It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone or Something just read my mind in public.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I am fairly new to ATS and have read numerous threads about people in public places thinking and having their thoughts read. One in particular where someone talks about going to dinner with his family and "people" at a table listen to his thoughts and drop things on the floor at his request and how they acknowledge his thoughts in other ways.

Well since reading those threads ive made it a point to simply think "If anyone can hear me clap your hands or show me some sort of sign that you can". It had been about a week since i started and i had nothing happen until just today when i took my lunch break. Near my office there is a Wal Mart with a Subway built into it (as im sure there are for most everyone in the USA now.). I was sitting at a table in the Subway but there is no closed off wall, its simply an open walkway to the cash registers and cashiers in the check out aisles of Wal Mart.

So i thought to myself "ya know i havent asked if anyone could hear me recently". So i thought "If anyone can hear me clap your hands or show me some sort of sign that you can". I said that as i was looking at the cash registers....then i looked to my left and noticed the cashier of the subway looking at me strange....as i looked back to my right from the direction of the registers in Wal Mart i saw a penny rolling without wobble directly into the Subway at a fast speed. It remained in my view past my seat and table and into the dining room of the Subway. I was half shocked and have intrigued so i began to look around and see where it could have possibly come from. The man behind the register seemed to ignore me and no one else seemed to notice the penny. WIth no luck i finished my sub and sat back down. Then right before i left something told me to look for the penny that rolled into the Subway. Mind you; no one else seemed to notice the penny, no one walked to the area where the penny would have landed either. I searched the whole Subway floorspace and did not find the penny anywhere at all.

If anyone has had this kind of experience or can relate to this i would love to hear some feedback.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The expression ''Penny for your thoughts'' seems quite apt.

Might have to try that sometime.

Peace
edit on 18-1-2011 by Beyond Creation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Na i do not.

Its sort of how i found out that schools in england are using electronic mind control in 1992, i stumbled into it.

But today i will not bother with people, and after 19 years of this garbage, i choose to ignore all people, and will never play games like that.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity are you sure you were not speaking out loud by accident. I am always worried about that myself since I talk in my sleep, I fear the same may happen when I am thinking about something that is why I ask.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The problem with things like this is, how can you be sure they're not delusions of reference, or just plain paranoia? I think there's a greater chance that people thinking this way are either on their way to developing a mental illness, or they're there already, as opposed to genuinely having their mind read. That's not to say they're not "legit", I don't know- but it could be dangerous to obsess about things like this too much, then you definitely will end up paranoid. Just don't go telling any figure of authority about this, then you'll be sure to be wacked on some anti-psychotics

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I wouldn't do that again if I were you. You'll just make yourself go nuts.
Yeah, if you ask, you are bound to see little occurrences that seem to validate it. It could just be coincidence. I really see nothing significant about a penny rolling by as you thought that. It could be that penny would have rolled by anyway, if you had been thinking about what to do after you ate your sub. If you'd been thinking something different, you'd be like everyone else who ignored the penny. Who really pays much attention to a penny rolling by anyway? If it were a hundred dollar bill, yeah you'd be all after it. But a penny? Most people hardly want to waste time picking a penny up any more.

Also, people really don't like being looked at by strangers. If you look a stranger in the eye, they'll probably give you a funny look. They are wondering if they know you or why you are looking at them.
I think you are just inviting evil if you ask for validation like that. There are evil forces in the world and they'd love to deceive you anyway.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
In response to the last two posts....I definitely was not talking out loud, that would defeat the purpose of thinking "If you can hear me clap your hands or show me a sign" haha. As for paranoia, I am in great physical condition and very stable mental and emotional condition so im fairly comfortable in my own skin. I know what i saw was real otherwise i wouldnt have posted it on here to waste anyones time. More feedback please!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Jessieg.....you do have a point. Especially with the evil forces being invited in. I may try it a few more times to make sure im not totally crazy but this experience has validated a few things for me. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I must be missing something...
To sum up..

You mentally asked for a sign (as you have done before) for someone to clap their hands...nobody clapped their hands.
You seen a penny rolling.

