It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dealing with cops, understanding your rights,.... by a cop.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumDisciple

it should not be a problem and hopefully you will never need the recording.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

Honestly, I've had very few bad run in's with cops.

I pull over, get my wallet out, roll down the window and keep both hands on the wheel.

i dont want to be a statistic

I realize the crap they must put up with and usually they're fine.

One night I left lodge late when some brothers and I were discussing philosophy and religion. I was running down the hiway, Travis Tritt came on the radio (Its nashville country but not bad...austin is better!).

Hi po lit up and pulled me over. I knew I must have screwed up and was in a good mood.

Sir, license and reg?

here ya go.

Did you know you were speeding?

I laughed. Not till you pulled me over! Just got out of lodge, Travis Tritt was playing and just flat didnt realize it!

he laughed and went to check me out.

Came back.

He said with a smile, Turn your radio down or change the station and slow down.

yessir! Have a good'en!

He was about early thirties. The Twenty somethings spook the hell out of me. I know I didnt know a damn thing at their age and I know they dont either.

Ladies seem to wanna prove something!

I wanna tell'em Hell lady, ask my wife! I'm a male feminist!

Thanks for the post officer! Be carefull out there.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I am not sure if this has been brought up yet, and I am sorry if it has. In my personal experience, having been pulled over on multiple occasions, there is something you can do that will go a long way. If at night, turn on your dome lights, and grip your steering wheel at 10 and 2. If during the day, just grip your steering wheel at 10 and 2, dome lights not necessary. I have done this every single time I have been pulled over, and being in the wrong every time, I have yet to receive a ticket.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

There is nothing I can say. The system is ate up with a lot of young dumb cops.
Seeashrink

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

More "freeman" hogwash. All of that sounds wonderful, but it not the world we live in and never will be until this current society callapses. Funny, all this time I thought a tort was a fruit filled pastry

Seeashrink

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Knowledge

Thank you, I appreciate that. I knew that I would get some negative responses and that is certainly understandable considering the experiences people have had with bad cops and the negative publicity on tv and the web.

seeashrink

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Yes, the officer can let the guy smoking weed go and I have done so on several occasions at my discretion. Yes, I have sent people to jail for weed and I am getting ready to do so again. The guy had over 2 onces (sp?). I agree it should be legal, but until that time I have to do my job.
Seeashrink

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by elfulanozutan0

The field sobriety test confirms the officer's suspicion and gives him something to add to his testimony in court.
Seeashrink

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

Outstanding post. If I could give you a hundred stars, I would. You hit the nail on the head with the management styles. I am always respectful of the individual I pull over. If they start to get out of hand I advise them that they are in control of the situation and that I will rise to whatever level they are trying to take it. In other words, lets handle this as easy as we can. I have a personal motto: I don't trouble trouble, until trouble troubles me.
Seeashrink

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Holy hell... I'm speechless.

I'm a cop hater of the worst kind. After reading your post I now realize that somewhere a good one exists. I never in a million years would have thought I would ever say that. Your thread has giving me valuable insight that I did not posses 5 minutes ago, and for that I would like to thank you!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumDisciple

I am not aware of any law that prevents you from doing that. Also, keep in mind that the cops video and voice recording can be used againt him as well.
Seeashrink

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

What if you have broken the law? Perhaps there’s a roach or some seeds in your car’s ashtray. If you are caught, be honest. This goes a long way.

People, this is terrible advice!

All being honest goes a long way towards is building the officer's case against you (even if you are innocent). The moment you are caught let your lawyer answer any further questions. Your lawyer will be very pleased to hear you have kept your mouth shut and not confessed to any crimes or identified any substances.

I agree it should be legal, but until that time I have to do my job.

It saddens me that so many would be a government machine over being an honest man. That so many don't care about the lives they are destroying as long that paycheck keeps coming in.

edit on 14-1-2011 by Azp420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The OP makes cops sound so responsible because the cop "lose his job/credibility/career" or whatever.

The state and law enforcement agencies are mostly on good terms with each other. They will do whatever is best for the bureaucracy whether financially or politically. That is the true nature of federal workers. You will learn this fact when you study behavioral economics.

It's more about keeping the people in line and preventing them from making the rulers' lives hard than protecting rights and keeping people safe. This is only the natural order of things.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Goodluck reporting your local super troopers.
Also, refusing to let a cop search just makes them all the more determined.
I live in a smaller city, cops don't have to worry about perception of them in the courtroom, because most of them are good friends with the judges.

Here is some actual good advice from a cop given to me by a cop in my criminal justice class:
Don't say a damn word, you are better off. The less you say the better.
edit on 14-1-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink
reply to post by daddio

More "freeman" hogwash. All of that sounds wonderful, but it not the world we live in and never will be until this current society callapses. Funny, all this time I thought a tort was a fruit filled pastry

Seeashrink

Exactly the response I would expect from someone indoctrinated in the bull#. READ THE COURT CASES and Federal Law always trumps State BS. The Federal Code, Title 18 RESTRICTS the police powers. I have sent many cops packing and have walked out of court having the charges dropped and making money.

I don't have to show you anything when stopped. You have no authority. I am not a part of the corporate society so you have NO RIGHT. You are not above the law. Period.

Like I said, the court has spoken and the written law is just that, LAW. American Jurisprudence.

PROVE UP YOUR CLAIM OR CEASE AND DESIST UNDER THE COLOR OF LAW

Oh yea, Color of Law...know what that is? I bet not.

A Federal Complaint under the color of law can also be filed.

