It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father Twice Told Uzi Too Powerful for 8-Year-old Christopher Bizilj

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Epic failure on the parent's part. Wow....

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This is an old story as already pointed out, but do you people realize why the MSM is pushing this story right now? Do you think they'd be running this story if there wasn't a huge conspiracy to ban guns going on at the moment? Think about it. More brainwashing.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I have a 12 year old that knows more about firearms than i do, although i have been around them my whole life. Let me correct...he knows more firearm information, not firearm handling.

I let him shoot a .22 LR every weekend with me. We do between 60\-100 rounds. Sometimes we will take out an airsoft rifle of his and do a few round with it, too (he has some killer airsoft guns). Occasionally he will shoot my 30-30. It kicks like a mule, but only one shot is not dangerous for a large boy like him (he is bigger than most men).

In all likelyhood he will get his own deer rifle...but it will stay in my possession until we are using it. Aquarist, if your parents are saying no, then they are doing their job. Anything other than "no" would likely land them in jail. Nothing personal, it is just parenting.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Why is it even a choice of this idiotic father? The boy should not have been allowed to fire any weapon at the expo. The age for handling the weapons at events such as this should be determined and made law. If for no other reason than to prevent ignorant uneducated parents from playing russian roullette with children that know no better. The father insists it is ok, then tries to blame someone else for the fact that he AIDED his son in accidentally killing himself. The case should be dropped.
edit on 14-1-2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749

Alright I guess I have to report this one as well as I reported the one about the thirteen year old.

This is just...I can't describe it in words. Within a week so much has happened. It's a little ridiculous if you ask me.

It was all caught on video...but I can't bare to watch it.

Sad. Very Sad.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I didn't happen "in a week" you are being manipulated!
the 8yearold's story is dated: 10/28/2008

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
Why is it even a choice of this idiotic father? The boy should not have been allowed to fire any weapon at the expo. The age for handling the weapons at events such as this should be determined and made law. If for no other reason than to prevent ignorant uneducated parents from playing russian roullette with children that know no better. The father insists it is ok, then tries to blame someone else for the fact that he AIDED his son in accidentally killing himself. The case should be dropped.
edit on 14-1-2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

Why is it even appropriate for you to comment on this("idiotic") man's tragedy? Kids are killed because of poor choices all the time. Your outrage is being manipulated fora purpose.The other videos( included by ABC.COM news) happened in2008 and 20009 : but they went looking and all of a sudden its an epidemic of child gun fatalities.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The question of guilt in the death of this case is one that has to be carefully considered, by the jury in this case, as it is in court at this time frame. Though it leads to bear several questions that do come to mind, that many should be asking, including the lawyers in this case.
From what is printed and reported in the article, the facts are as follows:
A former police chief, ran the gun show, hiring and having a teenager, who was 15, running the area, to allow people to test fire weapons. A doctor, with his 8 year old child, went up to allow his child to fire a fully automatic weapon, unassisted. The 15 year old teen, stated twice, he thought the weapon was too powerful for the child to use, and the Doctor was very insistent that the child be allowed to fire the weapon.
So who ultimately is at fault for the death of the child? The former police chief, the teen, or the father? The question there is a fair and valid one. While the father wanted the child to have the experience of doing such, there are other questions that must be asked:
Why was a teen, who was 15 at the time, in charge of letting people fire weapons, with live ammunition? Were there any rules that would be in place to allow for the safe discharging of said weapons, age limits and more importantly, who could and could not do such?
Across the country, people who are under 18 can not sell age restricted substances, such as tobacco, alcohol, and some over the counter cold, allergy and cough medicine, so why was someone under the age of 18 allowed to do such? If the teen was that concerned, why did he not get the person who organized this event, and express his concern to him directly? If he had, would he had been backed up? If the child was not allowed to fire the weapon, would the father had sued on the grounds that it discriminated against his child?
Those are the questions that should be asked, before we assign guilt in this case. There is also one other question, how experienced was the child, who was killed, in handling and discharging of firearms with live ammunition?
I, myself, have experience with firing of weapons, from handguns, all the way up to fully automatic weapons and know that when the weapon fires at full automatic, there is not only a recoil, but also a lot of vibration what goes along with such. Even a shotgun, that fires a singe shot, will have a recoil that is powerful, and will knock a person down, if they are not ready for such.
It can be concluded that the following people are guilty for the death of this child: The former police chief for not only hiring of a 15 year old for running the live fire area, and weapons, and for failing to have safety rules in place, to prevent this, and the father of the child for failing to heed the concerns of someone who mentioned it to him twice. Those 2 people should be convicted, though the father will have to live with this decision for the rest of his life.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

The story being old has nothing to do with it.

Manipulation? I think not. I am an avid 2nd amendment supporter. I own a virtual arsenal apart from my husband's. We as a family hunt frequently. My 13 year old has been taught how to handle firearms safely.

Digging any story out of the vault will not change my views on the 2nd amendment. I can comment on the tradgedy because I support the 1st amendment as well. And tradgedy doesn't even begin to cover what this was.

The father did make an idiotic decision even after he was told twice that the boy should not fire the weapon. Did he feel remorse? I am sure it all but killed him. That doesn't negate the fact that he made a very foolish decision. You can call it what you wish. I stand by my statement.
edit on 15-1-2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarist

Originally posted by drew1749
The way I see what you just said is:

"I would kill 8 year old kids all day long to keep the population all nice and happy."

Am I wrong that you basically said that?

If it's necessary for my survival I'll kill anything that breaths.
And we do need population control, guns help with it, the earth is overpopulated.
Trigger fingers up to muzzleflash, well said
edit on 14-1-2011 by Aquarist because: Fixed Typos

You didn't actually post that did you?That's the philosophy of an ebola virus...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
How tragic. Well the father has been taught a lesson he will never ever forget. It is crazy to turn a kid loose on such a weapon. What was he thinking? Was he trying to make a point? Damn

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

I am wondering, did the father shoot it first? I mean seriously, did he actually feel what it was like to shoot that thing before insisting a kid try it?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
All you people saying this kid should not have used that gun, shame on you. What part of "shall not be abridged" do you not understand?

Also, learning from listening to this debate, had more people been armed, that kid would not have been able to shoot himself because someone could have shot him before he had the chance to do it.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The survival of the fittest point has some merit no matter how disgusting it is. However, we are humans who have supposedly risen above such a mentality.We have adopted laws and policies to help protect us from each other and ourselves. One of the results being that idiots do get to go forth and multiply. They are idiots so they don't know enough to stop. Thus the worlds population gets more and more skewed toward idiots as time goes on. It is really a scary thought.

On another note, plants will grow in Gatorade, saw it at my kids science fair last week.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

There is no indication that what you are saying works, so going just by how well something works, your idea stinks.

And that doesn't touch the idea that you might be a wretched human being besides.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join