It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does it mean to luicd dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hello All! One thing I'm both very open and privet about are my dreams. Every-time I sleep I lucid dream. It's strange because I feel like I never sleep a bit. My dreams are very vivid, I can control my dreams, feel and communicate with everyone and everything, and so forth. Can lucid dreaming be my gift or curse? One of the reasons why I believe I lucid dream is that I constantly think! I mean I always have something going through my noggin. haha! I am a bit mad! But I do enjoy having a chance to dream and see parts of the world in my dreams.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I think lucid dreaming allows you to control your subconscious and have access to it that others are unable to.

If anything, being able to lucid dream can open the possibilities to endless abilities, only if we can continue to explore deeper will we be able to know more about a part of life that not many are able to.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

That sounds interesting. I am a fan of history and while I have read about history I studied the mysterious of the past. Maybe I can crank my gift up a notch.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
You are very lucky person and lucid dreaming is definitely not a curse.
I wrote a lucid dreaming guide for ATS (link in my signature). You may check it. There are some advices for improving dreaming experience.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sectumsempra

It means you can control your dreams. Your born with it you don't just do it. The closest i can get to lucid dreaming is thinking what i what do dream about an hour before i go to bed. But you still can't control it... But when you lucid dream it's like your in "Inception"...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Disemboweled

I never have seen that movie but after the movie has been released told me I'm like the movie. In a definition way.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sectumsempra

Being able to Lucid Dream naturally is a gift imho... I have only been able to do it occasionally with great practice.

Now - however - remeber that this is still the physical reality and don't go and make problems for people uneccessarily. We already had a bloke like that around here who needed serious help.

Hopefully now he will get all the electricity he needs to solve his problems.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sectumsempra
Hello All! One thing I'm both very open and privet about are my dreams. Every-time I sleep I lucid dream. It's strange because I feel like I never sleep a bit. My dreams are very vivid, I can control my dreams, feel and communicate with everyone and everything, and so forth. Can lucid dreaming be my gift or curse? One of the reasons why I believe I lucid dream is that I constantly think! I mean I always have something going through my noggin. haha! I am a bit mad! But I do enjoy having a chance to dream and see parts of the world in my dreams.

I too can do this. I can decide what happens next in my dream, i can even ask people things in my dream about my "real" life and get answers back...answers that i remember. I too am like you, i lucid dream every night and i remember them all. I am totally aware i am dreaming and an wake or stay alseep if i want too.

The strangest lucid dream i had was a dream within a dream I was dreaming that i was asleep and dreaming. I then woke from that dream and thought i was awake in real life, it wasnt until i actually woke for real that i realised i had dreamed within a dream.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I don't lucid dream all the time, but i do more than others.

I feel its a gift. I think its what sets me apart from some people, honestly, i feel i am more farmiliar with others who lucid dream, maybe we are on a different wavelength.

I feel being able to unlock dreams will make us more powerful, in reality, you can dream anything, so if you could somehow incorporate the dream world to the realworld, you could do anything.

But then again i think of this movie paprika. They viewed their dreams so much, that they would always lucid dream, and it eventually made it so they started dreaming while awake, and pretty much did crazy # and killed themselves.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I never heard of lucid dreaming until I saw the movie "Waking Life"(great movie). I thought it was the coolest concept ever. Ive only been able to do it once. I used the tip from the film about flicking a light switch. It was not easy but, but after many nights trying, I had a dream where i was walking through a room and the light switch caught my attention. That was the trigger for me to realize I was dreaming. It was the coolest experience I may have ever had. The only problem is its very easy to get distracted and start losing control again. I think I could do it more often but I need to make effort to prepare myself before I fall asleep.

top topics

join