You later could not find the penny.

erm...what exactly does this prove?

hold on...going to try and experiment -breaks-

ok, back...I walked outside and said out loud (but not too loud) "If there are elves in my laundry basket, show me a sign"
Just then the wind picked up slightly, and a small bug flew across my field of vision

Does that mean there are elves in my laundry basket, or I am just associating random events into some meaningful context?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Don't let the skeptics give you too much crap. they choose to find every other answer first do their programming of it being socially unnaceptable to have said experiences.

I get these all the time, and still appear normal to everyone else. I don't discourage people from wanting to believe in these things, as i have observed with my own limited senses the very same things and can demonstrate it to others. But be choosy who you show it too. The smaller the group the safer. there seems to be a problem using gifts in direct observation by masses. it is at that point a test of wills believers vs non-believers. a non-belief is a powerful anti-gift deterrent and it has something to do with the will.

mass-will can be harnessed as a powerful anti-psychic protection shield similar to the ways psychics use the will to protect against gifts.

so essentially non-believers use their own gifts to block, even when they have no idea they are gifted.

yes it cracks me up too. lol

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by matthewgraybeal

Dont get me wrong. This is absolute proof positive of psychic abilitys...I think nobody should ever use critical thinking, just accept everything, no matter how random it may seem, as psychic phenomona.
Just now as I type this, I have a little fan that is going..and it is still going, meanwhile, the minute on my digital clock ticked up a minute...that right there proves it....

what does it prove? It proves psychic ability of course

and to say that none of that is proof of psychic ability means your just being a skeptic whom is blocking your own potential.

I bet your typing on a keyboard...aren't you.
See, I knew that because I am psychic.

And to double prove it...I bet you also use a mouse....see...explain to me how I would know that without being psychic
But, don't use just mundane answers like using deductive reasoning...expand your mind

btw, I am writing a book on how to be psychic like me. will be on amazon soon, how many can I put you down for?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

This isn't exactly the same thing, and I apologize in advance for not having an answer for you, but I wanted to share my recent experiences because they are somewhat similar, I think.

Lately, almost every day, in fact, I will have a certain thought... kind of a question in my mind and within hours, the answer just comes to me.

For example... this is kind of funny, some may find it gross, lol. But I think it's a good example. My boyfriend and I are Civil War reenactors. Usually, during reenactment season, the men let their hair and facial hair grow out so that they look more "authentic." When I first met my boyfriend, he had this HUGE beard... very long. I didn't like it, lol. That was before we were together though, but that's beside the point. Anyway, yesterday, I was driving to his house and thought to myself, "wonder if he ever put his beard in a pony tail?" First of all, that was a stupid, way-out-there kind of thought. I have no friggin clue why that specific thought just popped into my head. Anyway, I got to his house and was looking at his collection of Civil War stuff and laying there with it was hair with a rubber band around it. I laughed and said, "what is this?" He said "that's my beard!" He had put it in a rubber band, like a pony tail, and cut it off... don't know why he kept it, LOL! But this is just one of the many things that have been happening to me lately. I think a thought... usually a question and then forget about it. Usually within a few hours, but sometimes in just a few seconds, I get an answer to the question. I don't speak these thoughts out loud, so I just find it strange. It's happening to me more and more lately.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

yes jaded tastes delicious

i cant blame you for wanting to respond.

unless you have eliminated every possible reason within the likelyhood of events taking place at the very moment you assert a request on your gift, invariably there will be skepticsm.

believe me psychic gifts are not jedi-awesome local enviornment fireworks displays, they are subtle things.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Believe me if there is anyone that is a skeptic its me. Ive always been the type of person who goes by the motto of "seeing is believing". So when i read those previous threads it seemed like something simple that i could try out and if something happens then id have an experience or two.

And to clarify I thought to myself and not out loud "If anyone can hear me clap your hands OR show me a sign" and within 2 seconds a penny came rolling past me. So there wasnt a long pause in between my thought and the action of the penny rolling by in response. It all happened pretty much together as if someone had an instant response or knew that i was going to think that.

