, lightning strikes, or accident-causing deer than terrorist attacks. DHS will no longer be limited to the airport in the form of the TSA, but will become a ubiquitous entity policing everyone through a network of citizen spies and infrastructure security technology. The agency will also assume the mantle of regulating Americans’ every behavior and activity. DHS signs are already in place all over the country telling people where they can and can’t park their cars.

Full Story Link

At what point are you willing to say enough is enough. At what point are you willing to say no more. Must every sense of liberty be stolen from you before you begin to feel the cold iron boot of oppression pressing upon your neck. Do you dare to look at your children knowing what you know. Do you smile at them while knowing in the back of your head that your lack of action guarantees their enslavement... All are never meant to see, but those who see are certainly meant to act. Your gift of understanding is not for personal amusement, but an appeal from God and nature to stand up and become the men and women that you were born at this very time to be. Now is not a time for apathy or for the abandonment of those less fortunate, now is but a time for action.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Oh this has been going on for quite some time, long before Nepalitano.

I work in a hotel, and this is how it goes down.

Every once and a while we get a visit by an FBI agent, that agent tells us about the plan, they are looking for people from out of state, paying cash. What they want us to do, is call them up, when someone checks in meeting these conditions and we give them the pertinent info (Drivers licence number, vehicle plate number, name) and what they do is, if it looks interesting enough to them, they send like a local cop or a state cop or someone to wait down the road from the hotel.

When the suspect vehicle leaves the hotel, they pull it over for whatever reason, and they find a reason to search the car.

What's in it for the hotel clerk?

Well, if they find something like drugs, once they convict the person with the drugs, the FBI returns to the hotel, and hands the clerk an envelope with cash equaling a percentage of the street value of the drugs they confiscated.

Like I said, this has been going on LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG before this administration.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I only watched the one for retail employees in full and parts of others, and this all seems like common sense and awareness training to me. People being aware of their surroundings and suspicious behavior and activities have saved many lives and prevented many tragedies. It's not as if they're asking employees or civilians to approach or detain anyone...just to report it to the proper authorities to be checked out. Like they said, better safe than sorry. I don't see anything nefarious or alarming here.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
One day your all over this world will be treated like me. I have no privacy in 19 years, and in my mind too. They will make that system, and i reckon its alot further ahead than we know.

My post is on topic, as what uk gov and police did to me, will one day be done to the whole population on earth in varying degrees.

The world is literally like a mixture of brave new world and 1984. You only get to see the 1984 when they really overtly target you.
edit on 1/21/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Yes. No surprise, except that there's a cash gift involved.

These videos stink of any dull, boring, dry, pre-employment instructional videos at any company.

What's the most concerning is that DHS is producing these as if directed at retards.

Anyone would report suspicious activity like someone parking their vehicle and walking away. Especially if there aren't any plates on it. LOL. The cops would have already been on that like stink on crap. Try it. Drive 3 blocks without plates.
Expired tags will take a few more blocks for them to catch.

With many police being removed because of budget issues it'll be up to the general public to report things.

Not to local police, oh no no. Report it to Uncle Janet. DHS will "take care" of them.

Those fusion centers are in business now without any oversight.

It's reminiscent of Germany. Absolute power over the general public. The future isn't looking all that bright.

Edit to add: I watched all three videos linked up at Infowars.com last night. I got the distinct feeling last night while watching that they are expecting something to happen. Real or contrived. I believe they are expecting it.
edit on 1·21·11 by DrMattMaddix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

Been saying this for a long time. Used to work in 'security', but no longer because I saw what they were planning on doing. Its only going to get worse. Eventully, the 'plan of man' is to integrate humanity into a global system controlled by artificial intelligence acting in a 'godlike' role, literally! This is already happening to a limited degree! Check out the transhumanist websites to learn the truth! Those allied with this effort are opposed to the plan of God, and are of the spirit of antichrist! To say this isn't so is to LIE! I can come up with numerous quotes from the people involved in the creation of the 'Web Mind', the 'Global Brain', to prove this is so. Numerous people who work in the government/corporate 'world', and many who post on this website, support them. To anyone who believes in God, who truthfully acknowledges Jesus Christ, and has received the Holy Spirit, who understands the promises of God, the 'plan of man' has nothing to do with the 'plan of God'! DO NOT go along with their plan! Its a deadly trap! Simply refuse to participate!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LanMan54

I'm not the only one who understands the 'plan of man'!

Transhumanism, Psychological Warfare and B.E.P.’s „Imma Be“ | The Vigilant Citizen.
The Transhumanist Agenda

Transhumanism is the name of a movement that claims to support the use of all forms of technology to improve human beings. It is far more than just a bunch of harmless and misguided techie nerds, dreaming of sci-fi movies and making robots.

It is a highly organized and well financed movement that is extremely focused on subverting and replacing every aspect of what we are as human beings – including our physical biology, the individuality of our minds and purposes of our lives – and the replacement of all existing religious and spiritual beliefs with a new religion of their own – which is actually not new at all.

www.skywatchmelle.wordpress.com

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Need more proof? Read the following!

From an interview with Council of the World Economic Forum co-chairman Maurice Strong, in which he outlines the plot of a novel "he would love to compose if only he could write":

"Each year, [Strong] explains as background to... the novel's plot, the World Economic Forum convenes in Davos, Switzerland. Over 1,000 CEO's, prime ministers, finance ministers, and leading academics gather in February to attend meetings and set economic agendas for the year ahead. With this as a setting, he then says: 'What if a small group of these world leaders were to conclude that the principle risk to the earth comes from the actions of the rich countries? ...In order to save the planet, the group decides: Isn't the only hope for the planet that the industrialized civilizations collapse? Isn't it our responsibility to bring this about?'

