It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supernova about to give Earth a second sun.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSource
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

If another light the size of our sun appears I would think it wouldn't matter how far away it was it would produce heat here on earth and cause the temp to alot during the 2 to 3 weeks it was there. I don't know about anyone else but I wouldn't want to be near costal areas and some good shade would be nice.

It won't cause any heat to us as it is to far away. Look at my post further up the page. It will tell you all you need to know and it will show you that there is nothing to worry about.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
There has been so many views on this issue because its been a tikking bomb for a very long time. I had astronomy books back when i was aorund 14, ca 1995 where they predicted it would happen between 2010 and 2020, so it seems that trying to get to see it "Live" is minimal for the most part of us. But the aftermath will be amazing!
Thankfully these explotions/implotions does not do much damage for more than 100 lightyears out from the center and we are about 600 lightyears away. So does that mean it already happened roughly 600 lightyears ago?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
"As blue as our new second sun" - Tool - "Third Eye"

-

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
When it does happen i wonder if we will get an extra bank holiday

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost artistic
There has been so many views on this issue because its been a tikking bomb for a very long time. I had astronomy books back when i was aorund 14, ca 1995 where they predicted it would happen between 2010 and 2020, so it seems that trying to get to see it "Live" is minimal for the most part of us. But the aftermath will be amazing!
Thankfully these explotions/implotions does not do much damage for more than 100 lightyears out from the center and we are about 600 lightyears away. So does that mean it already happened roughly 600 lightyears ago?

If it was seen to explode today, basically yes if that distance is correct.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I'll bet as we speak, Al Gore is busy trying to Invent a new solution that creates another tax for a problem that doesn't actually exist.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Flag!

I had a dream a few years ago about this. I was out on my back porch watching the stars when one went supernova right infront of me. It reminds me now slightly of the Norway spiral, however just in a violet hue.
Even though it turned out to be a dream, the moment I realized what I was "witnessing", well lets just say I was

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
May have been posted in all the posts
If it did go supernova its still would take about 600 years to get here if it didnt go already in the past.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Well since it has to happen in the past maybe thats how it was seen when the revelation part was written about the third trumpet.

Just saying.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

We were trained for this lol

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm somewhat surprised by the fervor this post is generating. "Any day now" in astrological terms and cosmological time is...oh, perhaps millions of years. 3 million years in the life of a star is a blink, so to look for this inevitable collapse even in a human time frame is, well...just silly.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
"And there will be a sign in heaven"

I've always wondered what kind of celestial event would make mankind stop in his tracks, and acknowledge something in the heavens. Three weeks of uninterupted daylight just might do the trick.

I approve, commence with operation lucifer...................

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Dead animals, aproaching comet of impending doom and now a star about to go supernova, i wonder what will be next?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Hopefully sooner than later. Would be incredible to be around and witness that to say the least.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Is it just me or does NASA seem to be coming out with a heap of possibles relating to unussual objects visible in our skies in the very near future? So when Wormwood (Nibiru) becomes visible to the naked eye supposed experts will say...... nooooo thats just a supernova.......nooooo thats just a second sun.....
noooo thats just a massive meteor heading in our general direction.
Not so long ago when new to this site in a thread regarding planet x i stated that it would be visible to the man walking down the street by June/July 2011 and got hammered for it. Well lets just see what happens.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
"As blue as our new second sun" - Tool - "Third Eye"

-

First of all gotta give kudos to the Tool quote, I love Tool, and there's no doubt in my mind that their lyrics are filled with esoteric symbolism like what you have mentioned. They are a swell band of fellows.

Anyway, my real comment was going to be about how I've only seen the "2nd sun" quote in reference to one thing: Mayan time. They say we are living amongst the "4th sun" and are soon to experience the "5th sun". I've also seen the Mayas reference the transition period as a time where man will (if he is successfully harvested from the terrestrial sphere to the next) witness a 2nd sun.
Clip from a new documentary by/about Mayan prophecy called "The Shift of the Ages": (looks veeery interesting)

www.youtube.com...

This "2nd sun" could certainly well be the blue hopi star/wormwood. It could also be the New Sun that "dawns" on our "new day".

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Do you guys remember the John Titor posts? He said that something very special would happen in 2012 that everyone would know about. This certainly sounds like a possibility.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by robinmorningstar
I'm somewhat surprised by the fervor this post is generating. "Any day now" in astrological terms and cosmological time is...oh, perhaps millions of years. 3 million years in the life of a star is a blink, so to look for this inevitable collapse even in a human time frame is, well...just silly.

You can only really say that if you have that level of astronomical knowledge.

Most people, I imagine, aren't as well schooled in astronomy as you, so from that perspective it is not "just silly" to be intrigued by this situation as it is a very out of the ordinary event.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

you know if jhon titor was a hoax , then why does he have a lawyer?
seems like his preditions have been 50/50 on coming true , given that he was from another reality alternate timeline makes sense

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join