It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Nazi investigations rise for a second year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Global Nazi investigations rise for a second year

www.bbc.co.uk

The number of ongoing investigations into Nazi war criminals increased last year, says a report by the Simon Wiesenthal Center (SWC).

From April 2009 to March 2010 there were 852 investigations being conducted worldwide, compared with 706 during the same period in 2008/09.

The SWC also awarded Germany an A-grade for its efforts to prosecute ex-Nazis.

This is the first time its top grade has been given to any other country except the United States.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I find it quite strange that we (as in "The World") are still pursuing people who committed alleged war crimes - and let's remember that these are allegations, which need to be proven in a court of law - after more than 60 years.

Although if found to be proven, the crimes are of course heinous, does it really serve any purpose to put 90 year olds in jail for something that they will undoubtedly claim was just them carrying out "orders" from others, in a higher position than themselves? It's easy to claim that they could have refused to obey orders, but that would have led to them either being killed themselves, or suffering the same fate as their alleged victims (incarceration in a concentration camp, which would also lead to possibel death).

If someone told you to do something, and you know that if you refused you would be killed, would you do it? Or give up your own life because you didn't agree?

I just think it's time that a line was drawn under the whole thing, and we all move on from what was a regrettable period in the development of the human race, and focus on never having it happen again.

Although it could be, and has been argued many times that similar war crimes are occurring in the present day, or recent past. The Balkans, for example. Iraq?

The chief architects of the Holocaust are long since dead. Does it really serve any purpose whatsoever to carry on with these hunts and prosecutions?

Or is this just a way of keeping the suffering of the Jewish people from 60 years ago in the minds of the world (and by that i mean Governments), to support the way they operate as a nation in the world of today?

And by the way, I'm not a Nazi, so don't let's have a slanging match. I'm just asking the question does it really serve any purpose?

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13-1-2011 by BlueOrb because: Can't ever seem to submit anything without spelling mistakes.........

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
A good rule of thumb is that if any organization calls itself a 'civil rights' organization but spends most of their time trying to take peoples civil rights away - First Amendment, Second Amendment, Palestinian Apartheid etc. - then maybe they're not as into civil rights as they claim.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
You raise good questions. I think most people would choose self preservation given those circumstances. Put a sword to my throat and I'll be yelling Alla Akba or whatever it is they say. I could never have been a Nazi because I am just too brown
and if I were alive back then they would have tossed me in the oven but I have to agree with you. I'd say if they found someone who was in charge or actually making big decisions they need to get him but the guys that were truly just following orders to stay alive need to be left alone. Hell, they put the top dogs to work building our space program and working on mind control anyhow (operation paperclip).
edit on 13-1-2011 by chefc14 because: wanted to add a little more.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by chefc14
. Hell, they put the top dogs to work building our space program and working on mind control anyhow (operation paperclip).

Exactly! Seems like double standards to me. Excuse those top dogs who have somehing that we need, and hunt the rest down to please the Holocaust survivors.

Also the following article is interesting: www.dailymail.co.uk...

The passport pictured in the article was actually issued by the Red Cross , of all people!(www.dailymail.co.uk...).

One area that is not looked at close enough is the collusion between the Nazis and the Vatican, who provided invaluable assistance in helping them escape at the end of the war via the socalled "rat runs".

And i suppose that now there's a former Nazi heading up the Vatican, that isn't going to see any progress any time soon......

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Its not really hard to believe lol, more and more people are realizing how israel is making more and more FRIENDS around the world, so they gotta start hunting down them left over nazis...

So 1939 to 2010 makes 71 years right, so how many people are still alive from that time, im sure theres still out there but come on, what a waste of money, why not spend it onfinding lost children, or maybe todays war criminals, or have a big ars party and get everyone invited lol...

just my 2 cents
edit on 13-1-2011 by dukeofjive because: oh my bad, i should have made the dates even earlier, so lets say 1934 and up eheheh

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
They need to leave these people alone. I don't believe a word of the Weasal center. There is an agenda here, for more money and control for Isreal, and too many nations and people are under it's spell.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Shouldn't we be hunting the war criminals mentioned in the Goldsmith Report or are Israelis exempt from war crimes laws?

There are 200+ Israeli war criminals wanted because of Cast Lead with their details registered with Interpol. Is the Weasel Centre going to help in rounding up these soulless dregs?

Here is a link to the photos of these creatures;

artintifada.wordpress.com...

And here is a full list of the junior rank child butchers:

s242816488.onlinehome.us...

Make sure to see it before the Weasal Centre and the ADL squeal antiSemitism and get the site deleted.
edit on 13-1-2011 by Ilovecatbinlady because: typo

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Time marches on. What are the ADL, JDL, SWC etc gonna do when all the old Nazis are dead and gone?

I mean, their whole Nazi / Hollowcost industry wil need a serious rethink to keep the victim flag flying and the money coming in.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Time marches on. What are the ADL, JDL, SWC etc gonna do when all the old Nazis are dead and gone?

I mean, their whole Nazi / Hollowcost industry wil need a serious rethink to keep the victim flag flying and the money coming in.

There are more Holocaust survivors alive today than in 1945 and I kid you not.

Check this site out; www.judymeschel.com...

And of course, with the assistance of the media and Hollywood, the Israelis will be transformed into the victims of the Palestinians they occupy and a historical link will be established to firm up this myths. In 30 years, the Weasel Centre will hunting down Arab antiSemites and war criminals.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueOrb

I find it quite strange that we (as in "The World") are still pursuing people who committed alleged war crimes - and let's remember that these are allegations, which need to be proven in a court of law - after more than 60 years.

Me too! I am wondering why the modern day war criminals are being pursued and prosecuted, people like G. Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Carl Rove.....they are most certainly war criminal too.

new topics

top topics

join