So thanks again for all the feedback and if anyone else has experienced this type of thing please continue to keep me posted. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hey OP,

While I'm not sure that the penny has any significance to your asking for a sign, I find your experiment very interesting and am definitely going to try it.

I have an ability, not to read people's minds, but to read their feelings. I walk by complete strangers and will get sudden feelings of happiness, sadness, anxiety, nerves etc. I'm not a fruit-loop myself so don't experience mood swings or anything like that, I just pick up on other people's feelings really easily. I have considered that it may just be that I'm good at reading people's body language so who knows?

If I feel your feelings, there's bound to be somebody, somewhere, who can read your mind.

Good luck though, and please keep us posted.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This is a very bad way to confirm this. You have confirmation bias.

There are two fairly decent ways of doing this. One is to wait for someone to say what you said outloud and then look at you. To be fair, those people are usually so surprised by it themselves that they do indeed look at you in vast surprise, and then they walk away trying to dismiss it. Don't expect them to actually want to sit around and chat with you - they're busy trying to tell themselves that didn't just happen.

Most people aren't walking around with their mental phone up saying waiting to answer your call. People who are surprised are often the ones that were concentrating on something else and letting their subconscious track the environment around them. You know, so they don't walk into a wall while reading a file. They aren't intentionally looking to "hear" you, they are trying to avoid tripping, or monitoring their safety.

The other way is to look around. It is rather likely the person will look at you and nod. There is still the possibility of confirmation bias in that some people are just darn friendly. You have to realize, they are unlikely to willing to put themselves out in public with the acknowledgement that they do hear you because they don't need to look crazy. A lifetime spent knowing that people think you are impossible leaves an imprint.

edit on 2011/1/18 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

edit on 2011/1/18 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I used to try to talk to my pets like this. I tried all sorts of different methods to get them to acknowledge that they understand me.. but then I turned 7 years old and grew out of it.

I've never tried with people, other than "Get out of the left hand lane damnit!
", but I suspect that it's the same thing as when I was a kid. If someone reacted, and it was a pure coincidence, I think you would convince yourself that it meant something.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Look at it this way. You are doing your experiment and asking for an answer. At that point you are unusually responsive to your environment trying to notice anything at all. A penny rolls by and that's a good enough answer for you. Had you not been involved in your experiment you likely never would have seen that very same penny roll by. There really is no connection between the two.

Don't call me a skeptic yet. I think you've set the bar too high here. Look at what you are asking. You want someone to pick up on your thoughts verbatim and give you the answer you have pre-selected. Well, what if that happened? If someone DID pick up on your thoughts verbatim, he would have to consciously decide to give you your answer. That's a big hurdle right there. If I COULD read yor thoughts, why would I let you know I could? I might like to keep that a secret. I'm not obligated to let you know. So let's say I was feeling very generous this day. So you ask, I clap, and then I look at you and grin. Maybe that's enough of an answer for you, but to consumate this little effort you'd pretty much have to come over to me and ask why I just clapped my hands. I'd have to tell you because you asked me to. My guess is that would pretty well do it for you, but it places me in a vulnerable position.

Anything less than that is pure speculation on your part. If you do your experiment and I clap my hands, it just may be that I'm responding to another touchdown by the Bears rather than read your thoughts. You could chalk that up to a synchronous event, but that's not exactly how your experiment was set up. Now we can go on and talk about synchronicity. That's kind of fun when that happens, but it is a far cry from someone else picking up and responding to your thoughts.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I know what you mean, asking for signs in your mind and getting them, and experiencing strange synchronicities and coincidences Trust me I've been there, just don't stumble too far down the rabbit hole or you might get lost - trust me, I've been there too.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eonnn
I know what you mean, asking for signs in your mind and getting them, and experiencing strange synchronicities and coincidences Trust me I've been there, just don't stumble too far down the rabbit hole or you might get lost - trust me, I've been there too.

... find yourself looking for meaning in everything. on bad days the meanings become ominous. yeah, not a good thing to do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join