It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plus degrees in December (Polar night ends TWO DAYS early? )

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Let me clarify, I am not sure Google purposefully blocked it or if it's a satellite glitch. I've never seen that before and I found it curious to find it on a piece of land that's in much dispute/debate lately.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

my problem is you simply cannot communicate.....you stated a vague post that isnt related to the thread .further you insinuate I have a problem not being able to read your mind.there is a lot to comment on about that continent ...go # your self

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike184ever

my problem is you simply cannot communicate.....you stated a vague post that isnt related to the thread .further you insinuate I have a problem not being able to read your mind.there is a lot to comment on about that continent ...go # your self

Your "Start a new thread" was commanding not communicating.

Listen MIKE......no one but you seems to have a problem with my communication skills. You are an instigator and not a pleasant participant to threads.

ATS has provided a wonderful and free option of U2U (which you've often used to berate me in the past) so you could've asked me what I was inferring instead of your typical bullying and bossing.

This is a Greenland thread. I want to know what's going on with Greenland. What I posted has everything directly or indirectly related to this thread.

As a part of the North American continent of whom I'm a member of, Greenland is very special to me (did that sound somewhat sincere? Didn't think so
)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

The scientific explanation is that the warming Arctic air is causing temperature inversions, which in turn cause the light of the sunset to refract so that the sun appears to be setting a few kilometres off-kilter. “There is so much garbage in the air, it’s refraction that’s causing our elders to think our world has tilted,” Kunuk says.

that sounds resonable...

kx

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I just don't buy it.

I don't know what I buy but not that.

We're keeping our eyes on Alaska because their polar nights are to end fairly soon too. We'll see

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Temperature inversions do cause the sun and other celestial objects near the horizon to appear higher in the sky than normal. Large temperature inversions that can significantly affect the apparent positions of these objects are generally much easier to find in polar locations. What we can say for certain is that the sun is not actually "out of place" in the sky, whether due to a change in the earth's orientation or position, or a change in the sun's actual position (which would make even less sense anyway). I just tested the position of the sun yesterday at sunrise and found it to be exactly where it should have been. I also tested to see what would happen if I slewed to the coordinates the sun should be at 48 hours later and 24 hours later to see if the test was sensitive enough to tell the difference and it most certainly was. Here's the video showing all of this:
www.ustream.tv...
Solar observing began about 1:09:00 or so into the video right as the top of the sun peaked over some trees. Once it was fully risen so that the whole sun could be seen I slewed away from it again and showed that I had done so at about 1:40:00 into the video, then I commanded the telescope to slew back to the sun and sure enough it landed right on it.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Very well theorized!!!! He's explaining the science with practical application (as the host said) so we all can understand what may be, going on!

David Sereda (part 4 of 12)

(part 5 of 12)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
So has anyone followed this up in 2012? After much searching I can find nothing about this for this year. The predicted date was the 13th just like last year. I found one redirecting site that is set up to capture traffic searching for this topic, but it just repeats the 2011 stuff with some rubbish that does not make sense.

So the question is, did the sun rise in Ilulissat early this year or not, and why are there no answers to this question?

Maybe my googlefu is bad, I don't know, but I could not find one single answer to this question in my searching. Can anyone else?

The only thing I can think to do is call a hotel in the area and see what the person on the other end of phone says. Since it was back in January, who knows...

Thanks for any help anyone can provide on finding an answer to this question.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by earthreborn

i'm curious too!!!! i read a lot about it (what i could find) the last time. i'd love to know if it happened again.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join