It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have an invisable friend?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

Originally posted by davespanners
A non verbal kid TOLD you that you had 3 angels floating over your head?

How many yes / no questions did you have to ask to get to that?

What are you laughing at, a joke? no, a clown? no, a teapot? no. Three angles floating over my head YES!!!!!!

I am thoroughly horrified by the way that you can just sit at your keyboard and just write such detremental words aimed towards non verbal handicapped children.

Your words come across as though you have absolutely no understanding of handicapped children and the way they communicate.

I am both appauled an astounded by your ignorance.

edit on 20-1-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

You're misunderstanding.. he was poking at the OP and not the children.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I have an invisible friend.

He tells me to set things on fire.

lol that was a joke.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_
I have an invisible friend.

He tells me to set things on fire.

lol that was a joke.

Great... you just got yourself put on several lists..

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Apparently (or so my mother tells me) I had an invisible friend called Martin I used to talk to and when I was even younger (when I first started talking apparently) I'd talk about being a fighter pilot in World War 2, knowing Edith Piaf, being shot down, holding up my arms while I was in bed and asking something that wasn't there to pick me up and also talking about "a man" that was in the room even though only me and my mother lived where we did at the time.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotThat
He was a non-verbal kid who could only talk by answering yes or no with his eyes. If you didn't ask the right questions it could be difficult to clarify what he wanted to say. For some reason my "people" were very funny to look at.

So.... How exactly did you come to ask him this? It seems like such an odd thing to ask. Also, how did he answer with his eyes? One blink for yes and two for no or something?

I am just sitting here trying to imagine you talking to this kid and asking him questions to find out what he is laughing about.... how in the world did you come to ask him if there were three angels floating over your head?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

Originally posted by davespanners
A non verbal kid TOLD you that you had 3 angels floating over your head?

How many yes / no questions did you have to ask to get to that?

What are you laughing at, a joke? no, a clown? no, a teapot? no. Three angles floating over my head YES!!!!!!

I am thoroughly horrified by the way that you can just sit at your keyboard and just write such detremental words aimed towards non verbal handicapped children.

Your words come across as though you have absolutely no understanding of handicapped children and the way they communicate.

I am both appauled an astounded by your ignorance.

edit on 20-1-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

I think I love you!!

This was my first teaching job and I am now retired, so it was a long time ago. The student couldn't use his body to point or to use a switch. He couldn't nod or shake his head. He looked up for yes and down for no.

It took a long time to communicate but he was persistent. I knew he wanted to talk about something he saw over my head. It was important to him so he finally was able to communicate with his mother and she told me that he saw angels over my head. When questioned I remember that one was a man, one might have been female but he wasn't sure, and the other he just laughed about it. He also said that he did not see whole bodies, just heads.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Ive seen many people who have claimed to have guardians or dead relatives with them.. and they werent ALL dying. The people even interacted with them and held one sided conversations. I worked in an ER for a decade.. Ive seen MANY weird things and the whole guardian angel/dead relative/ imaginary friend thing is definitely among the top ten events that always set off my creepy-crap-o-meter.

Yea, it would be creepy, especially if the "friend" is telling them to kill you or something like that.

Wasn't it ever nice? Like my grandmother is here to take me to heaven?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
I do believe most of us have spirits around us. My dogs confirm this often when they stare at seemingly blank walls growling and barking their heads off. Could be a spirit guide, passed loved one protecting us or something more sinister.
edit on 19-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

Dogs and little kids

I have been told that dogs are like three year olds. Perhaps innocence is required.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
speaking from 10 years experience in the same field, this is one viable option, along with so many more. I have had better conversations with 'non verbal' individuals than my own friends.

Oh and to anser the OP,
I had one when I was a kid, his name was Jason or James, I cant really remember, but I remember seeing him and talking aout him alot, even where he lived in my house, through the middle wall and upstairs, even though we lived in a little 4 room one story house.
edit on 19-1-2011 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

Thank you!

What did he look like? Did he change clothes? What did you do or talk about?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gougitousakusha
i feel as though my dead aunt stops in every once in a while, she was my godmother and i sensed her death.

For about a year after my sister died I felt her once in awhile. Then I had a dream where she gave everyone a gift on her Birthday, (I got a teddy bear) and I didn't feel her anymore.

Thank you for sharing that.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingviolet

"wow that's sparkley" I

You just never know...children and the innocent may have some sort of special sight or something, they're pure and wise at the same time.