TITLE 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
PART I - CRIMES
CHAPTER 13 - CIVIL RIGHTS
§ 241. Conspiracy against rights
If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person in any State,
Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or
privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having
so exercised the same; or

If two or more persons go in disguise on the highway, or on the premises of another, with intent to
prevent or hinder his free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege so secured—
They shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death
results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or
an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse,
or an attempt to kill, they shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years or for
life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

And also........

PART I - CRIMES
CHAPTER 13 - CIVIL RIGHTS
§ 242. Deprivation of rights under color of law
Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any
person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any
rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United
States, or to different punishments, pains, or penalties, on account of such person being an alien,
or by reason of his color, or race, than are prescribed for the punishment of citizens, shall be
fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results
from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted
use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title
or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in
violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated
sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined
under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

And the ONLY leagal definition of a "motor vehicle" can be found here:

PART I - CRIMES
CHAPTER 2 - AIRCRAFT AND MOTOR VEHICLES
§ 31. Definitions
(a) Definitions.— In this chapter, the following definitions apply:
(6) Motor vehicle.— The term “motor vehicle” means every description of carriage or other
contrivance propelled or drawn by mechanical power and used for commercial purposes on the
highways in the transportation of passengers, passengers and property, or property or cargo.
(10) Used for commercial purposes.— The term “used for commercial purposes” means the
carriage of persons or property for any fare, fee, rate, charge or other consideration, or directly or
indirectly in connection with any business, or other undertaking intended for profit.

I know of very few "cops" who actually KNOW the real deal.

Time to wake up to the lies people. Cops have no authority, period!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

F... yeah to that, man, @ssh..e got what he deserved. I feel good already just by reading your story.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

In the real world the man with a gun always has authority be him cop or bank robber, the sad part is its getting harder to tell the difference

I would like to take a moment to think seashrink for admitting there is a sizable amount of abusive cops out there...........I think that is really what most of us asking for is just to acknowledge that

IMO the ONLY time this discredits the good cops is when they refuse to admit it or worse help cover it up

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Super young rookie cop pulls me over. "Sir your brake light is out". Give him my license, registration, insurance, standard OP. While he is back in the Patrol car running my stuff I look around the tool/parts box in my van and HEY!, I got a spare bulb. I yell back to him showing him the bulb "Can I just pop it in? NO, STAY IN THE CAR!!! Idiot writes me a fix it ticket!!!

Then I drive one block to the police station, desk cop comes out and says "Yep it's fixed", signs off the ticket, then when I tell him the story says "Yep the new guy is too gung ho, thought by checking my info he had to write me a ticket". I don't think the rookie cop made it to permanent status, that was the only time I saw him.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
if everyone is equal before the law then there is no heirarchy as to whom it applies to or not
and no one can "enforce it" any less or more then anyone else,

if its not equal its discriminating be it how major or minute

so i guess my question would be that since all are equal who has the power to give the right
over someone else ?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink
reply to post by Keeper of Kheb

In the most basic of terms, you are correct. It is a right in the sense that you have the right to drive IF you meet the requirements. Everybody has that same right. It is a priveledge in that when you earn a driver's license, it can be taken away from you for certain violation or a culminations of violations. I think that you would agree that a habitual drunk driver needs his license suspended, etc.
Seeashrink

Great topic. This whole right versus privilege is a tricky one and sure to spur debate. First and foremost, the skinny on travel as a "right:"

As the Supreme Court notes in Saenz v Roe, 98-97 (1999), the Constitution does not contain the word "travel" in any context, let alone an explicit right to travel (except for members of Congress, who are guaranteed the right to travel to and from Congress). The presumed right to travel, however, is firmly established in U.S. law and precedent. In U.S. v Guest, 383 U.S. 745 (1966), the Court noted, "It is a right that has been firmly established and repeatedly recognized." In fact, in Shapiro v Thompson, 394 U.S. 618 (1969), Justice Stewart noted in a concurring opinion that "it is a right broadly assertable against private interference as well as governmental action. Like the right of association, ... it is a virtually unconditional personal right, guaranteed by the Constitution to us all." It is interesting to note that the Articles of Confederation had an explicit right to travel; it is now thought that the right is so fundamental that the Framers may have thought it unnecessary to include it in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights.

Also see here: www.welcome.freeenterprisesociety.com...

Theoretically, you don't have to get a license if you don't register your car and therefore, you would not have to have insurance. While you are at it, the next time you buy a car, ask the dealer for the vehicle's Manufacturer's Statement of Origin (MSO) - good luck (bet most of you didn't know that the state has your MSO and therefore can take possession of your vehicle if it really wanted to).

However, the few that take this road find it very difficult, as you would be driving down the road with no license plate and would get pulled over all the time. You could take your chances in court and try the Civil Law route, versus U.C.C. route, but unless you know what you are really doing, not recommended.

So, that leads us to travel as a privilege, which occurs when you get a license. Why do you need a license? Because you are operating in a Commercial System. Additionally, when you register your car, you are forfeiting all and any rights to the commercial system (Registration literally means to hand over your right to the King). As part of the commercial system and statutes, you are required by that system to have insurance. Additionally, when you attend traffic court, unless otherwise directed (by you), the magistrate or judge is operating under U.C.C. and therefore, as judge to settle banking disputes or contracts. The dispute is not the infraction, but the amount contested on the ticket.

I have mentioned some BS here, which is really founded in truth. However, I have seen people act out in half knowledge of this information and end up pissing off a judge or a police officer and end up in worse trouble via ignorance.

In the end, it is best to follow the advice presented here in this topic, be courteous and follow the rules. The fight for constitutional-ism or what is your right is best fought in other realms.

On a side note, if you really thought you owned your house via a deed, think again. And the reason I mentioned earlier about getting the MSO of your vehichle or trailer for that matter, is equivalent to having the allodial title deed. See here: en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join