It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rules of dating?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Kayzar

Take it there aren't many SECOND dates?

You would be supprised, but i am honest with them. I tell them up front that there will be risks involved in dating me including but not limited to financial loss and unwanted pregnancy.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kayzar

Ah, so you take the "bad boy" angle....

Hey, whatever float your boat...(and hers, I suppose)...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

good list there!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kayzar
As a man i always pay.however i also will go through her purse in the morning when i get up and take whatever cash she has before i leave.

There is always one trying to even out, what alot of females do.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Rule5: Don't get drunk and cry

been there done that and got the T shirt

As for me Dave said it best

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
My philosophy on dating, is nirvana stay away song. Never had anything to do with females and glad. Found this song before i found out about females, and it sums up my position since then to them. Will always be thankful to kurt for this song.

edit on 1/18/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined
Ive noticed alot of my girlfriends I talk to have rules of dating. Some woman think the man should pay for everything, some think only half, and others would rather pay for it all.

So my question is, when it comes to going on a date, do you think its the man who should pay for all of it? Or should it be 50/50?

And what is your rule of dating?

Ive always preferred to pay for everything. I dont know where it stems from, I guess im very independent and try to take the mans role in the relationship

Technically there are no set rules, it is an individual thing. In the past though when I dated I always felt the 3-1 ratio was more pragmatic(since a moderate percentage of women are self-absorbed cheap-skates). If she fails to take up(plan, pay for) after the third one then just dump her as she is only self absorbed.

But in all reality women should probably pay for the dates, especially among generation Y as young women make more than young men(young women make about 1.25$ more then young men), since the only reason men paid in the first place was because in the old days most women didn't work.

Take this insight for what it's worth.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
whoevers idea it was to go out should pay. I wouldn't say "oh, let's go out" then expect him to pay and if he said "hey, wanna go out?" and expect me to pay, then he's not very bright cause I'm usually broke. Speaking of being broke (not always but you know how it goes... I don't go out because I have bills to pay) if I want to spend time with someone and feel I should invite them somewhere and I have no money and so I make it a date that is not really "money oriented" and he is dissatisfied because he wants to go eat, drink and blow money... then he's probably not very responsible so screw him.

Going places occasionally is cool and all but all that dating stuff is... I dunno, worrying a whole hell of a lot about something that should be a pleasant encounter between two people that want to spend time together. If you want to spend time with someone, does it really matter that much where you go or what you do? but maybe there was something you wanted to see or something and would make for a fun evening... ok... but that person pays. It was their idea.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Okay, what you need to do is pull a Derren Brown esque sleight of hand and when you reach for your wallet secretly pull her debit card from her purse. You then need to use a few psychological NLP triggers and figure out her PIN, happy days as she will believe you paid for the food until she sees her monthly bank statement

In all seriousness though, I'd stick with the "who offers pays rule" but I also believe that women should be prepared to pay half. I know that in a realistic setting this would be slightly uncomfortable (and probably ruin your chances) but in all honesty it would be nice to see the female (or opposite date) be prepared to pay their way...

The age old stereotypical opinion of the male should pay is deluded in my opinion and besides, in all seriousness, why would any guy or gal want to pay £/$ 60 on someone they didn't like or get along with?

Take em to McDonalds

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
From my point of view both partners should have to pay during date.Each individual think different about this matter.
Me and my girl friend frequently spend money during dating time.Some times i give some times she.At first date its pleasure of a boy to pay the dues at hotel,restaurant and other places which was visited during first date.
----------------------------------------------------------------
For perfect dating visit Dating Sites | Casual Dating

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

Dating is about building a relationship. There is no correct answer or percentage here.

The right road here is to go on the date, enjoy yourself, attempt to build a connection and size up the guy. When the check comes, ask him how he wants to do it.

If you end up paying, if he pays, if you split it, if you pay for your own.... take it as it is in the context. There's no reason to have a rule. See if you like the guy by including the totality of all the circumstances, including how you handle money on the date.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I think this is a good thread, get to see how different people handle things.

I agree whoever's idea it was to go out should pay, but be open and dont offer to cover any portion if you can't do it. Also anyone who offers to cover a portion shouldnt be shocked or offended if the other takes you up on it.

As a man I do feel obligated to pay. I usually drive too and I never put spending limits on a date. Dont ever hesitate to change the course of the evening, if she suggests somewhere out of your price range just say so, you'll come off weaker when she finds out your broke and blew all your money on one night. Also, I'm a very physical person and I have found it a good idea to break the contact barrier early, give her a hug when you pick her up, open the door and guide her into the restaurant with your hand on the small of her back, be assertive but dont be creepy, it will set a good tone for the night and women like confident assertive guys.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I do have a list of foods you shouldn't eat on a date. Too much hazard, too messy, get stuck in teeth, feel free to add:

tacos
spaghetti
corn on the cob
anything with poppy seeds
anything with sesame seeds
ribs
huge subs

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

HOT WINGS!! are really messy, I would avoid it.
edit on 17-5-2011 by pyrodude because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
My father was a gentleman.
and so am I. so if I have the money I pay.
um I don't have a lot of money.
so I don't go on many dates.
to nice for my own good.

if you eat garlic. make shore she has some to!

edit on 17-5-2011 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

There are frugal dates you can go on, that can be interesting also. Places like museums, nature parks, etc. can not only be inexpensive, but interesting, unique, and memorable. In my younger days, I'd do something like this, saving more for a nicer dinner, etc., and if nothing else, at least the dates were memorable.

Of course, best to make sure the gal will be open to such locations, but could always surprise them too.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I think whoever asked for the date pays initially, after that take turns.

My bf and I will do it this way, one pays for the meal or the movie the other leaves the tip or gets the goodies.

I know if I ask him to go out to eat or to a movie I don't expect him to pay since it was my idea to do it.

I never thought it was right to make the man pay for everything and I will never let a man pay all the time. I feel like it is just wrong. My bf has stopped asking me if I am sure when I pick up the tab lol We have come to an understanding with the bill
it works great and he doesn't go broke and neither do I.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I do have a list of foods you shouldn't eat on a date. Too much hazard, too messy, get stuck in teeth, feel free to add:

tacos
spaghetti
corn on the cob
anything with poppy seeds
anything with sesame seeds
ribs
huge subs

nixie_nox,,, I'm there with you My Friend,,,, My husband, For Your On Good, Don't Let The Man Eat Onions
OK, Rule #1. Do Not Fart!
It won't be 10 minutes and your nose will be Offended and your Eyes will Burn and people will look at you and leave, G-D Help You if this happens in the car!!!
YEA,,, Really Funny,,,, You're sleeping on the Couch,,, Big Boy!
YES, He Always Paid for Dinners and Opera and Theater.

edit on 17-5-2011 by guohua because: Spell Check

edit on 17-5-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2011 by guohua because: Make nicer so not to hurt his or her feeling!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It just doesn't feel right to me if my girlfriend pays instead of me. I suppose it comes mostly from just being raised that way. It's also partially because she's doesn't exactly have a lot of money to begin with and is also paying for college on top of that. I suppose I'm just kind of "traditional" though, because I won't let her carry something heavy if I'm available and things like that.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrodude

hot wings....good one!

No need to make faces when eating hot wings described as "suicide"

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join