"'This group of world leaders,' he continues, 'forms a secret society to bring about an economic collapse. It's February. They're all at Davos. These aren't terrorists. They're world leaders. They have positioned themselves in the world's commodities and stock markets. They've engineered, using their access to stock markets and computers and gold supplies, a panic. Then, they prevent the world's stock markets from closing. They jam the gears. They hire mercenaries who hold the rest of the world leaders at Davos as hostage. The markets can't close...' This is Maurice Strong. He knows these world leaders. He is, in fact, co-chairman of the Council of the World Economic Forum. He sits at the fulcrum of power. He is in a position to do it. 'I probably shouldn't be saying things like this.'"

Source: Daniel Wood, "The Wizard of the Baca Grande," West Magazine (Alberta, Canada), May 1990.
Read more: www.meta-religion.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Your kidding right?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by him777

Are YOU kidding?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Yet more evidence to prove I'm right!

“According to Extropian philosopher Max More, “Lucifer is the embodiment of reason, of intelligence, of critical thought. He stands against the dogma of God and all other dogmas. He stands for the exploration of new ideas and new perspectives in the pursuit of truth.” He is also the archetypal iconoclast, rebel, and adversary (the word ‘Satan’ is from a Hebrew word, ‘Sathane’, meaning adversary or culminiator; in original Jewish usage [see the book of Job], Satan is the adversary, not of God, but of mankind; i.e., the angel charged by God with the task of proving that mankind is an unworthy creation). In the transtopian context, Lucifer represents ambition, rebellion, rational enlightenment, and the dark side of Transhumanism.” (skywatchmelle.wordpress.com)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

LoL! The narrator specifically says that wearing baggy clothing is suspicious.

People in retail centers are always using phones and cameras to snap pics of marketing, displays and facilities in order to solve issues related to doing business.

The fact is, people in malls are continually coming and going, it's a hectic fast paced environment with heavy employee turnover and low employee motivation or investment. Shoppers are too lulled and dulled by their consumption coma to pay attention to much of anything and I have personally never met a mall cop capable of doing anything more than flirting with attractive mall employees. The actual "eyes on" impact of the video is laughable, but the cultural impact is chilling.

Glen Greenwald commented that the most dangerous thing about the Obama administration adopting the Bush era policies on terror is that it tables debate on the topic by making it bi-partisan. What we see with these videos is exactly that, the wholesale acceptance of the police state. I guess we really are all potential terrorists now.

vimeo.com...

How many innocent citizens will be inconvenienced or temporarily detained in the course of just trying to go about their daily activities and business? All to head off a "potential" threat and still... our borders are porous and our immigration policy is a joke.

It's security theater.
edit on 21/1/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I don't vehemently disagree with anything you've said here and can see both sides, (I didn't catch the part aboyt baggy clothes though! Might need to rewatch.) Because one of my jobs is scriptwriting/storyboarding training videos (one of my major clients is the DoD), I might have been looking at these with a different eye, I guess also that I view most of what's suggested as something anyone and everyone should be aware of and should do in certain situations. Might some people take this to extremes? Probably. But that happens anyway.

I still do think we all need to be vigilant and suspicious activities in public places should be reported, particularly when there are fewer and fewer local police and inept mall cops
I also don't quite yet buy into the fact that we're rapidly becoming a police state...quite the opposite might in fact be true, at least for now, and maybe for a variety of reasons that may yet lead us there. (Posted on that in yesterday's thread entitled "Police State."). We definitely need to keep our eyes on that too, but I'm not as alarmed as some are. Not yet anyway.

Overall, I agree with better safe than sorry. And I agree that it's a fine line between keeping people safe and turning them into snitches. They're not asking people to do more than make a quick phone call if certain things that should alarm anyone happen. Seems law enforcement/the government can't win...damned if they don't do enough and damned if they do.

I guess everyone is a potential terrorist if your perspective is prevention, if you work or go to crowded places, and your job is to keep the people safe.

reply to post by him777

No, not really. I'm not alarmed. I think we have bigger problems to address...and also that many of these problems are actually exacerbating the situation we speak of here.
edit on 1/21/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I know this video has been linked in other threads but I think it gives a fair accounting of how this police state is not only being created, but also denied. The testimony of the producers is that the federal government has somehow officially banned this video from ever being shown on television again and that all saved copies that were DVR'd are somehow being erased by the carriers. It is the only video I know of that exposes the actual extent of the 'Fusion Centers' that have been built and are currently operational.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I see this as another way Big Bro is keeping us fearful. Did you notice that all the suspicious ones had either a black backpack or they were racially profiled or both. Paying for cash is suspicious too. Next it will be "Hey that guy isn't smiling OH NO!" "Look he's grumpy GET EM!" or "I'd like to place a 911 call because this person isn't making my life look candy coated!"

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I dunno whats up with the rest of the country but here in NYC we've been told to say stuff about what we see since 9/11. Ads like this started popping up all over the subways and buses/bus stops

www.likelihoodofconfusion.com...

Thats a picture of a subway car
edit on 21-1-2011 by jacktherer because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2011 by jacktherer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I think this was the original, but i don't really remember

farm5.static.flickr.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I have seen something. Every day in fact I see it. As I drive along in my car along the highway, I observe the posted signs saying "Speed Limit 60mph". Yet almost every single car on the highway is speeding. They must all be terrorists as they are in a hurry to go somewhere, or are they trying to get away from something. To all government watchdogs in the U.S.A., please be on the lookout for every single car that breaks the law and does not drive the posted speed limit, for they are all terrorists. Ok, thanks. Just doing my part.

new topics

top topics

join