It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take off your shoes,NOW

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Dave ,those quotes are from the website,Just wondering what all those 20 year olds were dying from,? I doubt they died because they didnt have a pair of sneakers?I dont think the Australian Aborigines or other Native people were dying at 20 and they didnt wear shoes.Believe me it's ok to go barefoot ,although some people might call you a feral.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
If you all are worried about not being able to move your toes in your shoes, then try this pair out!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Interestingly enough, I used to live in MN, and I learned from a great friend of the Anishnabe that three days after a child is born, you're supposed to place their bare feet on the ground as an "introduction" to mother earth. I always thought this to be a very special event.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
reply to post by trinity369

,I read about that sungazing a week ago in a thread,But you say you have been doing it for years ,do you get any benefits ,side effects Good and bad?Blindness!

Time for common sense. Riddle me this, why did navigators go blind well before their time during the early colonial era? Because of the Quadrant instrument they used. I could see if you "stared" at the sun with your eyes closed for 15 or so minutes(well in reality you should get about 15 minutes I think of sun light for healthy vitamin D production? in your body or something like that).

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
As much as I'm not into things that can seem to be a bit new agey ... this actually makes sense intuitively. Whether there is an actual scientific basis to this, or else perhaps it's just a way of connecting to a more tribally rooted part of our past, I do believe that actually feeling the ground with our bear feet may help us to remain healthy.
edit on 19-1-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I absolutely believe we were meant to get benefits from walking barefoot on earth....that is when the earth was in balance. Don't forget pesticides, the fact that soils are depleted, imbalanced, therefore full of other nasty microbes.
Monsanto's Roundup Triggers Over 40 Plant Diseases and Endangers Human and Animal Health

I got some weird parasite just from gardening in my yard. I have no idea what it was. I'd get a weird itchy rash on my forearms only when I went outside in the sunlight. Nothing would make it better, no anti-fungal, no cortisone, nothing. I went on a parasite cleanse with herbs, and it vanished. So if you're going to go walking around barefoot, make sure it's not in an area that's been sprayed with chemicals, and it would probably be a good idea to do a regular parasite cleanse. Ick.

edit on 19-1-2011 by kalamatas because: typo

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I envy you people who can enjoy 365day warm climate in south, here in Northern Europe almost half a year it's too cold and too much snow to walk barefoot

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
This is very interesting. It makes me wonder what all we could gain by living from the earth and not from all this civilized mumbo jumbo. It's sad how people are destroying mother earth. Maybe one day we will come to a realization that the greatest thing of life is the very thing that gives us life everyday.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
This thread is awesome! I thought I was the only one who felt better when physically touching the earth! S&F
I love walking barefoot when I can. When I was a kid, I would hardly ever wear shoes & would play outside barefoot. I can say it really does make you feel better. I don't know if it's the electrical pulses from the earth herself or if it's the feel of soft grass under your feet that makes you feel so good. My boyfriend is a germaphobe & hypochondriac so he rarely sets foot outside (other than to go to work), and he is NEVER without his socks & shoes, so he does not know the feeling you get when you are in touch with Mother Nature.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jessieg
I go barefooted a lot. Most of the time if I don't have to wear shoes I take them off. I go barefooted outside some, but there are so many acorns in the yard that it hurts. Also I have to watch out for dog poop, my own, and the ten or so other strays from the neighborhood that seem to want to use our yard.

Right now I have on a double set of socks because it is cold. I guess the electrons can get through socks though.

C'mon now mate......Your dog & the 10 or so strays have a legitimate reason.You however,should know better!!
(2nd line,schmecond line....sometimes things need sayin' are no longer than 1 line)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I go barefoot 90% of the time here.. Only wear sandals when work in my garden, gathering fruit and fishing.. Never could stand wearing shoes.. Like to feel the ground as walk cant do that with shoes on.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I don't have a lot to add except to say I am one of those bare footed people all summer long. By summer's end I can even walk on the cement sidewalk comfortably.

While in shoes you don't think about it, but when barefoot you get massive sensory feedback with each step -- not so good on rocks, but very pleasurable in dirt or on grass. I love it!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Greetings 12voltz;

Forgive me for not replying sooner it was late and I had to go to bed.

If you go to the site and read about the benefits, HRM explanes them it in detail, along with the benefits.

What I can attest to is that my appetite has decreased, my thinking is much more positive, and some of my physical problems have left my body or returned to normal. I use to suffer from pitting edema (swelling of the lower legs) now, as long as I do not eat foods with preservatives and high sodium content it is not a problem at all. At one time I had to were compression stockings it was so bad, and painful.

As far as blindness, NO not at all. However in order to do this safely you must follow the parameters specifically.

Only ten second increase per day. Example six days in a row = one min.

Only during the first hour of sunrise or last hour before sunset. (Print out these times for your area from a program you can find on line).

No glasses or contacts. (very important)

Buy a UV meter to check the level of UV's during gazing time. (also important)

Stand on sand or dirt, always bare foot. Grass is not permitted.

I prefer to do this at sunrise, as it is more gradual.

Again the site is solarhealing.com...

Please read all the information, and make it a goal to do when you can. I know it has changed my life, physically and spiritually.

In Love, Light and Wisdom
trinity369

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I hate shoes.

One of my favorite quotes....
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair."
Khalil Gibran

Shoes are for sissies!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Bare foot
edit on 19-1-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

What if I happen to live in the top of a skyscraper, would that distant me from earth´s energy ?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I posted this a while back in New Energy Coming In - Anyone else feeling it?,

Originally posted by Whateva69
Just putting this out there in case someone else is experiencing the same as I .

I’m not sure if its relevant, but yes the last few weeks I have felt the energy in the air outside change, my hair on my arms stands up also causing the hairs in my ears to go crazy giving me vertigo.
I’m pretty sensitive to soundings and I never wear shoes.

How about that hey.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jessieg
Also I have to watch out for dog poop, my own, and the ten or so other strays from the neighborhood that seem to want to use our yard.

Eww... you poop in your own back yard?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I have a form of peripheral neuropathy that flares up from time to time, causing burning sensations/tingling, etc. in my limbs. I've noticed that the best thing I can do to alleviate the symptoms is to go spend a day shore fishing--barefoot, of course. It makes sense to me, being that the nervous system is one of electrical impulses and direct contact with the earth could have an immediate effect on it.

Of course, I'm sure some of the benefits have to do with the negative ions generated by nearby running water, but it just goes to show you (or at least me) that the more time we spend immersed in nature, and not separated from it, the healthier and happier we'll be.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Should be careful whrre you go barefoot. my mom had tapeworm when she was around 12 years old. LIved here in southwest CT. was around 1960 at the time. doctor said she picked up something walking barefoot. tapeworm parasite was in the ground, where ever it was she was walking. wasnt fun either taking it out ..her docotr at the time, used a long wooden q tip stick with sugar on the end..tapeworm travleed up her esophogus and the docotr rolled it onto the long wooden stick very carefully so it owuld snap. was a long one too so she had told me..
so where those shoes when out!

<< 1    3 >>

join