It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ThisIsMyName: An Introduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hello everybody!

I am just recently signed up for this site even though I have been reading and learning from it for several years. I would like to introduce myself now that I have the time to write a good intro.

I was originally interested in basic conspiracies and in my spare time surfing the web I have delved very deeply into the forces constructing and manipulating the fabric of society. I have slowly drifted away from those conspiracies since I feel my understanding of them is very great and complex and now you can find me mostly in the Psychology/Philosophy and Spiritual Forums because I wish to develop myself and enjoy true free will, free of the ego and depression.

I live in Canada and currently attend University for Accounting (which may seem counterintuitive to my true ambitions). My goal is in life is live, love, laugh and learn. I don't have a specific passion, well, you could say life itself. To achieve this goal, I want to play the constructed game by TPTB and defeat it or find my way out in my own manner and a solid place to start is my education in a field that provides a competitive advantage and a steady supply of jobs.

In University, I took classes in Philosophy, Critical Thinking, Psychology and Sociology which I had never really deeply looked into which vastly changed my outlook on life, the way I think and many other things.

In my free time I love to go out for a run, explore nature with some friends, parkour (free running through obstacles), biking on the streets, trails, dirt jumps or skatepark, kickboxing, snowboarding and many other fun things. (I learned a bit about myself
I never realized how many various exciting things I do).
One of my favorite moments in recent memories was after a night of partying and drinking at a Club Opening, I had to get home so I could go to work so I walked to my friend's house to get my bike (which I left there when we met up), ninja'd into the garage and biked home 15mins listening to my tunes. Hopping over obstacles and enjoying the strange beauty of the city and small mist started to fall that tickled my skin. A moment of beauty and realization and just pure bliss. I wish I could do these things more often but the strains of school and life prohibit me from enjoying them to the fullest.

My favorite genre has to be trance but I do enjoy any music laced with deep, sometimes spiritual lyrics. If any of you DJ or have any mixes (preferably trance, tech trance etc) feel free to send them my way I love to jam in my car. I really don't like the radio at all. Here is my youtube channel check out my uploads and favs maybe you will find something you like there are some truly beautiful songs there! www.youtube.com...

It is very difficult for me to effectively communicate what I feel and what I think to the outside world and I feel that this is the best place for me to build those skills because I know in my heart and soul I am an intelligent and kind individual, although sometimes misunderstood because my way of thinking has always been different. Its frustrating that people are so closed minded and ignorant but I always strive to be positive even if it is difficult.

I'll end off with a song.

Any questions feel free to post or inbox me I am more than happy to reply

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
disagree, you are very eloquant.

video was a bit wierd though - 70s disco with a wierd ape in the car, then death...lost me there
edit on 13-1-2011 by maxinsurrey because: spelling error

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
It feels a little strange saying this as I'm only 15 or so posts old myself on ATS, but welcome all the same.

And doing all those activities you mentioned you must be as fit as a fiddle, whatever that actually means!

edit on 13-1-2011 by Trapt because: No reason.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by maxinsurrey

The song and video are part of a full movie called Interstella 6666 which has almost no sound effects besides the Daft Punk album. It is a great movie to check out.
Not a typical song I listen to but it just reminds me of freedom, unity and acceptance through not only the video but the song itself. Perhaps I should of explained that in my post
. It isn't the typical kind of music I listen to but I felt it was appropriate.

My communication struggles are mostly in real life, more so a problem with connecting with other people and being more open on my thoughts. Its sometimes hard to find a forum of people who share similar thoughts, ideas and passions since I have a pretty unique combination of them. ATS is a good place for me to start!

I am pretty fit but could be a lot more since I don't really do them that often as of recently but I never do have a problem getting started again afterwards. My main issue is my mindset, I have the capability to great things with my mind and body (and have proven so), but my mindset often pulls me back into a big pit of sorrow.
edit on 13-1-2011 by ThisIsMyName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsMyName

My goal is in life is live, love, laugh and learn

Indeed, and this is how it should be. It's the person that determined this phrase should be replaced with "Working for a living" is who I have a few issues with. Wonder who it was that ultimately decided this...and...how did this person get the rest of the population to reciprocate? Those were rhetorical questions mind you, point is, we don't "live" as much as what I think we were originally intended to.

That said, welcome to ATS!!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsMyName

you keep saying mindset. the 'mind' can change and does according to the enviroment. go to sleep tonight and imagine in your dream your 'mindset' is what you want it to be.when I was younger a voice said to me 'change your set' - it meant change the frequency that my brain was thinking on......I imaginged a dial in my head and changed it to a new frequency = it worked but took effort to keep 'tuning'

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Welcome!

Seems like you have come to the same conclusion I came to some time back, namely that delving into the negative conspiracies, secret societies etc can only be a first step towards finding the power of good. Or else one risks becoming a bitter person. One always comes to the conclusion

I am very interested in the paranormal field and cultivate myself in Falun Dafa according to the principle of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance.

I am convinced everyone can raise their spiritual realm and develop supernormal(inborn) abilities if they assimilate themselves to the cosmic characteristic(Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance) and open up their body´s energy field by appropriate exercises.

If interested I can send you a few links so you can see what Falun Dafa self-cultivation is all about.

/Gaussq

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
@UberL33t

Well the earth and society are the two largest living organisms on this earth in a manner of speaking. Society may have been constructed by TPTB ~BUT~ ultimately it is the "hidden hand" (what I would like to think as a collective conscience) which decides what institutions, products etc etc are needed, largely the basis of the whole economy. Our education system is designed to pump out people who can meet the needs of this hidden hand, which sadly means a life of slavery to feed our own greed. As much as we like to blame TPTB, we are the component of the visible hand, the collective consciousness. This is one way of looking at it.

@Maxinsurrey
Ah yes, I have been working on doing that, it's not that easy. But I keep at it and remain patient. I feel that my time will come.

@Gaussq
I have never heard of Falun Dafa, I would appreciate a few links to learn about it. Last year I was in the process of learning Kriya and Satyanda Yoga but seemed to have strayed from the past. Currently I am working on personal alchemy which I first read a non fiction book called The Alchemist and inspired me eventually to read the thread on it on ATS.

Also I am pretty sure I have had several Kundalini energy experiences and one of the most powerful was posting a reply on this site. I know I have the power to be very creative, I just need to learn how to harness it at will so I think this is another process I need to look into.

Thanks for all the welcomes!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

hello shiny one , I believe your'e right, blessings to you

top topics

join