Sparkley. That's nice! I wonder if that is what my student saw that he liked so much.

I didn't really believe in guardian angels after I realized that my mother didn't. I wonder if we just tune things out.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
Not since I was a child have I had an invisible friend. It was a dog actually one of those goofy looking blood hounds with floppy ears. .

Could you see him or feel his presence? Did he talk to you?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Perhaps asking leading questions or giving the idea that these things even exist cause children who naturally want to please their parents a way to do so. Its a possibility.Im being serious.. not disrespectful.

Im saying that these kinds of stories are nice, but they are completely useless for any serious investigation into this. Children are very perceptive and can also be lead into saying anything you want to hear... even if its not our intention to do that on purpose.

You are right. It is hard to get a clear answer from a kid when you are limited to yes/no questions. sometimes you get a yes when you are only sort of right. Perhaps his mother used the word angel when someone else wound have said fairies or elves. He definately wanted to talk about what he saw.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

I dont rememebr any details exactly, couldnt even tell you what he looked like.
Justthat he had a 'J' name and lived upstairs, through the panelled wall, when their was no upstairs.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

I worked with an autistic boy, who also had a general developmental delay, who was compensated with the ability to 'see' things!

That being said, when I was about 7 years old, I had an invisible friend called Susan, who lived in my Mum's wardrobe amongst the mothballed fur coats, who listened to all my problems with my sisters. I can't honestly remember now whether I thought Susan was real!

What did your student see?

It is interesting that both you and your son had an invisable friend. did Susan talk back? Did you play together? Did she wear different things?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Apparently (or so my mother tells me) I had an invisible friend called Martin I used to talk to and when I was even younger (when I first started talking apparently) I'd talk about being a fighter pilot in World War 2, knowing Edith Piaf, being shot down, holding up my arms while I was in bed and asking something that wasn't there to pick me up and also talking about "a man" that was in the room even though only me and my mother lived where we did at the time.

That's really interesting. Perhaps you were re-living a previous life. It is interesting having an invisable man. I assume that Martin was also a child.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Did you know he was pretend or was he real to you?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotThat

I worked with an autistic boy, who also had a general developmental delay, who was compensated with the ability to 'see' things!

That being said, when I was about 7 years old, I had an invisible friend called Susan, who lived in my Mum's wardrobe amongst the mothballed fur coats, who listened to all my problems with my sisters. I can't honestly remember now whether I thought Susan was real!

What did your student see?

It is interesting that both you and your son had an invisible friend. did Susan talk back? Did you play together? Did she wear different things?

Unfortunately, I don't remember very much about Susan - she probably did talk back, or I would not have spent so much time in the wardrobe with her, especially as it was dark, uncomfortable, smelled of mothballs and I wasn't really allowed to be there!
My son L's friend spent a lot of time with him, and I did sit on her at least once! Why he chose a woman for his IF, I simply don't know..the idea that she could actually have been real rather creeps me out!
My student didn't see anything for me, but he did for other teachers/carers... That being said, I had another student say to me, apparently randomly "Don't be afraid, D" (my real name) when I walked into the classroom one morning. How did she know I was worrying myself sick about something that day? That was the first time she had ever spoken to me - I hadn't known she was even aware of me! (She could speak, but generally she chose not to, to anyone.) Special needs teaching is like any other teaching - you leave your issues outside the classroom, and don't by word, deed or expression let the students know anything's up... so I know that Andreea couldn't have picked up my turmoil by ordinary means.
Vicky

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Not now, but I had one when I was young. He was caucasian, extremly (I do mean extremely) thin, wore an old-style black suit with a black top hat. He was very nice. I would try to feed him, but he wouldn't eat. We would talk a lot, but I cannot remember what of. I only saw him when I went to my grandmothers' house. She asked me who I was talking to once, and I told her (described him and everything). She laughed and told me she believed me because all the children see and talk to him. One day he just went away.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

My son L's friend spent a lot of time with him, and I did sit on her at least once! Why he chose a woman for his IF, I simply don't know..the idea that she could actually have been real rather creeps me out!

Interesting that you could sit on an invisable friend.
What is real?
Counselors talk about re-framing experiences. If your picture of life fits in a 4 by 6 frame, enlarge your perceptions to fit an 8 by 10 frame. How you view things will change dramatically. If I have an 8 by 10 frame, I think reality is a mile square frame. If I can just see big enough perhaps I will know what is real.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join